Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development is a 1-year full-time post graduate course divided into 2 semesters. The course focuses on the Entrepreneurial sector and its many sub-divisions.
The program covers Study areas include opportunity discovery and evaluation, creativity and innovation, finance, entrepreneurial marketing, corporate and contemporary challenges in entrepreneurship and innovation. This course is targeted at those who are active in, or intend to enter, the entrepreneurship field. Course is planned as an experiential learning movement and empowers aspirants to practice such exercises as looking into business sectors for new items or service idea, delivering a strategy for success with anticipated financial statements and recognizing assets to execute the plan.
Candidates figure out how to recognize and refine market openings, how to create and assess marketable strategies, how to secure financing and oversee strategic partnerships. Candidates learn different ideas including the leadership, basics of management, authority, motivations, inspiration, decision-making, human resource development, conflict management, advertising, marketing and sustaining an organization.Students additionally get essential information of accounting practices and finance.
Top colleges offering the course are:
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME)
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI), Gandhinagar
Given below the top entrance exams conducted for admission to the course in India are:
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a graduation degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% of marks.
Admission to the course depends on the student's performance in an relevant entrance test, or merit acquired in the last qualifying exam.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 10,000 to 10 lacs for a span of 1 years.
Successful post graduates of the course can receive salary between INR 2 to 20 lacs annually in the industry, increasing with experience and skillset.
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development: Course Highlights
Given below are some of the main highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation with 50%|
|Admission Process||CAT, MAT, GMAT, KMAT|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||Venture Storm, Linked in, AngelList, TALENTDASH, Gravity, Idea, Zoho, Amazon, Airtel, Vodafone, Whirpool etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||College and university, own business, Job in industries, Jobs in mid-level Management, Accounting, Office Administration, Sales, Economics, Ecommerce industry, IT Industry, MNCs etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Consultant, Asst. Manager, Chief Human Resources Officer, Executive/Office Assistant, System Analyst, Delivery Manager, Senior Network Administrator, Marketing Executive, Placement Coordinator, Finance Controller etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 10,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2 to 20,00,000|
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development: What is it all About?
As an academic discipline, Entrepreneurship Development involves the management of Entrepreneurship sector. It is a multidisciplinary management course, which draws from the sub-disciplines of Entrepreneurship Development including:
- Nature and scope of management: Skills, Functions and Roles of a Manager, Evolution of Management thought; Behavioural, Scientific, Systems and Social responsibility of business, Contingency Approaches.
- Managerial Economics – Definition, scope, its nature, and relation with other disciplines; Analysis of demand laws of demand, Demand theory, demand distinction, elasticity; demand forecasting.
- Nature and measures of profit, theories of profit; profit policy, profit planning and control with special reference to break-even analysis.
- Management Accounting - Concept, principals, scope and importance; distinction between financial accounting and management accounting.
- Definitions, Introduction, Characteristics and types of entrepreneur and entrepreneurship; Difference between Manager and entrepreneur; Types of entrepreneur; Role of entrepreneur, Qualities and functions of entrepreneurs; and importance of entrepreneur in economic growth.
- Entrepreneurial motivation and entrepreneurial Behaviours; Innovation and entrepreneur, Achievement and Entrepreneurial success; Management of Innovation, sources of Innovation.
- Search for business ideas, idea processing and selection, sources of idea. Input requirements; source and strategies of financing fixed and working capital assessment.
- Need of entrepreneurial development, Concept of entrepreneurial development. Institutions assisting Entrepreneurs - Small Industries Development Organisations (SIDO), District Industries Centres (DIC), Small Institutions Service Institutions (SISI), Government rules and regulation regarding Small Industries, Commercial banks and entrepreneurial development.
- Elements of project formulation; Economic feasibility, Feasibility Analysis - Financial feasibility, social cost - benefit analysis; Technological Feasibility; preparation of feasibility report.
A candidate with a Post-Graduation degree in Entrepreneurship Development can seek to enter into own business, Job in industries, Jobs in mid-level Management, Accounting, Office Administration, Sales, Economics, Business Consultant, Business Reporter, Financial Analyst, Marketing Manager etc.
Other job duties for graduates of the discipline may involve:
- Hiring, Training, Motivating, Engaging and developing Entrepreneur confident about this business.
- Conducting numerous activities in hiring & developing Entrepreneurs.
- Further Training and guiding Entrepreneurs how to hire agents and further how to create them by training, engaging, activating and motivating them. Taking various activities around this.
- Overachieving assigned tasks w.r.t recruiting Entrepreneur, agents and GWP.
Also, such professionals can find jobs in the both the private and government entrepreneurial sector in the country. After passing the course, they have many jobs as they can work as Small Business Owners, Business Consultants, Business Reporters, Fundraisers and Development Officers, Sales Managers, New Venture Developers, Teaching/Faculty etc.
Top Institutes offering Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development
Given below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.?
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||CITY||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|Symbiosis Institute Of Business Management||Pune||INR 4,68,000|
|International School Of Business And Research||Bangalore||INR 3,50,000|
|Icfai Business School||Hyderabad||INR 6,26,000|
|Jagannath International Management School||New Delhi||INR 3,18,000|
|Indus Business Academy||Bangalore||INR 2,91,000|
|Institute Of Management Studies||Noida||INR 3,45,000|
|Acharya School Of Management||Bangalore||INR 1,50,000|
|Annex College Of Management Studies||Kolkata||INR 40,000|
|International Management Institute||Bhubaneswar||INR 4,23,000|
|Iilm Lodhi Road||New Delhi||INR 6,45,000|
|Indirapuram Institute Of Higher Studies||Ghaziabad||INR 2,33,000|
|Institute For Future Education, Entrepreneurship And Leadership||Pune||INR 2,50,000|
Eligibility for Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development
Given below are the minimum criteria which students interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline. Final year students may apply.
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development: Admission Process
Admission to the PGDM-BE programme requires a Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10+2+3 system) with minimum 50% marks, or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Competitors showing up for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree are additionally qualified to apply. The admission procedure comprises of taking any of these tests - CAT, MAT, XAT, ATMA and CMAT.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the graduation level.
Listed below are some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester - wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Entrepreneurship||Production and Risk Management|
|Communication||Small Business Finance|
|Research, Assessment and Project Evaluation||Small Business Accounting|
|Small Business Management||Project|
|Elements of Marketing and Small Business Law||-|
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development: Career Prospects
Entrepreneurs are typically the occupation makers and they help other people understand their dreams while accomplishing their own. With entrepreneurship and innovation, professions are just constrained by a person's vision. Vocation openings incorporate everything from beginning their own organization to working in the development of new business openings inside existing organizations.
Some of the top professional jobs open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Assistant manager||The responsibility of a Asst. manager may incorporate direct supervision of staff, worker assessment, beginning disciplinary contact, and performing other administrative tasks when the director is inaccessible.||INR 5,81,461|
|Chief Human Resource Officer||The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for managing all parts of (HR), its practices, and operations keeping in mind the end goal to address the issues of the always developing business.||INR 2,92,400|
|Entrepreneurs||Entrepreneurs are proprietors, partners, owners or founder of an organization. They help set up a business, for the most part as a little one, and after that work to grow the business with expectations of earning more profits.||INR 6,26,482|