AP EDCET 2022: Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, has released AP EDCET Application Form at sche.ap.gov.in. Candidates who have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in their qualifying exam can register for AP EDCET 2022 Application Form by June 7, 2022. The application fee to apply for AP EDCET is INR 600 for the general category and INR 400 for SC/ST category candidates.
Successfully registered candidates can download their AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card on July 2, 2022. AP EDCET 2022 will be conducted on July 13, 2022, from 9 am to 11 am in pen-paper mode. As per AP EDCET Exam Pattern, the question paper consists of a total of 150 multiple-choice objective-type questions. For every correct answer, 1 mark is awarded. There will be no negative markings in the exam. AP EDCET 2022 Syllabus includes 4 sections, i.e. General English, Teaching Aptitude, General Knowledge, and Methodology. Candidates are advised to download AP EDCET Practice Paper for a better reference.
What is AP EDCET? Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test or AP EDCET is a 2-hour state-level entrance exam conducted by various universities across the state on behalf of APSCHE to admit candidates into B.Ed. programs in various government-aided and private colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
AP EDCET 2022 Exam Dates
|AP EDCET 2022 Official Exam Notification||May 6, 2022|
|AP EDCET 2022 Application Process||May 9, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for AP EDCET 2022 without Late fee||June 7, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for AP EDCET 2022 with late fee of Rs.1000/-||June 15, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for AP EDCET 2022 with late fee of Rs.2000/-||June 22, 2022|
|AP EDCET 2022 Form Correction||June 17 – June 24, 2022|
|AP EDCET 2022 Hall Ticket Download||July 2, 2022|
|AP EDCET 2022 Exam Date||July 13, 2022|
|AP EDCET 2022 Result Declaration||To be announced|
|AP EDCET 2022 Counselling||To be announced|
AP EDCET 2022 Exam Highlights
|Full Name||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|Courses offered||B.Ed. Regular Course|
AP EDCET 2022 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for AP EDCET 2022 before applying. To be eligible for AP EDCET, candidates must satisfy the eligibility requirements pertaining to nationality, academic qualification, age limit, etc.
AP EDCET 2022 Nationality
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- They should satisfy Local/Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
AP EDCET 2022 Academic Qualification
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for final year exams of B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/B.Com./ B.C.A./B.B.M. at the time of submitting AP EDCET 2022 Application Form.
- Candidates must produce a marks memo and pass certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates from the general category are required to score a minimum of 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree and/or in the Postgraduate Degree in relevant subject or 5 years integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology.
- However, reserved category candidates (SC/ST/BC/PwD) are required to score a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
Note: B.E/B.Tech candidates with Mathematics, Physics are also eligible for admission into the Course.
|Category||Qualifying Marks in the Qualifying Examination|
AP EDCET 2022 Age Limit
Candidates should have completed the age of 19 years on July 1, 2022. There shall be no maximum age limit.
|Minimum Age Limit||19 years|
|Upper Age Limit||No upper Limit|
Choice of Subject under Part – C Methodology Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are graduates in the required discipline can check out the eligibility criteria to apply for B.Ed in the required discipline.
|Mathematics||B.A/B.Sc. with Mathematics or B.C.A. with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject. B.Tech with Mathematics & Physics|
|Physical Sciences||B.Sc. with Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as group subject.|
|Biological Sciences||B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science) with Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.|
|Social Studies||B.A./B.Com./B.B.M. or B.C.A. with Social Sciences at an intermediate level.|
|English||B.A Special English or M.A. English|
AP EDCET 2022 Reservation
AP EDCET 2022 seat reservation rules are explained below. AP EDCET 2022 Reservation Criteria are based on the rules and norms prescribed by the state government of Andhra Pradesh.
Local Area-Wise Reservations:
Admission to 85% of the seats in each methodology are reserved for the local candidates and 15% of the seats are unreserved
- Andhra University-Local Area: Districts Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur, and Prakasam
- Sri Venkateswara University-Local Area: Anantapur, Kurnool, Chittoor, Kadapa, and Nellore districts
- The Osmania University-local area: All the districts of Telangana
Note: In respect of State-wide Institutions, namely, Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswa Vidyalayam, Tirupati, Dravidian University, Kuppam admission to 85% of seats, in each methodology will be reserved for the candidates belonging to the three local areas and 15% of seats shall be left for the open competition.
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for admission to 15% of unreserved seats.
- All the local candidates.
- Candidates who resided in the State for ten years excluding periods of study outside the State.
- Candidates whose parents or spouse is in the employment of the State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities, and similar other quasi-public institutions within the State at the time of submitting the application.
Note: If a local candidate is not available to fill any seat reserved, such seat shall be filled in as if it has been un-reserved.
AP EDCET 2022 Application Form
- AP EDCET 2022 Application Form can only be applied online on the official website.
- There are primarily 4 steps in filling AP EDCET 2022 application form namely fee payment, checking your payment status, filling the application form, and taking a printout of the application form.
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to fill in AP EDCET 2022 Application Form:
- Step 1: Fee Payment: Candidates can make Online Fee Payments through this option.
- Step 2: Know your Payment status: Candidates can check the Success/Failure status of Fee Payment
- Step 3: Fill Application: Candidates should fill in the Application form carefully. After filling the online Application form with the required details, Candidates should verify all the details carefully and press Submit button.
- Step 4: Print Application Form: After pressing the submit button, an Application Form will be generated which contains the registration number along with filled-in details. Candidates can print the submitted form for future correspondence.
AP EDCET 2022 Application Fee
AP EDCET 2022 Application fee for various categories is mentioned in the table below.
|Late Fees||INR 1000|
Candidates should note that the fee once remitted will not be refunded. The fee can be submitted using the following modes:
- AP Online
- Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking
AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card
- AP EDCET 2022 admit card will be released by the conducted body and candidates who have successfully completed AP EDCET 2022 application process can download it online.
- AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card can be downloaded by visiting the official website of AP EDCET.
Given below are the step-by-step instructions to download AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card:
- Step 1: Candidates should visit the AP EDCET official website.
- Step 2: After visiting the official website, click on the tab for “Hall Ticket Download”.
- Step 3: Candidates are required to enter their Payment Reference Id and Application number carefully in the fields provided.
- Step 4: After filling in the details, click on the ‘Download Hall Ticket’ tab.
- Step 5: The online AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Candidates are required to download and print two-three copies of the same. AP EDCET 2022 Admit cards should be preserved for further process.
AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card: Details Mentioned
AP EDCET 2022 Admit card is an important document that contains some important information such as:
- Roll number of candidate
- Registration number of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Category of the candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and time of the AP EDCET 2022 entrance exam
- Reporting time at the AP EDCET 2022 Exam Centre
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
- No request to change the exam venue or exam timings will be entertained by AP EDCET 2022 Exam conducting authorities.
- In case, candidates found any mistake in the Admit Card they should immediately contact the authorities.
AP EDCET 2022 Exam Centers
- Candidates are required to choose AP EDCET 2022 exam city while filling the application form.
- The final allocation of exam centers is reserved with the APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education), which will be released on the admit card.
Given below are some AP EDCET 2022 Exam Centers where the exam will be conducted:
AP EDCET 2022 Exam Pattern
- AP EDCET 2022 Exam Pattern comprises a total of 150 objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- The duration of the AP EDCET 2022 entrance test is 2 hours. Every correct response will be awarded one mark.
- The paper will include questions from the subjects of General English, Teaching Aptitude, General Knowledge and Methodology.
- The question paper will be in English and Telugu except for English methodology. However, candidates have the option to write the test in Urdu medium as well and such candidates need to opt for Kurnool as Test Centre.
AP EDCET 2022 paper wise distribution of questions in all three parts is explained in the table below:
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Part A||General English||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge||15||15|
|Part B||Teaching Aptitude||10||10|
AP EDCET 2022 Methodology
Candidates have to choose one of the following subjects for the third part of the AP EDCET exam.
2) Physical Sciences
- Physics - 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry - 50 questions for 50 marks
3) Biological Sciences
- Botany - 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology - 50 questions for 50 marks
4) Social Studies - 100 questions for 100 marks
- Geography - 35 questions for 35 marks
- History - 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics - 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics - 20 questions for 20 marks
Note: Part-A and Part-B are common for all the candidates irrespective of the Methodology chosen in Part-C
AP EDCET 2022 Syllabus
AP EDCET 2022 Syllabus of Part A and Part B of the entrance exam is of general level, whereas Part C is based on the subject opted in graduation level.
- PART A: General English
- PART B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
- PART C: Subject opted in the qualifying examination.
|General English||General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude||Optional Subject|
|Reading Comprehension||General knowledge of the Environment and its application to society||Mathematics (MS)|
|Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling||Knowledge of Current Events||Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)|
|Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms||History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research||Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)|
|Transformation of Sentences - Simple, Compound, and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech, and Indirect Speech.||Certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognize individual differences, etc.||Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)|
AP EDCET 2022 Results
- AP EDCET 2022 Results will be released by the conducting body on their official website.
- APSCHE will release AP EDCET 2022 Result in the 3rd week of October, 2022.
- Candidates should note that they will not be informed individually about the result.
- AP EDCET 2022 Result has to be checked by candidates on the official website.
- AP EDCET 2022 Merit List of candidates will also be released as per the marks scored by candidates.
AP EDCET 2022 Qualifying Marks
AP EDCET 2022 qualifying marks as per the category of candidates:
- The qualifying marks for general category candidates in the AP EDCET Entrance Test are 37 out of total marks (i.e. 25%).
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities, there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
- There will be no minimum qualifying marks in AP EDCET 2022 for women in Physical Sciences/Mathematics methodologies.
AP EDCET 2022 Tie-Break Criteria
- Candidates will be allocated ranks on the basis of marks obtained in AP EDCET 2022 examination.
- The rank obtained in AP EDCET 2022 is valid for entry into B.Ed. course for the academic year 2022-2023 only.
Given below is the AP EDCET 2022 Tie-Breaking Criteria:
- If there is a tie in total marks, Part C marks will be taken into account to decide the relative ranking.
- If a tie still persists, the marks obtained in Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
- If a tie still continues, candidates will be bracketed for the purpose of an award of rank.
- At the time of admission, age will be taken into account for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates and the older candidates will be given priority.
AP EDCET 2022 Counselling
- AP EDCET 2022 Counselling will be conducted for successful candidates on the basis of ranks allocated in the Merit List.
- AP EDCET 2022 Counselling procedure will be conducted in an online mode.
- All the shortlisted candidates are required to report for verification of documents at the stipulated facilitated centers.
- During counseling, candidates are required to fill their choices for colleges as per their preference.
Given below are the instructions to follow while attending AP EDCET 2022 Counselling:
- Candidates should be present in person on the notified date and time at the facilitation center with all the relevant certificates and fees.
- All the applicants are called for registration as per their rank. Candidates are required to sign in the register and pay the processing fee before they go ahead for the verification of certificates. The processing fee for
|AP EDCET 2022 Counselling Fee||Category|
|SC/ ST||INR 500/-|
- Candidates from BC/SC/ST category must submit a community certificate issued and duly signed by Mandal Revenue Officer [MRO].
- Tuition fee reimbursement will be applicable as per the rules of the respective state governments of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Income certificate issued by MRO after January 01, 2022 will only be considered valid.
- Candidates need to produce original certificates and bring xerox copies of certificates at the time of submission.
- Every candidate should have a mobile number for verification. One Time Password will be communicated to this mobile number
- After verification, the candidates have to collect the Receipt of Certificates from the counter.
- Candidates have to exercise options on the official website.
- They should be careful while exercising options on the web and take the printout of the saved options.
- Candidates will be informed about their final allotment via mail/final result list and they have to report to the respective colleges on or before the specified date, failing which the candidate will lose their right to admission.
- Candidates can withdraw from counselling by submitting an application to the coordinator, helpline center along with receipt of certificates.
AP EDCET 2022 FAQs
Ques. Who are eligible for AP Edcet?
Ans. Candidates who have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for AP EDCET. Candidates are given a 10% relaxation in their eligibility criteria. Candidates must have studied Mathematics and Physics as a compulsory subject.
Ques. Are there any changes to AP EDCET 2022 exam?
Ans. AP EDCET exam was previously conducted in offline pen-paper mode. However, recently, AP EDCET has been turned into an online mode exam.
Ques. What type of questions are asked in AP EDCET 2022 exam?
Ans. AP EDCET 2022 Exam will have a total of 150 questions. The questions will be objective-type multiple-choice questions, candidates can choose one from 4 choices.
Ques. How can I download AP EDCET 2022 Admit Card?
Ans. AP EDCET 2022 Admit card can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates can log into the official website using their candidate's credentials.
Ques. How do I apply for AP EDCET 2022?
Ans. Candidates can apply for AP EDCET 2022 Exam by visiting the official website. Candidates must pay the application fees for INR 600 for the general category, and INR 400 for reserved category candidates.
Ques. Where can I download AP EDCET 2022 Results?
Ans. Candidates can download AP EDCET 2022 Results by visiting the official website. AP EDCET 2022 Results can be downloaded by logging in using the candidate's credentials.
Ques. What is AP EDCET 2022 Counselling fees?
Ans. AP EDCET 2022 Counselling can be done online by visiting the official website. Candidates must pay the counselling fees of INR 1000 for the general category or INR 500 for SC/ST category candidates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.