IIM Kozhikode CAT 2021 Cut off for MBA 2022-24 batch has been released at the official website of the institute. The institute has also started the online registration for Stage 1 of the admission process from January 7, 2022. Candidates will have to enter the valid CAT registration number and email Id to become eligible for the Stage 1 shortlisting process. Read More CAT 2021 IIM Selection Process
- CAT 2021 overall and section cut off for GN, NC-OBC/ EWS, SC, ST/PwD is 85, 75, 65, 55 and 75, 65, 55, 45 respectively.
- Candidates scoring above or equal to the qualifying CAT 2021 Cut off will be called for the PI round. Other than qualifying CAT cut off, candidates will have to score the minimum percentage criteria decided by the institute for Class 10 & 12 to get shortlisted.
- Also, only clearing IIM Kozhikode CAT Cut off does not ensure admission to the college. It is one of the shortlisting criteria to select the candidates for PI rounds. After that, the final composite score will be calculated to offer admission to candidates.
IIM Kozhikode CAT 2021 Cut off
Stage 1: Registration of Candidates Meeting the Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates can check the 2022-24 admissions qualifying criteria of CAT, Class 10, and Class 12 in the table below.
- Candidates who have opted for IIM Kozhikode will receive an email for online registration for admissions to IIM Kozhikode only if they fulfill the below mentioned criteria.
- Completing the online registration process is the mandatory step to be considered for Stage 2.
- Candidates must note that is just a registration process and will not confirm any call for the interview.
|Category||CAT Overall percentile||CAT Sectional percentile||SSC/10th percentage||HSC/12Ith percentage|
Stage 2: Shortlisting for Personal Interview (PI)
- Stage 2 process is only applicable to the candidates who have complete the registration based on Stage 1.
- A shortlist of candidates in each category will be prepared based on an Aggregate Index Score (AIS). The weight of each component in the AIS is mentioned below:
|CAT Index Score||45%|| |
|CAT 10th Percentage Score||25%|| |
|CAT 12th Percentage Score||15%|| |
|Gender/Academic Diversity Score||10%|| |
|Work Experience Score||5%|| |
Calculation of 5% scores of Work Experience in CAT
Stage 3: Final Shortlist
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a PI.
- Resume score depends on the quality of academic and professional qualifications.
- After the conclusion of the PI process, the final scores will be as mentioned below:
|CAT Index Score||44%|
|Personal Interview Score||44%|
Resume Evaluation Factors in CAT
- Quality of the Undergraduate Academic Institution
- Professional Qualification (CA/ICWA/CS)
- Professional Certification (CFA – Level 1, 2, 3)
|Factors||Score = 0||Score = 4|
|Quality of the Undergraduate Academic Institution||NIRF 2020 ranking of the educational institution is more than 30||NIRF 2020 ranking of the educational institution is less than or equal to 30|
|Professional Qualification||Not completed CA/ICWA/CS||Completed CA/ICWA/CS|
|Professional Certification||Not completed CFA level 1, 2, or 3||Completed CFA level 1, 2, or 3|
IIM Kozhikode CAT Cut Off 2020
|Category||CAT 2020 percentile||Sectional percentile||SSC/10th percentage||HSC/12Ith percentage|
IIM Kozhikode CAT CAT 2019
IIM Kozhikode Cut Off is the minimum percentile that candidates need to score for getting admission to the various MBA and PGDM programs in the IIMs and other B-schools of the country.
|Category||CAT 2019 score percentile||Sectional percentile||SSC/Xth percentage||HSC/XIIth percentage|
*The percentage of marks obtained in Class X and Class XII would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of all subjects that are there in the mark sheet or grade sheet.
IIM Kozhikode CAT Cut off 2018
Minimum Eligibility Criteria of CAT 2018 Percentile for IIM Kozhikode
|Category||CAT 2018 score percentile||Sectional percentile||SSC/Xth percentage||HSC/XIIth percentage|
IIM Kozhikode CAT Cut off 2017
- CAT Cut off 2017 is the primary selection criterion for admission to the institute.
- Overall cutoff percentile for General category was 90.
- For OBC category candidate, the minimum cutoff percentile was 80.
How to apply for IIM Kozhikode Shortlisting Process?
Following are the steps to apply for shortlist form:
- Log on to the official website of IIM Kozhikode.
- Click on ‘PGP Admission 2021: Stage 1 shortlist’. Candidates who do not find the tab can copy the link: https://iimk.ac.in/academics/pgp/admissionpackage2021/PDFstage1/index.php
- Candidates need to enter CAT registration number, email ID and verification code and then fill in the shortlisting form.
- A three-staged selection procedure is adopted by IIM-K for PGP admissions. The detailed information on all the stages with dates is below:
Minimum Eligibility Criteria & Registration Process
- This criteria will be applied for those candidates who have opted for IIM Kozhikode.
- Candidates should secure positive (greater than zero) raw marks in all the sections of CAT 2019
- The candidates fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria will receive an email for online registrations for admission in IIM-K
- This stage is just a pre-interview registration process and not a call for WAT & PI
- Only after successful online registration candidates will be considered for Stage-2
Courses Offered by IIM-Kozhikode Through CAT
|Post Graduate Programme (PGP)||2 year flagship masters program|
|Post Graduate Programme in Finance (PGP-Finance)||2 year full time masters level program|
|Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies and Management (PGP-LSM)||2 year full time masters level program|
|Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)||1 Year masters program|
How to apply for IIM Kozhikode?
- Candidates who have applied for CAT 2020 are eligible to apply for PGP in IIM Kozhikode.
- During the time of CAT registration students have to select IIM Kozhikode as one of the desired choices, if not then they will not be eligible for admission in this college.
- There is no need to pay any additional fees.
IIM-K PGP Course Fee Structure
- Currently the annual fee for PGP programme is Rs 9,50,000 (likely to be revised for the upcoming batch).
- The fee includes tuition fees, course study material, and lodging.
- Annual fees do not cover the personal expenses of a student.
IIM-K Scholarship Offered
- Scholarship is awarded to the students of the first and second year based on their CGPA.
- IIM-K Need based Scholarship is also awarded to the eligible students.
- Central Sector Scholarship to SC/ST students and Merit-cum-Means Scholarship is also awarded to the students belonging to the minority communities.
- In addition, other scholarships are also offered like NTPC, Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Aditya Birla Group, OPJEMS, Pratibha Scholarship, etc.
IIM-K CAT Reservation Criteria
- IIM-K follows the Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs).
- No change in the category will be entertained after CAT result. The category mentioned during the CAT form registration will be considered final.
IIM-K Admissions Process for Foreign Students
International candidates could be Indian Nationals or Foreign Nationals with a valid passport residing outside India or not in the condition to take CAT. For these candidates criteria for taking admission in IIM-K is different. The candidate should be residing outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as of December 31, 2021. The candidate should also produce a certificate from the embassy of the country in which he is currently residing.
- Undergraduate or higher with a minimum of 3 years course attended at some university with a major.
- 50% marks or equivalent GPA.
- A valid GMAT score (total scaled score of at least 700)
- A completed admission application form + 3 reference/recommendation letters
- Foreigners from Non-English speaking countries TOFEL is compulsory.
- The candidate has to appear for Personal Interview, which is part of the selection procedure.
Application and Fee Structure for International Candidates
International candidates can download the forms from here, Application Form. Complete the application form along with the other documents and bank draft for US $100 in favor of “Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode” .
Candidates should route their application through the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. Shortlisted candidates will be called for PI. The current annual fees for Foreign Candidates US $15000 and could be revised for 2020-2022 batch. The fee includes tuition fees, course study material, boarding, and lodging. It does not include the personal expenses of students.
Executive Post Graduate Program (EPGP) at IIM Kozhikode
EPGP program offered at IIM-K is the best option for working professionals and for executives who want to enhance their skills or strategies so that they can take their organization to new heights.
- IIM-K had adopted EPGP program in the year 2001.
- Participants/students can choose the classroom centers based on their city or workplace.
IIM Ahmedabad v/s IIM Kozhikode Admission Through CAT
The admission criteria and selection procedure of IIM Ahmedabad is a little different from IIM Kozhikode. Some of the major differences in the admission process of IIM A are listed below.
- Students have to fulfill the criteria of minimum cut-offs in the sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive raw score (greater than zero) in all the sections of CAT.
- The application rating “AR” score will be used. AR is the sum of “A, B, C, D” based on the marks obtained in 10th, 12th (depending on the stream), bachelors degree and work experience respectively.
IIM Kozhikode Admission Through CAT FAQs
Ques. What is the sectional and overall cut off required to get shortlisted for IIM Kozhikode admission process?
Ans. The overall and section CAT Cut off required to get shortlisted for IIM Kozhikode admission process is mentioned in the table below:
|Category||CAT percentile||Sectional percentile|
Ques. What is the weightage given to work experience in IIM Kozhikode admission process?
Ans. No, weightage is assigned to work experience in the selection process of IIM Kozhikode. However, the Gender/Academic Diversity Score has a weightage of 10%.
Ques. How final composite scores are calculated to select the candidates for admission in IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. The final composite score is calculated after giving scores to candidates against the following factors:
|CAT Index Score||44%|
|Personal Interview Score||44%|
Ques: Which courses are offered at IIM Kozhikode?
Ans: The following courses are offered at IIM Kozhikode:
- Post Graduate Programme (PGP)
- Post Graduate Programme in Finance (PGP-Finance)
- Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies and Management (PGP-LSM)
- Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)
Ques. Is there Scholarship offered by IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. Scholarship is awarded to the students of the first and second year based on their CGPA. IIM-K Need based Scholarship is also awarded to the eligible students. Central Sector Scholarship to SC/ST students and Merit-cum-Means Scholarship is also awarded to the students belonging to the minority communities. In addition, other scholarships are also offered like NTPC, Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Aditya Birla Group, OPJEMS, Pratibha Scholarship, etc.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.