CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus covers analytical and critical reasoning questions in current news and events. As per the experiences of previous test-takers, the difficulty level of CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning was easy. CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Preparation takes time, as candidates must focus on improving their analytical skills, vocabulary and comprehension. Download CLAT Practise Papers
- CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning section has multiple choice questions revolving around the preceding passage.
- Logical Reasoning has a total weightage of 20% out of 150 questions, i.e. 28-32 questions.
- Candidates are awarded 1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer. Check CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Read the article for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus, Preparation Tips and Books.
CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning consists of short passages of 300-500 words each.
- For each passage, there will be questions following the passages.
- The questions that will be asked will be of multiple-choice objective type.
- Each passage should be completed within 10-20 mins or candidates can lose time for the other sections.
- Logical Reasoning will test the candidate’s ability to infer analogies, logical arguments and draw suitable conclusions.
Important Topics for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning
Below are some important topics that will be asked for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning:
|Blood Relations||Number Series|
|Statements and Assumptions||Logical Sequences|
|Seating Arrangement/Puzzle Test||Arguments & Conclusions|
|Assertions and Reasoning||Puzzles|
|Circular Arrangements||Direct sense|
|Clocks and calendars||Connectives|
CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Paper Analysis
Mentioned below is the analysis of CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning
- CLAT Logical Reasoning Paper 2021 was easy in difficulty level.
- CLAT 2021 Logical Reasoning was found to be more lengthy than the previous years question paper.
- CLAT 2021 Logical Reasoning consisted of a total of six passages and 30 multiple-choice questions.
- The previous question paper had easy questions which were mostly about current everyday issues like COVID-19 pandemic, climate change and more.
Also Check CLAT 2022 Paper Analysis
How to Prepare for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning?
CLAT Logical Reasoning examines your understanding of, critical analysis of, inference from, and identification of arguments. This section has been moderately easy to difficult this year. Few students ound the passages to be excessively lengthy. Understanding the rationale and logic behind each type of question is crucial to providing your best effort on this paper. Read few preparation tips been given below to score well in this section
- Concept clarity instead of mugging up: This section is not theoretical in nature rather it’s analytical. Behind every question, you will have to understand the logic behind it. The questions might be tricky for which you need to have a clear logical mind with which you can address the questions and come up with a solution.
- Practice: There is no way to get away without practice. In CLAT question papers, logical reasoning and quantitative techniques require a lot of practice to make the individual be ready for it. Each question has a logic behind it which needs to be found by the student and solved. With every practice, the section gets easier to solve.
- Tricks: Students should always try to use tricks or shortcuts by which their preparation gets easier. Ways like mnemonics, mindmap, diagrams help in making studying easier and to remember. The tricks help in Syllogisms, blood relations etc. One can make hood use of the internet and study online from youtube or other websites.
- Focus on your strength and weakness: Always start with subjects or topics you find easier and can cover up within a time period. The topics or questions you are confident of will fetch you more marks and then slowly move towards the tougher ones which are your weakness.
- Make it interesting: Logical reasoning gets easier with time and as soon as you get hold of the reasons or logic behind the question it will get easier to solve quickly.
- Solve PYQs and MCQs: Try to solve as many previous year questions as possible. Give mock tests. Passage Reading and solving will help you to infer. Passage reading is time-consuming and with practice you will be able to do it smoothly without investing much time in it.
CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Preparation Books
Given below are some preparatory books for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Section
|Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT and other Law Entrance Exams||Jain Prateek|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|A New Approach to Verbal and Analytical Reasoning||Arihant’s|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Logical Reasoning||R K Gupta and Samiksha Gupta|
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
CLAT 2022 Question Paper for UG admissions will have 150 passage-based multiple-choice questions worth 150 points in total. The candidates will have two hours to complete the paper.
Below is a list of the amount of questions that will be asked in each segment of the exam, as well as their weighting:
|Subjeсts||Nо. оf Questions|
|English Lаnguаge||28-32 questiоns|
|Сurrent Аffаirs, inсluding Generаl Knоwledge||35-39 questiоns|
|Legаl Reаsоning||35-39 questiоns|
|Lоgiсаl Reаsоning||28-32 questiоns|
|Quаntitаtive Teсhniques||13-17 questiоns|
|Total Questions||150 questions|
CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Marking Scheme
Given below is the marking scheme of CLAT 2022 Quantitative Technique section:
|Correct Answer||1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer||- 0.25 marks|
|Unattended Answer||0 marks|
CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus FAQs
Ques: Are there any changes in CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: No, as of now there are no changes declared for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus. Any new changes will be declared with the exam notification.
Ques: Is CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus different from other sections?
Ans: Yes, CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus tests the candidates capacity to handle analytical and critical thinking reasoning. The exam tests how the candidates will be able to use their skills to build up a good critical thinking case.
Ques: How many questions will be asked as part of CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: For CLAT 2021, 30 questions were asked as part of the logical reasoning section. CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus is expected to have 28 to 32 questions. Logical reasoning used to have 40 questions before the CLAT 2020 revised exams.
Ques: What questions are asked as part of CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: Candidates are asked comprehension based questions as multiple choice question types. Candidates must read the mentioned passage carefully and answer the questions provided accordingly.
How long should I work for CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: Candidates should start working on their CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus well in advance. A minimum of 10 months is required to start building up the candidates analytical skills and critical thinking required for the exam.
Ques: How is CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus can be time-consuming as the candidates will be required to think critically and provide valuable reasoning. CLAT 2021 Logical Reasoning questions were considered as easy by the test-takers.
Ques: How can I score well in CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: Candidates can score well by preparing well in advance. The candidates should build up their natural reasoning and analytical skills by reading puzzles and more CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Preparation Books.
Ques: How many passages are there in CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: CLAT 2021 saw 6 passages in the logical reasoning section. Candidates can expect as many passages for the CLAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Syllabus.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.