CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparations should begin with basic mathematics. CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Syllabus derives from class 10 basic mathematics with topics like basic algebra, statistics, and more. Download CLAT Question Papers
Based on the previous year’s CLAT Exam Analysis, test-takers considered the exam as easy but requires a lot of practice and p
reparation. Candidates are advised to go through the official CLAT 2022 Exam notification for any new changes to the syllabus.
Read more for details on preparing and important topics on CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques.
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparation Tips
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques consists of pictorials, graphs, numerical data representation and more basic mathematics. Most Quantitative Techniques preparations deal with recollecting the basic mathematics taught in class 10. The section will have 13-17 questions. Candidates must clearly understand the formulas and concepts when appearing for CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques.
Here are few pieces of advice which the students will find useful while studying for CLAT:
- Read More & Solve: Candidates should read and practice the subject by solving some basic mathematical equations. Candidates should refer to some Quantitative Techniques Study Materials.
- Revisions: Candidates should make sure they cover all topics equally while doing their revisions.
- Focus: Candidates should make sure that they focus when attempting the questions in the exam. In this section, careless mistakes can cost the candidates overall score, as CLAT 2022 will have negative marking.
- Time Management: Candidates should first attempt the questions they are sure about and work on the rest next. Time management is essential for the exam as previous CLAT exams have been time-consuming, so candidates should make sure they practise accordingly.
- Speed and Accuracy: Candidates must make sure that they attempt the question at a good speed while being accurate with their answers
- Practise Papers and Mock Tests: Candidates should try to attempt as many mock tests and practise papers as possible. It helps the candidates familiarise themselves with the section patterns and helps the candidates with scoring better marks.
Also Check CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Study Material
Securing good scores for CLAT 2022 will require the candidates to have an appropriate study material. Good preparation books are important when candidates are appearing for the exam.
When choosing their CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques study materials, candidates should make sure that they cover the relevant topics and subjects.
Candidates should make sure that their CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques has been updated and provides adequate intel for appearing for CLAT 2022.
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparation Books
Mentioned below are some important books which candidates can refer to when preparing for CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques section.
|Book Name||Author Name||ISBN Number|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R S Aggarwal||8121924987|
|Magical Book On Quicker Maths||Tyra||8190458922|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha||9351343553|
|Fаst Trасk Оbjeсtive Аrithmetiс||Rajesh Verma||9789312149836|
|30 Dаys Wоnder fоr Mаths||S Сhаnd||978-9352837557|
|Quаntitаtive Арtitude fоr Соmрetitive Exаminаtiоns||Рeаrsоn’s||978-1391763644|
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Practice Papers
When preparing for CLAT 2022 solving sample papers is an excellent strategy. It provides the candidates with an insight into what kind of questions are asked in the examination. The practice papers also help candidates know and work on their strengths and limitations. CLAT Exam Candidates should go through CLAT Sample Papers and try and solve them within the stipulated time as part of the practice.
Given below are some CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques practise papers:
Check CLAT Practise Papers
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Online Preparation
The study material for CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques can be found online on many websites. Candidates can refer to google for many mock tests that will provide them with the learning experience they will require. Many websites offer section-wise questions to candidates to help them with the preparations for CLAT 2022.
Given below are some major websites offering online study preparations:
|Byju’s||A consortium of NLUs Official Website|
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Syllabus
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques section is mainly based on the fundamental concept of mathematics with the 10th standard difficulty level. CLAT Exam was revised, however, no changes were made to the syllabus, which still largely consists of objective-type questions related to basic algebra, ratios & proportions, statistics and more.
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Important Topics
Mentioned below are some important topics that must be covered before appearing for CLAT 2022:
|Mixed Grарhs||Tаble Сhаrt|
|Line Grарh||Bаr Grарh|
|Рie Сhаrt||Саselet DI (Раssаge Bаsed)|
|Elementary Mаthemаtiсs||Number System|
|Roots||Decimal and Fractions|
|Surds and Indices||Average|
|HCF & LCM||Ratio & Proportion|
|Profit & Loss|
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Practice Question
Sang-Saath Bank’s employees’ picnic on a river island turned into a disaster as the newly constructed road bridge connecting the island to the riverbank collapsed. Evacuation operations had to be carried out by ferrying the employees from the island across the river and onto the riverbank. One-sixth of the employees were evacuated by villagers in a country boat. Of the remaining, one-fifth were evacuated by fishermen in a trawler. The remaining evacuees were joined by villagers who were helping with the evacuation. Finally, 8 motorboats with 8 people each left the island.
- If half of the motorboats had one villager each and the other half had 2 each, what was the ratio of villagers to employees in the motorboats?
Rationale: The correct answer is (2). Number of people that left on the 8 motor boats = 8 * 8 = 64 (i) Half of 8 boats had 1 villager each = ½ * 8 * 1 = 4 … (ii) Half of 8 boats had 2 villagers each = ½ * 8 * 2 = 8 … (iii) Therefore, total number of villagers = y = (ii) + (iii) = 4 + 8 = 12 (iv) Therefore, total number of employees in the 8 motor boats = (i) + (iv) = 64 – 12 = 52 (v) Therefore, ratio of villagers to employees in the 8 motor boats = (iv) : (v) = 12:52 = 3:13
- How many employees were evacuated in the trawler?
Rationale: Number of employees evacuated by the country boat = x/6 (vi) Remaining employees after country boat evacuation = x – x/6 = 5x/6 (vii) Number of employees evacuated by the trawler = 1/5 * 5x/6 = x/6 (viii) [Note: See Rationale for 1.1 for calculated data] From (v) in Rationale for 1.1, we know that the number of employees evacuated by the 8 motor boats = 52.
Therefore, 52 = Remaining employees after country boat evacuation - Number of employees evacuated by the trawler, i.e. (vii) – (viii) = 5x/6 – x/6 = 4x/6 = 2x/3 Therefore, x = 52 * 3/2 = 78 = Total number of employees Therefore, the number of employees evacuated by the trawler = 78/6 = 13
- If there were 4 villagers in the country boat, and 6 fishermen in the trawler, and if an equal number of people travelled in each trip; i.e. country boat, trawler, and motorboats, how many people travelled on each trip?
Rationale: Total number of employees = 78 [Note: See Rationale for 1.2] Villagers and fishermen in the country boat and trawler = 4 + 6 = 10 Number of villagers in the 8 motor boats = 12 [Note: See (iv) of Rationale for 1.1] Total number of people that travelled = 78 + 12 + 10 = 100 Number of trips = 1 (country boat) + 1 (trawler) + 8 boats = 10 Average number of people travelled by the country boat, trawler and the last 8 boats = 100/10 = 10
- After they reached the shore, 1/3 of the employees took a taxi, half of them took a bus and the remainder took the train. The cost of hiring a 4-seater taxi was Rs.500, the cost of hiring a bus was Rs.5000 and each train ticket was priced at Rs.75. The taxis took a maximum of four passengers each. If the total expenditure on the different modes of transport was Rs.9,475, how many taxis were hired?
Rationale: Total number of employees = 78 [Note: See Rationale for 1.2] Number of employees that took a taxi = 1/3 * 78 = 26 Since each taxi is only a 4-seater, the number of taxis needed = 26/4 = 6 1/2 Therefore, number of taxis hired = 7
- The total number of employees in Sang-Saath Bank is 4.5 times the number that went on the picnic. The Securities department of the bank consists of 4/9 of the total number of employees. The percentage of Sang-Saath Bank’s employees in the Securities department is:
- Between 45% - 50% of the total number of employees in the bank
- Between 40% - 45% of the total number of employees in the bank
- More than 50% of the total number of employees in the bank
- Less than 40% of the total number of employees in the bank
Rationale: Total number of employees evacuated = 78 [Note: See Rationale for 1.2] Total number of employees in the bank = 4.5 * 78 = 351 Number of employees in securities = 4/9 * 351 = 156 Percentage of people in Securities = 156/351 * 100 = 44.44%
Check CLAT Mock Tests
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparations FAQs
Ques: What type of questions should I study as CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparations?
Ans: Aspirants should mainly study basic mathematical concepts. Some topics include basic class 10 maths, algebra, statistics, fractions and more.
Ques: Is CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques hard?
Ans: The subject is relatively easy. Some previous test takers have said that the section is more straightforward and can be done well.
Ques: Is CLAT maths difficult?
Ans: CLAT maths is derived from the class 10 syllabus and has the same difficulty level. CLAT Maths is easy for candidates who know the basic level of the subject and can solve problems simply.
Ques: How long should I revise as part of CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparation?
Ans: Candidates should prepare at least six months in advance. Candidates can start revising at least 1 month before CLAT Exam dates.
Ques: Is coaching important for CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparation?
Ans: No, Candidates need not have to go to coaching classes for preparation for CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques. The candidates should try to recollect important information from their mathematics basics.
Ques: How many hours should I study as part of CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparation?
Ans: Candidates should work at least 4-6 hours a day as part of their CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Preparation. CLAT Preparations should start well enough before the exam so the candidates have enough time to complete their subjects.
Ques: Can I write the CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques with 1 month of preparation?
Ans: One month is very little time to make all the preparations necessary for the exam. Candidates should work on the exam well in advance so that they can score good marks.
Ques: How is the marking scheme for CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques?
Ans: For each correct answer in CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques candidates are awarded 1 mark. 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer and 0 marks are deducted for unanswered questions.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.