CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 are specified by NTA for candidates seeking admission to top AICTE affiliated colleges across India. Check CMAT Score Accepting Colleges
- Candidates belonging to the general category must hold a 3 years bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall aggregate of 50%.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories need a minimum of 45% marks in their university degree. Individuals from all age groups (21-50+) can apply for CMAT 2022.
- CMAT 2022 Application process is expected to begin in the first week of December 2021.
- CMAT is a three-hour computer-based test conducted to evaluate a candidate’s ability in Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. Check CMAT Syllabus 2022
- It comprises 100 questions segregated into 4 sections. CMAT 2022 will consist of the new optional section on Innovation & Entrepreneurship that was introduced in last year’s exam. Read CMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Common Management Aptitude Test is a post-graduate level entrance exam for individuals who wish to gain admission into management programs and executive-level courses. Clearing CMAT eligibility offers candidates the opportunity to attain access to many highly prestigious PGCM, MBA, PGDM, and Executive PGDM programs.
- Applicants from all streams i.e. Arts, Commerce, Science can appear for the examination. It is mandatory that one has a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum duration of 3 years to be eligible.
- Students who have recently obtained their undergraduate degrees from university can apply alongside those with multiple years of work experience. Any candidate who is applying for CMAT 2022 must be an Indian resident.
- Those who would like to appear for the examination prior to leaving university, they can do so under the contingency that their results are declared before the 2021-2022 academic year commences. It is also vital that such applicants provide the correct official documents that prove that they fulfill the academic requirements.
CMAT Eligibility 2022 Highlights
|Educational Qualification|| |
|Minimum Marks|| |
For General Category: 50%
For SC/ ST/ PwD Category: 45%
|Age Limit||No age limit|
|CMAT Eligible Colleges||1000+|
- Top Colleges in Maharashtra accepting CMAT Scores
- CMAT vs. MAT vs. CAT – A Comparative Analysis
- CMAT Previous Year Question Papers
CMAT 2022 General Eligibility Criteria
- Academic Requirement: Applicants must hold a graduation degree in any discipline. Those pursuing their graduation are also eligible to apply. minimum 50% marks are required from General category candidates whereas relaxation of 5% is granted to reserved category applicants. CS/CA/ICWA or any other professional degree holders with a minimum requisite percentage are also eligible for CMAT 2022 according to the updated eligibility criteria.
- Nationality: Candidates have to essentially be Indian citizens, holding valid ID proofs.
- Age Limit: With the latest CMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria, the maximum age limit to appear for the examination has been scrapped.
CMAT 2022 Course-Wise Eligibility Criteria
CMAT eligibility criteria for admission to the PGDM/MBA, PGCM, and Executive PGDM programs will be as per the requirements defined by the individual University/Institution. The program-wise eligibility criteria for CMAT 2022 are listed below:
|Name of the Programme||Eligibility Details|
|MBA, PGDM, etc.|| |
|Executive PGDM|| |
|Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM)|| |
Who is Not Eligible for CMAT 2022?
Candidates who are willing to appear for CMAT 2022 need to fulfill the above mention eligibility criteria. Candidates who do fail to do so cannot apply for the examination. Below mentioned are the conditions under which aspirants are not eligible to apply for CMAT 2022:
- Candidates who are not currently pursuing or have not completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- Aspirants who do not possess CS/CA/ICWA or any other professional degree.
- Candidates who belong to the General category and have a percentage score of less than 50%
- Candidates who belong to the SC/ST/PwD category and have a percentage score of less than 45%
- Possess a graduation degree which is not AICTE/UGC/Government of India recognized
CMAT Reservation Criteria 2022
For admission to CMAT participating institutes, the candidate must see the reservation policy applicable in that particular institute. These reservation percentages are applicable to colleges and institutes that fall under the dominion of the Government of India. Private entities may hold different rules and regulations for reserved candidates.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|PwD (each category)||5%|
Other Backward Classes
(OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website ncbc.nic. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose the General category.
Persons with disabilities (PwD)
It means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with a disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified Disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Categories of Disabilities:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specified learning disability, and mental illness
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
CMAT Eligibility for Scribe/Reader
Candidates who possess disabilities that fall under the blindness, locomotor disability, or cerebral palsy category can avail the facilities of a reader/assistant/scribe to aid them in completing CMAT 2022 exam. Applicants who require such aids must submit a request to the CMAT 2022 exam center superintendent. The request should include their requirements for a scribe/reader, as well as an official certificate issued by a mandated medical officer dated prior to January 21, 2022.
- The scribe/reader that will be provided by the superintendent will be a least academically one year junior to the candidate. This will limit the possibility of bias and fraud in the examination.
- Candidates must acquaint themselves with their scribe/reader a day before the examination so that they can validate their suitability and create a general rapport.
- Test-takers who avail of the services of a scribe will be allotted 60 minutes extra to complete their examination.
Documents Required for CMAT 2022 Reservation
For seeking the benefits of CMAT 2022 Reservation under Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), the girl child category, and Defence Persons category, the candidate must submit the required certificates and documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Dependent Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proformas etc., whichever applicable, according to the guidelines of the particular college/ institute.
Without sufficient documentary proof, no candidate will be given any benefits of reservation of seats.
Once the category is indicated by the candidate at the time of submitting CMAT Application form, along with documentary proof, it will not be changed afterward in any case. Hence, the candidate must read and understand the conditions of reservation of seats carefully before applying.
Frequently Asked Questions
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022 FAQs
Ques. What are the eligibility conditions for a scribe/reader defined by AICTE?
Ans. The candidate must fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for a scribe:
- It is not a family member or friend.
- Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
- Has not completed 19 years of age as of January 20, 2022.
- Educational qualification must be lower than that of the CMAT applicant.
Note: The age certificate/DOB certificate of Scribe has to be presented at the CMAT Test Center.
Ques. Can I appear for CMAT just for practice, though I am aware that I am not eligible for the exam?
Ans. No. Only candidates who meet CMAT eligibility criteria can appear for the test.
Ques. Who is eligible to take the test under the PwD category?
Ans. Candidates suffering from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority, will be considered under the PwD category. Following are the categories defined by AICTE for PWD candidates:
- Visually impaired
- Physically handicapped
- Hearing Impairment
Ques. If I have completed my graduation through part-time or distance learning mode, am I eligible to appear for CMAT exam?
Ans. Yes; as long as several statutory bodies approve it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.