National Testing Agency (NTA) will release CMAT Merit List 2021 on the official website soon as CMAT Results have been announced on April 9, 2021. Candidates can access CMAT merit list and scorecards through the official website nta.ac.in. All applicants find a place in the Merit List irrespective of their scores. CMAT Selection process 2021 will commence soon after the release of the merit list. Check CMAT Selection Procedure 2021
As per the standard procedure, the candidate’s AIR is also mentioned on the CMAT Merit List along with his final score and overall percentile. Candidates must note that CMAT Score is valid for one academic year only. Check CMAT Score vs Percentile.
CMAT Latest Updates
- May 14: Christ University, Bangalore has started inviting applications for admission. Check here
- May 14: May 22, 2021, is the last date to apply for admission to PGDM/MBA courses at ITM, Navi Mumbai. Check here
- May 13: Last date to apply for admission at IPE Hyderabad is May 31, 2021. Check here
- April 21: NTA will not conduct a centralized selection process for CMAT 2021. Read more
- April 10: CMAT Final Answer Key has been released by NTA. Check here
- April 7: ITM Business School has started inviting applications for MBA/PGDM courses. Check here
Note: Candidates will be able to access the merit list in pdf format on all browsers i.e. Chrome, Mozilla, etc. once it is uploaded on the official website.
Prestigious Colleges like JBIMS, SIMSREE, KJ Somaiya, and PUMBA will accept CMAT 2021 scores for their managerial programs. Although the overall CMAT scores have stagnated over the last couple of years, the cutoffs of these institutions have increased tremendously. Check CMAT 2021 Participating Colleges
CMAT 2021 Merit List Dates
|CMAT 2021||March 31, 2021|
|Release of CMAT Answer Key 2021||April 4, 2021|
|CMAT 2021 Result||April 9, 2021|
|Release of CMAT Merit List 2021||April 2021(tentative)|
How to Check CMAT 2021 Merit List?
National Testing Agency will release CMAT merit list tentatively in April 2021. Follow the given below steps to check CMAT merit list:
- Visit the official website of NTA, nta.ac.in
- Click on Management Exams and then select CMAT.
- Check for the link for CMAT Merit List.
- The list will open in pdf format, press Ctrl + F, and type your name to check your merit rank.
Or you can also visit CMAT official domain of NTA directly:
- Visit the Official website cmat.nta.ac.in
- Navigate to “CMAT merit list 2021”
- It will be displayed in PDF format search for your name in it
- Search for your name in it, verify the roll number, and check your rank
Details Mentioned in CMAT Merit List
- Candidate Name
- Candidate CMAT Roll Number
- CMAT All India Rank
- Section-wise and Overall Scores
- Section-wise and Overall Percentile
- Criteria for determining CMAT merit rank and percentile score
CMAT 2021 Merit List
CMAT Merit List 2021 is expected to be published soon as CMAT Result has already been declared on April 9. The direct link to check CMAT 2021 Merit list will be made available on this site as soon as the list is released officially.
CMAT 2020 Merit List
In CMAT 2020, 1 applicant scored 100 percentile. Candidates can check the CMAT score analysis of 2020 toppers to get an idea. Check the top 6 toppers of CMAT 2020 as per the merit list from the table given below:
|AIR||Name||QTDI||LR||LC||GA||Total Score out of 400||Overall Percentile|
|6||Kalisetty Udaya Sandhya Lakshmi Devi||86||90||85||77||338||99.99|
- Where: QTDI stands for Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- LR is Logical Reasoning
- LC is Language Comprehension and
- GA is General Awareness
How is CMAT Merit List Prepared?
CMAT 2021 Merit List allows rank to the candidates as per the marks obtained by them in the CMAT 2021. More the marks obtained by the candidate; the better will be the rank.
- The percentile score is calculated using the following formula:
Percentile P = ((N - Rank of the candidate)/ N) x 100
(Where P is percentile and N is the total number of candidates who appeared for the exam)
- The Scores obtained have been calculated by assigning:
- +4 marks for the correct answer
- -1 mark for an incorrect answer
- 0 mark for no answer
CMAT 2021 Tiebreaker Criteria
In case, two or more candidates obtain the same marks, then CMAT 2021 has a tiebreaker criterion to decide which candidate has higher merit or rank. If two or more candidates get the same overall marks, then their sectional CMAT score will be taken into consideration, which is the tiebreaker. To imply tiebreaker criteria includes:
- The order of preference given to sections is:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation > Logical Reasoning > Language Comprehension > General Awareness.
At first, the scores in the section of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation will be compared. Candidate with more marks in this section will be given preference
- If the marks in the section of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation are equal, then the candidate scoring more in the logical reasoning section will be preferred over other the candidate.
- If the logical reasoning section marks are equal, then the scores of the language comprehension section will be compared. Candidates with more marks in this section will be given preference.
- Again if marks of candidates in the section of language comprehension are also the same, then marks in the general awareness section will be compared. Candidates with more marks in this section will be given preference.
- Lastly, candidates that have lesser negative marks and are older in age will be given preference.
- If still, they score equal marks, then the rank is defined as per their names arranged in alphabetical order.
CMAT Score vs Percentile
CMAT 2021 Score vs Percentile will be available soon after the declaration of CMAT Merit List 2021. Find below CMAT Score vs Percentile analysis for 2020 for your reference:
|CMAT 2020 Percentile||CMAT Score out of 400|
|95 – 99.90||251 – 341|
|90 – 94.99||232 – 250|
|85 – 89.99||216 – 230|
|80 – 84.99||204 – 215|
|75 – 79.99||192 – 203|
|70 – 74.99||180 – 191|
|60 – 69.99||160 – 179|
CMAT 2021 Selection Process
After the CMAT 2021 Merit List is declared, the candidates who have scored above the qualifying marks will be called for CMAT Counselling. They will be selected based on the marks scored by them in the entrance exam, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview and/or Written Ability Test.
- After the students are shortlisted on the basis of their CMAT 2021 scores, a merit list will be prepared.
- Qualified candidates are required to visit the respective institutes for which they have applied for final selection.
- Multiple rounds of selection are held at the campus of the concerned institute.
CMAT 2021 Selection Procedure involves the following 4 steps:
- CMAT 2021 Score
- Group Discussion (GD): candidates are segregated into groups of 10 or so and are given an important topic to discuss for a maximum duration of 10 minutes. Candidates receive points on skills such as initiation skills, negotiation skills, managerial skills, encouragement skills, and closure skills. Topics can be extremely diverse and can range from politics, economics, and sports to social issues.
- Written Ability Test: candidates are asked to write an essay on a given topic. This is done to analyze the candidate’s communication and analytical skills, vocabulary and grammar, awareness, etc.
- Personal Interview: this is usually the last round of selection. Candidates have to appear before a panel of experts/faculty members who try to assess the candidate based on their academic background and other details mentioned in their resume such as hobbies, interests, work experience, etc. The round is conducted to analyze the candidate’s personality, attitude, suitability to the institution, etc.
Based on the performance of a candidate in the various rounds of GD, PI, and WAT, the final list of students that are selected will be prepared.
State-wise Top CMAT Score Accepting Colleges
Candidates can see the list and details of the top Institutions in a particular state accepting CMAT 2021 score by clicking on the respective links given below:
CMAT Merit List 2021 FAQs
Ques. Does Nirma Institute of Management accept CMAT?
Ans. Nirma will not accept the CMAT 2021 score. The only score Nirma Institute of Management accepts is the CAT score for both Indian residents and NRI students. It also accepts GMAT scores for foreign students/PIOs who hold foreign passports and individuals from the gulf and Southeast Asian countries.
Ques. Does FMS Delhi accept CMAT score?
Ans. No, FMS Delhi does not accept the CMAT score. It only allows candidates to apply with a CAT Score and GMAT Score (if the applicant falls under the NRI Category).
Ques. Are candidates supposed to bring their own calculators to the CMAT Exam?
Ans. No, candidates are not allowed in the CMAT exam. Candidates are not allowed to bring any external objects into the exam hall. Candidates with diabetes are allowed to carry edible such as sugar tablets/fruits and a transparent water bottle. Packed food is not allowed inside the exam hall.
Ques. How many times is the CMAT conducted in a year?
Ans. From the academic year 2021-2022 onwards, the CMAT exam will be conducted only once a year in January. CMAT 2021 was conducted on April 9, 2020.
Ques. What are the best books to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CMAT 2021?
Ans. The following includes some of the best material to prepare for Logical Reasoning:
- A modern approach to logical reasoning by RS Agarwal
- How to prepare for logical reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha
To find out more, Check CMAT Exam Pattern
Ques. How many shifts will CMAT 2021 be conducted in?
Ans. CMAT 2021 was conducted in two main shifts, once in the morning and again in the afternoon. The morning shift will commence exactly at 9:30 am, while the latter will start at 2:30. Candidates should be aware that they have to reach the exam hall at least 90 minutes prior to the onset of the exam.
Ques. How do I challenge the CMAT 2021 answer key?
Ans. If the answer key is challenged and more than one answer is found to be correct, then whoever has selected one of the correct options will receive 4 marks. If you have selected an incorrect answer, then the answer will receive a one minus mark. Questions that remain unanswered once the exam has been collected will not be marked.
If a question is ignored or dropped, all candidates will be granted 4 marks, regardless of whether they have attempted the question or not.
Ques. What documents do I need to provide to get a reservation?
Ans. For seeking the benefits of CMAT Reservation under Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), the girl child category, or the Defence person category, the candidate must submit the required certificates and documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Dependent Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proformas etc. (whichever is applicable according to the guidelines of the particular college/institute)
Ques. Will a common cutoff be released after CMAT 2021?
Ans. CMAT score will be accepted by all AICTE approved institutions/affiliated colleges. There is no centralized cut-off since every institution/college will release its own lists. Candidates should set their cutoff expectations according to the college/course that they wish to enter.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.