Dayanand Sagar Admission Test or DSAT is a university level entrance exam organized by Dayanand Sagar University (DSU). It is held for admission to various UG and PG programs in DSU. DSAT 2021 Exam Dates will be announced soon. DSAT 2021 will be held in both online/offline mode. Click here to Read More.
- The minimum eligibility for UG courses is 10+2 exam or any equivalent exam. Check DSAT Eligibility
- Registration Fee payable is Rs. 1,000/- for all the interested candidates. It is non-refundable.
- The type of questions asked in the examination is of Objective based multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. Check DSAT Exam Pattern
DSAT 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Dayanand Sagar University (DSU), Bangalore|
|Mode of Exam||Both Online/Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective based multiple-choice questions|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Pharm, MBA, B.Design|
|Number of Seats||Varies for different courses|
DSAT 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check DSAT 2021 Exam Dates are discussed below-
|DSAT 2021 Application begins||to be notified|
|Last Date for applying|| |
3 days prior to each examination date
|DSAT 2021 Exam Dates||to be notified|
|DSAT 2021 Result||TBD 2021|
DSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility for UG courses for DSAT 2021 examination is 10+2 exam or any equivalent exam. The eligibility for all the courses offered by DSU are listed below.
For Undergraduate Courses
- For B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):
- Aspirants should have passed two-year PUC examination or any equivalent examination of an approved Board or University.
- Applicants should have at least 40% in either of these combinations: PCM, PCB, PCMB, PC & Computer Science or PC & Electronics.
- For B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology):
- Aspirants should have passed in PUC/CBSE/ICSE/10+2 from any recognized Board or University/Any equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum marks required for the qualifying examination is 45% for General and OBC category applicants. For SC/ST, at least 40% of marks are required in Physics, Mathematics or any one of the subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Electronics, English.
For Post-Graduation Courses
- For M.Tech (Master of Technology):
- A degree in BE/B.Tech with at least 50% of marks in aggregate in the applied choice of field.
- MBA: Master of Business Administration
- Pass in a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration recognized by this University or who have passes any other examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto
- The candidates shall have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST & OBC category) of all the years of the degree examinations
DSAT 2021 Application Form
Applicants who wish to apply can submit their DSAT 2021 Application Forms in both online and offline modes. The registrations will close 3 days prior to each examination date.
For Online Application Process
- Visit official website of DSAT 2021.
- Register with a valid email address and mobile number
- Click on “Fill Online Application Form”
- Fill in all the required credentials.
- Upload photograph and signature in jpg format
- Process the payment of application fee using the online method
- After successful payment, the applicants can download the filled application form.
- Take a print for future reference.
For Offline Application Proces
Aspirants who want to process their applications in offline mode can visit the official website and download the application form.
- Applicants are required to follow the online process as mentioned above and take a print out of the form.
- Application form print should be submitted along with the fees at the University.
DSAT 2021 Aspirants should note that the application forms should be filled in the given time only.
DSAT 2021 Application Fee
Applicants can pay the fees online through the official website. For the offline application process, application fee payment should be done at the fee counter at the University.
Here are the instructions to process the application fee online:
- Applicants should visit the official website.
- Click on “Payment” on the right-hand side
- Click on the link “Proceed to Online Payment”
- HDFC Bank portal will be opened in a new tab
- Select Fees, State as Karnataka and City as Bangalore
- Select Dayanand Sagar University from the Type of Institution.
- Click Pay online and the page will navigate to enter details
- Enter your Application number
- Add in your credit/debit card details and process the payment.
DSAT 2021 Exam Centers
DSAT 2021 Exam will be carried out in 82 cities of 20 states. Applicants are required to fill in their choice of exam center at the time of application.
The list of exam centers and cities is listed below:
|S. No||Center||S. No||Center|
|15||Chennai KC||56||Navi Mumbai|
|39||Kanpur SS||80||Udaipur MMB|
DSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
A brief idea of DSAT Exam Pattern and type of question asked in the examination is important. Aspirants should study the pattern to map out their study for DSAT 2021.
- Exam will be conducted in various slots in the month of April and May.
- Language for answering is English only.
- Exam will be conducted in both online/offline mode.
- There will be 100 questions to be attempted in 2 hours duration.
- Questions will be objective based multiple-choice questions.
DSAT 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline|
|Number of Questions||75|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
DSAT 2021 Syllabus
DSAT 2021 Syllabus is based on the 10+1 and 10+2 examination syllabus. The questions paper is objective based with 100 marks. The course based syllabus for DSAT 2021 is mentioned below:
|For B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy):||Class 10+1 &10+2 Science Syllabus with Chemistry as a compulsory subject|
|For B.Tech (Bachelor OF Technology):||Class 10+1 &10+2 with PCM|
Recommended Books for DSAT 2021
We have compiled some of the DSAT Books for all the aspirants of DSAT. These books will help understand the test pattern of DSAT 2021 and improve your preparation level. DSU (Dayanand Sagar University) also releases official mock tests, near to the DSAT 2021 Exam Date.
To be better equipped for the tests that the year will bring — read a textbook. To prepare for the tests that life will bring — read a book.”
|Name of the Book||Author||ISBN No.|
|AIIMS - Major Online Test Series- 2018||Career Point Kota||CD-ROM|
|Class Notes For 12th PCB (Set of 9 Volumes)||Career Point Kota|
|The Perfect Study Resource for - Jamia Millia Islamia BBS/B.COM/BACA/BA(Hons)/BA(Economics) Entrances 2018||Pallavi TS, Atul, R K Behl, Diwakar Sharma||9352511603|
|AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) B.A. (Bachelor 0f Arts) with solved papers 2016||Arihant Experts||9311123218|
|All India Engineering Entrance Exam - B.E./B.Tech||H.P.Sharma, Yash Srivastava, N.K.Singh||9350132273|
DSAT 2021 Result
DSAT 2021 Result is expected to be declared in the first week of June 2021. The result will specify marks secured by the candidates. Merit rank and cut off list will be published on the website few days after result.
Steps to download the DSAT 2021 Result:
- Visit the homepage of the official website
- Click on “ DSAT 2021 Result”
- Enter your application number
- Download and take a printout of the result.
DSAT 2021 Merit List
Dayanand Sagar University will release the Merit list course wise. The merit list will be published on the official website hence candidates are required to check the merit list online.
DSAT 2021 Cut Off
After the release of result, the cut off list will be published on the official website. The cut off list will be published on the basis of course and category. Cut off marks will help determine their rank for the process of admission.
DSAT 2021 Seat Intake
The seat matrix for DSAT 2021 on the basis, of course, is tabulated below:
|B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering||150|
|B.Tech - Electronics & Communication Engg.||60|
|B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering||45|
|B.Tech - Computer Science & Technology||26|
|B.Tech - Aerospace Engineering||26|
|M.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering Specialisation: Big Data/Internet of Things||18|
|M.Tech - Computer Science & Information Technology Specialisation: Cloud Computing||18|
|M.Tech - Electronics & Communication Specialisation:Embedded System||18|
|M.Tech - Mechanical Engineering Specialisation: Design Engg||18|
|MBA: Master of Business Administration||120|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.