GATE Registration 2022 is expected to start tentatively by the 2nd week of September 2021. Eligible candidates will be able to complete GATE registrations online by registering at GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) portal. As per the last year’s relaxed eligibility, candidates currently in the 3rd year of their Bachelor degree are also eligible for GATE registration along with candidates who have completed their graduation. Check GATE Eligibility Criteria
GATE 2022 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur for admission to postgraduate programs at top IITs and NITs in India. To access GATE Application Form 2022, candidates are required to pay a registration fee of INR 1500 online. Candidates must upload their scanned passport size photo, signature, and other required documents in prescribed specifications during the registration process. Check GATE Photo Size and Signature Upload Guidelines
- April 22: NIT Delhi to start GATE CCMT Counselling 2021 registrations soon. Check Details
- Mar 25: GATE COAP Counselling 2021 registration started for M.Tech admission to IITs. Register Here
- Mar 20: IIT Bombay has released paper-wise qualifying GATE Cutoff 2021 for all 27 papers. Check GATE Cutoff 2021
- Mar 19: GATE Result 2021 released. Out of the total 7,11,542 candidates who appeared for the exam, 17.82% have qualified. Check GATE Result 2021
GATE Registration 2022: Dates
|GATE 2022 Notification Release||3rd week of July 2021|
|GATE 2022 Application Form Release||2nd week of September 2021|
|Last Day to Fill GATE 2022 Application Form||1st week of November 2021|
|GATE 2022 Form Correction||2nd to 3rd week of November 2022|
|GATE 2022 Admit Card Release||2nd week of January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam Dates||1st to 2nd week of February 2022|
Check GATE Exam Dates 2022
GATE Registration 2022: Application Process
For the ease of aspirants, the exam authority releases a guide for successful submission of GATE Application Form. The process of applying for GATE 2022 comprises of the following steps-
- GATE Registration – Register as “New User” and proceed as mentioned in the guide. After successful registration, you will get access to GOAPS with the credentials you entered.
- Fill GATE Application Form 2022 – Login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password and start filling the application form which include details such as educational qualification, personal details, etc.
- Upload Required Documents – Upload Image, Signature, Eligibility Certificate, SC/ST Certificate and PwD Certificate as per the given specifications.
- Payment of GATE Application Fees – Payment can be done through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Complete Declaration – Before submitting the application form, a candidate must read and accept the declaration statement without that you will not be able to submit the application form.
Step 1: GATE Registration
To fill the online GATE Registration 2022, candidates have to register themselves first. New candidates can register themselves by entering their full name and other details in the form given below.
- Enter your Personal Details like Name of the Candidate, Email Address, Country of Residence, Mobile Number
- Create your Password – It should be unique and 8-15 characters long.
- Enter the Captcha and click on ‘Submit. ‘
- If all the details are correct, an SMS and an email will be sent to your mobile number and email address respectively.
- Enter details like a valid email address, mobile number and create a GOAPS password.
- GOAPS password must be unique. Avoid using Date of Birth, your name or some numbers (12345) or string of letters (abcd), etc.
- All communication will be done through the registered mobile number and email id.
- In the case of foreign students, all the communication will be done through the email id.
GOAPS Enrollment ID: After successful registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent. This ID will be used for submitting GATE Registration 2022 2022, downloading GATE Admit Card and for the purpose of checking results and downloading the scorecard.
NOTE: Only one application form can be filled through one email id
Step 2: Filling of GATE Application Form 2022
- Enter the Enrollment ID and Password to proceed with the GATE Registration 2022 filling process. Go through GATE 2022 Information Brochure and read all the given instructions. There are 4 subsections under stage 2 of How to Apply for GATE 2022. The detailed process is explained below-
- GATE Exam Details: Select the GATE 2022 Paper you wish to appear in. Select your examination country and subsequently pick 3 choices of GATE 2022 Exam Centers.
- While selecting the exam cities, the first two choices must be of the same GATE Zone and the third one can be from any sector.
- Applicant’s Personal Details: Don’t forget to Verify Email Address and Mobile Number. On clicking the Verify Button, an OTP is sent to the registered email id and mobile number. Enter your personal details like Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Category etc.
- Correspondence Address: Add your Correspondence Address for future correspondence. The following image highlights the required details:
- Qualifying Degree Details: You are required to fill the details of your qualifying degree i.e. Name and discipline of the Qualifying degree, Name of college/ university, Passing year, etc.
Step 3: Upload Required Documents for GATE Registration
Images to be uploaded should be scanned beforehand and kept ready for uploading. Documents that are required to be uploaded are mentioned below-
|Particulars||Dimensions||Size and Other Specifications||Uploading of Documents|
|Passport size photograph in the white background||5 kb -200 kb||3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height with 60% - 70% of Face Coverage |
Pixels Range from 240x320 – 480×640
|In JPEG / JPG format|
|Signature in running handwriting||5 kb-200 kb||Area of signature must cover 70-80% of the image. |
Pixels Range from 80×280 – 160×560
Sign with black or dark blue color ink only.
|Photo ID Proof||NA||NA||PDF Format|
|Category Certificate wherever applicable||NA||NA|
|PwD Certificate wherever applicable||NA||NA|
|Certificate of Dyslexia||NA||NA|
Also Check: GATE 2022 Documents Upload Guidelines
Step 4: Payment of GATE Registration Fee 2022
- GATE Application Fee varies for Indian nationals and International candidates.
- The payment can be made via net banking facility/credit card or debit card only.
- E-challan mode of payment has been eliminated from the GATE registration process.
- GATE Application Fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
- As per the banking norms, additional online transaction charges will be applicable.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD category have to upload valid documentary evidence for concession in fees.
- Category wise application fee details are tabulated below:
|Category||Normal Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|Women||INR 750||INR 1250|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 750||INR 1250|
|All Other Candidates||INR 1500||INR 2000|
|For Exam Center in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|For Exam Center in Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
Payment Issues Resolvement GATE Registration 2022
In case the payment made is not reflected in the first go, You should not make another payment immediately. You should wait for at least two days, then check GATE 2020 Application Form Status. Another payment should be made in case of an unsuccessful payment. In case any extra payments are received, it will be automatically refunded to the respective bank account (it may take a week or more, after the closure of GATE Registration).
Step 5: Accepting the Declaration
Before submitting the application form in GOAPS portal, a candidate has to read and accept the declaration statement. Some of the points from the declaration are mentioned below. You cannot skip this step and the application form will only be submitted after you agree with the declaration.
- In the declaration, you have to confirm that the form is filled by you.
- You have understood each and every point in the form and fill up the details accordingly.
- I agree to strictly comply with the code of conduct for GATE 2022.
- If any of the information provided by me is found to be incorrect at any time later, my candidature for GATE 2022 will be cancelled.
- I shall be liable for legal action for providing any type of false information.
GATE Application Form Status 2022
If the status of your application is “Under Scrutiny”, you need not worry. Wait till the scrutiny team processes your application. Only those candidates whose applications need to be rectified in photo/signature/supporting documents will be contacted by email and SMS. The scrutiny process will continue even after the application portal is closed.
Forgot Enrollment ID or Password of GATE 2022?
In certain situations, enrollment id and password can be misplaced by a candidate. If need be, email id can also be used to access GATE Registration 2022.
There are two options available to access the application form-
- Request for an OTP: If you remember the Enrollment ID/Email Address, but forgotten Password, click on "Request for an OTP" to get One Time Password.
Provide your registered mobile number and Enrollment ID/Email Address. Click on Reset Password to obtain a new one.
- Already have an OTP? : If you already have an OTP, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password.
Enter the following details to create a New Password-
- Enrollment ID/Email Address
- New Password
- Confirm New Password
Password Specifications: Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily. It should be unique and 8-15 characters.
GATE Documents Required 2022
Candidates must keep the following documents handy before initiating the registration process for GATE 2022. All the supporting documents mentioned below need to be uploaded while filling the online application form.
- You have to upload the PDF file of any one of the following valid photo identities.
- Valid IDs are Aadhaar- UID, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Employee ID, and Driving License.
- For international candidates, only a valid Passport / Government issued ID / College ID / Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification document.
- If you do not have any of these as your identity proof then please obtain any one of them before filling the application.
- The candidate has to produce the same original valid photo ID proof during the examination for verification purposes.
- If a candidate fails to show the original valid photo ID proof, then that candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Category (SC/ ST) Certificate
- Candidates who belong to SC or ST category have to upload a valid documentary proof to get the concession in the application fee.
- A certificate issued by the authorized officials will be valid.
- The same document will be required during the time of admission.
- OBC-NCL and EWS candidates are not required to upload any category certificate while filling the online application form.
Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate
- Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates should attach a recently obtained PwD certificate issued by the competent authority. The benefit would be given to those who have a minimum 40% impairment irrespective of the type of disability.
- The same document will be required during the time of admission.
Certificate of Dyslexia
- Dyslexic candidates should attach a proper dyslexic certificate issued by any authorized Dyslexia Association.
- The scribe will be provided by the GATE authorities.
- The same document will be required during the time of admission.
GATE Form Correction 2022
After the submission of GATE Application Form, it goes under scrutiny where the authority checks and informs the candidates about the mistakes for the rectification. An additional fee is applicable for changing the details in the application form through GATE Form Correction window.
The following details can be edited before paying the application fee-
- Details like Communication Address, Graduation Details, Date of Birth, Gender and Category.
- One needs to upload a clear and acceptable image of the photograph and signature if they have not uploaded the high-quality images.
- The correct document defining the category status.
- The rectification of selection of the wrong status of qualifying examination along with its correct document can be submitted.
The changes that cannot be made in the submitted GATE Registration 2022:
- The E-mail Id mentioned by the candidate
- Contact Number is given by the candidate
- Paper for attending GATE 2022
As the above-mentioned details cannot be edited, in case a mistake is made, you have to apply again for GATE 2020 with a new E-mail ID and Phone Number. It must be noted that the previous application fee shall not be refunded.
GATE Registration 2022 FAQs
Ques. When will GATE Application Form 2022 be released?
Ans. IIT Kharagpur is expected to release GATE Application Form 2022 in the month of September 2021. Students must keep an eye out for the official notification expected in July 2021 which will include details about GATE Exam Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
Ques. What is GATE 2022 Application fees for Exam Center in Dubai and Singapore?
Ans. GATE 2022 Application fees for Exam Center in Dubai and Singapore is US$ 100 while the late fee for registration is US$ 120.
Ques. Is it compulsory to submit a category certificate during the time of registration of GATE?
Ans. Yes. To get the benefits of the reservation during the time of counselling it is compulsory to mention your category while filling the online application form along with the uploading of the same document in the PDF format. Candidates cannot change the category during the time of the admission process.
Ques. My graduation was through a distance learning program, Can I apply for GATE 2022?
Ans: As long as your course on the basis of which you are applying is recognized by AICTE, you can apply for GATE 2022.
Ques. I completed my graduation in 2019 but I do not have my degree certificate or provisional certificate yet. What document should I upload to prove that I am eligible for GATE 2022?
Ans: A copy of your final year mark sheet or a declaration from your college Principal (or other competent authority) along with the signature and seal, may do the needful.
Ques. Can I register for more than one paper in GATE?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for 2 papers out of 27 for GATE 2022. You have the liberty to choose any paper according to your admission plans, keeping the eligibility criteria in mind.
Ques. I am facing difficulty while uploading my signature. I have followed all the guidelines defined by the GATE authorities. What should I do now?
Ans. In this case, check the format in which you are trying to upload the document. Also, check the size and also do not resize the file. Know more
Ques. What is the GATE Application Fee for Foreign Nationals?
Ans. Foreign Nationality candidates are required to pay INR 1500 for centers in India and US$ 50 in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu. Candidates attempting GATE in Dubai and Singapore, have to pay US$ 100 as application fee.
Ques. Do I have to send any hard copy of the GATE Registration 2022 to any authority?
Ans. No, you do not have to send any hard copy of the applications to any of the GATE zonal offices.
Ques. When and how can I check my GATE Application Status?
Ans. You can check the status of your form by visiting the official website of GOAPS anytime and entering the required credentials.
Ques. I have submitted my application form and have generated a PDF file. Will I be able to make any changes in the GATE Registration 2022 form now?
Ans. No, once the application is finally submitted and PDF is generated you can not make any changes.
Ques. What ID documents are required while filling in the GATE Registration 2022 form?
Ans. For Indian candidates, it is Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Enrolment ID and Driving License. For International candidates, it is a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID.
Ques. I am a student with 56 percent in MSc. Am I eligible to sit for the GATE 2022 entrance exam?
Ans. Passed a Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent or currently appearing in the final year. Year of qualification must not be later than 2022.
Ques. What is the upper age limit for the GATE 2022 exam?
Ans. GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university/ institute in order to apply for the exam. There is no upper age limit for GATE 2022.
Ques. I can’t upload my signature, despite many attempts. I followed all the instructions and criteria specified while registering for GATE 2022. What should I do?
Ans. Please check the format of the file while registering for GATE 2022. Also, check the size. Kindly refrain from resizing the file.
Ques. How do I find out if my uploaded photograph is acceptable or not during GATE Registration 2022?
Ans. In case the photo you have uploaded is not accepted, you will get an email or SMS. After which, you can correct the photograph and other details. Kindly refrain from resizing the file. Declaration during GATE Registration 2022.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.