IIT Kharagpur will not be conducting any centralized GATE Counselling 2022. Instead, two different counselling processes will be held for admission to M.Tech colleges in India- CCMT and COAP. CCMT and COAP counseling processes are conducted every year for admission into NITs and IITs respectively. Candidates who have qualified GATE Cutoff 2022 are eligible for the counseling.
- COAP is a common platform where all the participating IITs upload admission offer letters in the common time window. Check GATE COAP Counselling
- CCMT is also a Centralized Counselling for M.Tech admission in 52 NITs and CFTIs. Check GATE CCMT
- Both COAP and CCMT are the gateway for admissions and without going through these counseling processes no candidate will be able to get admission based on GATE scores.
Read the article to know more about GATE counseling 2022, important dates and much more
GATE Counselling 2022: Eligibility Criteria
|GATE Scorecard||Valid GATE Score on any of the three years (2019/2020/2021).||Valid GATE Score on any of the three years (2019/2020/2021).|
|Minimum Marks||Varies according to Institution||≥6.5 CGPA or 60% (OC/OB categories) or 55% (SC/ST/PwD categories) from a recognized university.*|
*Note: Percentage conversion to CGPA or vice versa is not allowed.
Note: The course eligibility depends on the combination of degree, streams and GATE exam. Special eligibility is required to become eligible for admission in some institutes. Check GATE CCMT Special Eligibility
GATE Counselling 2022: COAP
To participate in the admission rounds of M. Tech courses, the students need to register online on the official website of GATE COAP 2022. Given below are some of the features of the counseling process.
- GATE COAP is a common platform where all the participating institutes will upload admission offer letters in the common time window.
- COAP will offer admission based on GATE scores and applications submitted by candidates.
- COAP is a counseling process. Hence, the students need to apply separately to the desired institutes for admissions. Read More: GATE COAP 2022 Counseling
GATE COAP 2022 Dates
Important dates regarding COAP registration and round offers are mentioned below:
|Round No.||Dates||Available Options|
|Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject & Wait|
|Registrations||4th week of March 2022||-||-||-|
|Round 1||4th week of May 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 2||1st week of June 2022||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 3||2nd week of June 2022||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|Round 4||3rd week of June, 2022||Yes||Yes/ No*||Yes|
|Round 5||4th week of June 2022||Yes||No||Yes|
NOTE: State Universities M.Tech Admission through GATE: Post declaration of GATE result, state universities, and other private institutes will conduct GATE counseling for admission to M.Tech programs. Candidates are advised to visit the respective website of the institutes to get more information.
COAP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidates must possess a valid GATE Score
COAP 2022 Admission Process
Pre Allotment Process
- Register at the official website of COAP 2022.
- Read the procedure carefully and follow the instructions.
- Enter your personal details
- Click on Submit button
- Use the details sent on your Email/SMS for logging in to the portal.
Admission Acceptance Process
- Login to the portal.
- Locate the Seat Allotment option and find under it institute-wise allotment details.
- The candidates will have the provision to select one out of the following three options.
- Accept and Freeze: This option is to be selected if the candidate is willing to accept one of the offers and does not want to consider upgrading to higher preferences. Such candidates will not be considered for further COAP counseling rounds.
- Retain and Wait: This option is to be selected if a candidate indicates partial acceptance and is willing to consider upgrading to higher preferences in further counseling rounds. Such candidates won't be considered for other rejected offers in the current round. In case a higher preference is offered, then the existing 'Retain and Wait' offer will be released.
- Reject and Wait: This option is to be selected if a candidate is not willing to accept any offers made in the current round. Such candidates will be considered for higher preferences made in further counseling rounds.
- Click on the submit button and complete the admission process further.
GATE CCMT Counseling 2022
GATE CCMT Counselling 2022 is a centralized system for admissions to M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan/ M.Des in top institutes such as NITs, IIEST Shibpur, and some IIITs and GFTIs. It offers a common platform for students and makes the counseling process easier.
GATE CCMT Counselling 2022: Dates
|CCMT Registration||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date for Registration||1st week of July 2022|
|Resolution of issues related to Fee Payment||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date of Choice Filling||1st week of July 2022|
|Automatic Locking of Saved Choices||1st week of July 2022|
|CCMT Round 1|
|Publication of Round 1 CCMT Seat Allotment||1st week of July 2022|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee||1st week of July 2022|
|Document Verification||2nd week of July 2022|
|Resolution of issues||2nd week of July 2022|
|CCMT Round 2|
|Publication of Round 2 CCMT Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2022|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee||3rd week of July 2022|
|Document Verification||3rd week of July 2022|
|Resolution of issue||3rd week of July 2022|
|CCMT Round 3|
|Publication of Round 3 CCMT Seat Allotment||4th week of July 2022|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee||4th week of July 2022|
|Document Verification||4th week of July 2022|
|Reporting to the institute||4th week of July 2022|
|Withdrawal of admission||4th week of July 2022|
GATE CCMT Counselling 2022: Dates for Special Counselling Rounds
Apart from the main counselling schedule, authorities will also conduct special counselling rounds for CCMT. These rounds are conducted based on the availability of seats at participating NITs and CFTIs. Students can expect the Special Counselling rounds for CCMT 2022 to begin somewhere in the first week of August 2022.
CCMT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must possess a valid GATE score
- A minimum of 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks must be acquired in the qualifying exam (For General and OBC).
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, a 5% relaxation is given to the candidates in the qualifying percentage.
CCMT 2022 Admission Process
Pre - Allotment Process
- Register on the Official portal of CCMT.
- The registration fee for CCMT is INR 2200 for OC/OB and INR 1700 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Fill in the factually correct information.
- The seats will be allotted based on the ranks secured in GATE 2022.
- Those who have been allotted seats need to pay INR 20,000 as a seat acceptance fee.
- Report to the reporting center along with all the documents.
- Get your documents verified.
Getting Admitted To ‘Allotted Institute’
- The candidates whose documents have been successfully verified need to provisionally reserve their seats by paying INR 10,000.
- The balance fee with respect to allotted institutes has to be paid to the respective allotted Institute at the time of physical reporting to the allotted institute. Read More: GATE CCMT Counselling
GATE Counselling 2022: For IISc Bangalore
To get admitted to IISc Bangalore, the candidates need to go through IISc Counseling. Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) provides a common platform for the candidates to make the most preferred choice for admission. Before registering on COAP, the students need to keep in mind the following pointers.
- The admission rounds are conducted based on the GATE scores and eligibility criteria defined by IISc Bangalore.
- 70% weightage will be given to GATE score and 30% weightage will be given to written tests or personal interviews.
- Candidates possessing a minimum of the second class in the following degrees are eligible to apply for admission in Research Programs (Ph.D./MTech)-
GATE Counselling 2022 FAQs
Ques. Is it mandatory to register for COAP Counseling 2022?
Ans. The candidates who wish to apply to the M. Tech. programs need to mandatorily register themselves in COAP 2022. These candidates will receive admission offers via COAP only. If the candidates do not register at COAP, they will not be able to access the offers.
Ques. Can the students apply to PSUs through COAP 2022?
Ans. No, the students can not apply to PSUs through COAP 2022. COAP is a counseling process. The candidates who wish to apply an M.Tech. Admission / Job Portal needs to do that separately to the respective Institute(s).
Ques. Who is eligible to register for COAP Counseling 2022?
Ans. The candidates who wish to get admitted to the M.Tech program in any of the participating Institutes of COAP need to register for COAP. Provided they have a valid GATE 2022 score or of year 2021/ 2019.
Ques. Can one submit more than one GATE score for COAP Counseling 2022?
Ans. The candidates have a provision to submit the two or three GATE Scores. For this, the candidates need to register only once. For instance, if the candidates possess GATE Scores for XL and NM papers, then they can register with any one of the GATE paper scores (XL or NM). And include the remaining GATE paper score when they login to the COAP portal for the first time.
Ques. When will COAP Counseling 2022 be conducted?
Ans. GATE counseling will be conducted after IITs confirm the offer of admissions through COAP. The portal will display which institute has offered seats for admissions to the M.Tech program.
Ques. Can one apply for CCMT 2022 offline?
Ans. No, the students can not apply to CCMT 2022 offline. The portal will be opened online and it is expected from all the candidates that they register to CCMT via online mode only.
Ques. In how many rounds will CCMT Counseling 2022 wind up?
Ans. Generally, CCMT Counseling winds up in three rounds. However, subsequent rounds can be taken place due to unforeseen circumstances. The students are advised to check the official website regularly for such updates.
Ques. How many choices can the candidates fill in CCMT Counseling 2022?
Ans. In CCMT Counseling 2022, the candidates can fill as many choices as they want to. There is no limitation.
Ques. When will CCMT Counseling 2022 take place?
Ans. CCMT Counseling 2022 will take place after the declaration of results of GATE 2022. The candidates are advised to check the official website for all the latest updates regarding the counseling process.
Ques. What is the choice locking in CCMT Counseling 2022?
Ans. Choice Locking in CCMT Counseling 2022 is the process of the final submission of choices. Once the candidates lock their choices they do not have the provision to modify them. Hence, the candidates are advised to fill their choices carefully.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.