- Practice Papers
- Question Paper
- Question Paper 2020
- Question Paper 2019
- Question Paper 2018
- Question Paper 2017
- Question Paper 2021
GATE 2022 Mock Tests have been released by IIT Kharagpur for all the papers. Candidates can access the official mock tests on the official website at iitkgp.ac.in. The mock tests are a replication of the actual GATE question paper held for a duration of 3 hours with 65 questions (MCQs, MSQs and NATs). GATE 2022 will be conducted on February 5, 6, 12 and 14, 2022 for 29 papers. Two new papers have been added this year namely- Geomatics Engineering and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. The candidates who register for the exam are advised to appear for these official GATE mock tests to get a better understanding of the paper pattern, marking schemes, and the types of questions asked in the examination.Check GATE 2022 Preparation
GATE 2022 Mock Test: Paper-wise Official Test Links
|Download GATE 2021 Question Paper||Download GATE 2020 Question Paper||Download GATE 2019 Question Paper|
|Download GATE 2018 Question Paper||Download GATE 2017 Question Paper||GATE Question Papers|
GATE Mock Test 2022 Highlights
|GATE 2022 Mock Test Availability||November 20, 2021|
|Mode of GATE Mock Test 2022||Online|
|Time Limit of GATE 2022 Mock Test||3 hours|
|Total Number of Section in Mock Test||3|
|Types of Questions||MCQs, MSQs, and NATs|
|Sections in Paper||General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics, and Subject questions.|
GATE Mock Test 2022: How to Access?
Candidates can access the online test by visiting the official website of GATE 2022. Below are mentioned the steps to access the GATE Mock Test released by IIT:
Step 1: Visit the Official website
- Candidates need to access the online mock test of GATE 2022 by visiting the official website.
- The link of mock best becomes active only one or two months before the examination.
Step 2: Click on the Link and Login
- Click on the GATE 2022 Mock test link and a new window will appear.
- There you have to select the subject for which you want to take the Mock Test.
- Enter valid login credentials to access the mock test.
Step 3: Read the Instructions and Start the test
- Instructions will appear on your screen.
- Read all the instructions carefully. All the instructions will be similar to the final GATE paper.
- The instructions will include all the details like how to answer or attempt the questions, what will be the marking scheme, etc.
- After reading all the instructions, click on “I am ready to begin”.
- Your test will begin soon after clicking on that button.
Previous Year GATE Mock Tests
Each year the organizing institute releases the official GATE Mock Test separately for each paper. Students can access the mock tests using the direct links provided in the tables below.
GATE Mock Tests 2021
IIT Bombay had released GATE Mock Test 2021 on November 25, 2020 separately for each paper. On one hand papers such as ME and CE had access to two different mock tests, various subjects under humanities and social science paper had separate mock test for each paper code.
GATE Mock Tests 2020
Official GATE Mock Tests 2020 were released by IIT Delhi which was the organizing institute for 2020 on the official website.
GATE Mock Tests 2019
GATE Mock Test 2019 were released by IIT Madras for each paper separately.
GATE Mock Test 2022: How to answer MCQs?
Below are given some of the points to remember how to answer MCQs in the GATE 2022 Mock Test and what does the color on each question number mean:
- The question will appear on your screen. If you want to answer it, answer it straight away, or if you do not want to answer that particular question, then go to another question by clicking or selecting any other question from the questions palette.
- If you are confident about your answer that it is correct and you do not want to review it, then click on the “Save and Next” tab and the next question will appear on the next screen.
- If you are not confident about your answer that it is correct and wish to review it, then click on the “Mark for Review and Next” tab and the next question will appear on the next screen.
- In case the candidate does not choose any option, then the answer to that question will not be saved.
- The same will be applicable in the final GATE 2022 actual examination.
Status of Questions or Answers in GATE Mock Test 2022
|Color on Question Number||What does it Mean?|
|Grey||You have not visited the question yet|
|Red||You have not answered the question|
|Green||You have answered the question|
|Purple||You have not answered the question, but have marked it for review|
|Purple with a green tick||You have answered the question, but have marked it for review|
Why is it important to appear for GATE Mock Test?
GATE 2022 Mock tests are designed in such a way that they provide one with real-time experience. The mock test aims to familiarize the test takers with the navigation process. Also, the mock test comes with all the features that are present in the actual test.
- Candidates are advised to attempt at least 10 to 15 mock tests before appearing for the actual examination to understand the paper pattern, marking scheme, and types of questions asked in the examination.
- By taking the mock test, candidates can analyze their level of preparation and work on their weaker sections.
- This will strengthen your preparation and will help you in achieving a better score.
- Attempting GATE 2022 mock test enables students to understand the topics more clearly by solving the questions.
- Importantly, candidates will be able to keep track of their time for solving the questions and overall time of exam and practice accordingly.
GATE Mock Test 2022: Key Features
GATE Virtual Calculator
- The on-screen or virtual calculator will be available on your computer screen which will help candidates in solving the lengthy calculations.
- Most candidates use virtual calculation while solving Numerical Value Questions.
- Candidates must familiarize themselves with the on-screen scientific calculators before appearing for the actual exam so that they won’t waste their time during the examination in understanding its use.
- Candidates will get access to the on-screen keyboard during the online mock test.
- When the candidate selects a question from the question palette, the candidate may type in the answer or select one of the options from multiple choices through the on-screen keyboard.
- The on-screen keyboard facility is provided to those candidates who are not familiar or comfortable with the use of a computer mouse.
- The total duration of the test will be 3 hours.
- The timer will be available on the screen just so that the candidates can check the time left to attempt the questions left.
Benefits of GATE Mock Tests 2022
- Students must appear for the mock tests to get a better understanding of the paper pattern, marking schemes, and the types of questions asked in the examination.
- It can help in making a better time management strategy for the actual examination.
- It can also familiarize the students with other options that they will get during the final CAT exam like how to zoom in or out, how to expand the question screen area, how to navigate from one question to another, and much more.
- The mode of the mock test is online to familiarize the test takers with the navigation process. Also, the mock test comes with all the features that are present in the actual test.
GATE mock test will be a dummy of the actual question paper and will help the candidates in getting the overview of the actual question paper and prepare for it in a better way.
GATE Mock Test 2022 FAQs
Ques. Can anyone take these mock tests or only those who will register for GATE 2022?
Ans. Yes. GATE 2022 Mock Tests can be accessed by anyone from the official website. The students are advised to practice mock tests in a good amount before appearing for GATE 2022.
Ques. Is GATE 2022 Mock Test similar to the final paper?
Ans. A mock test is a replica of the real examination which is uploaded by the organizing institute and is conducted online with the same time duration, same pattern and number of questions, etc. GATE online mock test released by IIT will be similar to the final paper. GATE mock test 2022 will be a dummy of the actual question paper.
Ques. What are the benefits of the GATE 2022 Mock Test?
Ans. The major purpose of the online mock test for GATE 2022 is to help candidates to understand the paper pattern, marking scheme, types of questions, etc. Candidates also get familiar with the navigation process of the online test as the mock test is also conducted in the online mode. GATE 2022 Mock Tests are designed in such a way that they give you the actual feel of the examination. The mode of the mock test is online to familiarize the test takers with the navigation process. Also, the mock test comes with all the features that are present in the actual test. By giving the mock test, candidates can analyze their level of preparation and work on their weaker sections. This will strengthen your preparation and will help you in achieving a better score.
Ques. What will be the time duration of the GATE 2022 Mock Test?
Ans. The mock test will be 3 hours long and will consist of objective-type questions. The features of the GATE 2022 Mock test will the same as the original question paper. Other than time duration, the exam pattern, weightage of sections, etc all will be similar to real examination. However, the same questions don’t need to be asked in the examination.
Ques. How many sections will be there in the GATE 2022 Mock Test?
Ans. There are 3 sections in the examination- General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics, and Subject- wise questions. General Aptitude with 15 % of the total marks, Engineering Mathematics with 15 % of the total marks, and Subject Questions with 70 % of the total marks. In some of the subjects or disciplines, the weightage of core subjects will be 85% and 15% of general aptitude. The same pattern is followed in the GATE 2022 Mock Test
Ques. When is the best time to take the GATE 2022 Mock Test?
Ans. You can divide GATE 2022 Mock Test into three categories
- Topic Wise Tests: Take these tests right after finishing each topic to see how much you have retained from each topic.
- Multiple Topic Tests: Take these tests periodically in your study schedule to make sure that you can properly identify which topics each question and concept is from.
- Compete Syllabus Tests: Take this test after completing your whole syllabus once to find out what you need to spend more time revising. Also, take these tests at regular intervals during your revision period.
Ques. Are the ranks received in the official GATE 2022 Mock Test at a particular score going to be the same as the ranking in the actual test for a similar score?
Ans. No. General trends show that the rank you receive at a particular score in the mock test will generally yield a much better rank than the same score will in the actual test. Eg: A score of 80 in the mock test might get you a top 50 rank, while the same score of 80 in the actual test might get you a rank near 1000. This is because not everyone who takes the actual exam also takes the mock test, thus making the mock test ranks not indicative of the actual rank.
Ques. How many times are the official GATE 2022 Mock Tests conducted?
Ans. There is only one official GATE 2022 Mock Test series by the exam conducting body in a year. However, there are multiple other non-official mock tests arranged by various coaching institutes and other organizations throughout the year that the candidates can take advantage of.
Ques. Is the use of calculators allowed in the GATE 2022 mock test?
Ans. Yes, however, you do not bring your calculator to the test. There is an on-screen calculator provided during GATE 2022 Mock Tests to help with lengthy calculations.
Ques. Are the GATE 2022 Mock Tests tougher than the actual exam?
Ans. No, the official GATE 2022 Mock Test is made to be of the same difficulty as the actual exam. It may seem tougher because of the following few reasons, however.
- Students do not have as much practice while appearing for the mock test as they do by the time the actual test comes along.
- Lower scores in the mock test get better ranks than comparatively higher scores in the actual test. However, this is only because a lot of students don't take the mock test too seriously.
- Students might be unfamiliar with the online test-taking format and lose precious time trying to get used to it.
Because of all these reasons, it is important to not get too confident after getting a decent rank in the mock test. You must keep practicing till the day of the exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.