HPCET 2022 exam dates have been announced by the Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). HPCET 2022 will be held on July 9, 2022, and July 10, 2022, as an offline test for various courses. HPCET 2022 application form is expected to be released online soon. Check HPCET 2022 Application Form
- it is important for the applicants to check HPCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria and ensure that they satisfy them. In case an applicant is found to be ineligible for the exam, his application may be liable for rejection at any stage of the Admission procedure.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download HPCET 2022 admit card through login. Only those candidates who have the admit card will be able to attempt the exam.
- Admissions into the participating institutes are offered on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in 10+2 (Qualifying board exam), and JEE Main 2022 scores.
- In case the seats remain vacant after exhausting the merit of JEE (Main) and HPCET, the remaining seats will be filled up on the basis of merit of the 12th standard examination conducted by a recognized Board or University.
- HPCET 2022 Exam Pattern will be released online by the official authorities. Himachal Pradesh Technical University will inform the students regarding the various details of the entrance examination through the exam pattern. Candidates will be able to check the mode of exam, duration, marking scheme, and more through the exam pattern of HPCET 2022.
What is HPCET? Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET) is a state-level exam conducted for admission of candidates to undergraduate and post-graduate courses offered at various colleges of Himachal Pradesh. Check HPCET 2022 Participating Colleges
HPCET 2022 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen-Paper Based)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||150 MCQs|
|Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Courses Offered||BHMCT & B.Sc.(HM &CT), BBA, B.Tech, B.Pharma, BCA, M.Tech, M.Sc.(Physics), MBA, MCA|
|HP CET 2022 Application Dates||To be announced|
HPCET 2022 Course-wise Exam Dates
HPCET 2022 Course – wise exam dates are tabulated below:
|BHMCT & B.Sc (HM & CT)||July 10, 2022|
|BBA (Morning session)||July 10, 2022|
|B.Tech/B.Pharmacy/B.Pharmacy (Ayur.)||July 10, 2022|
|BCA||July 9, 2022|
|MBA & MBA (T & HM), M.Tech||July 9, 2022|
|M.Pharmacy/M.Sc (Environmental Science) Diploma in Yoga, M.Sc (Physics & MCA)||To be announced|
|Admit Card||May 1, 2020|
|Result||Jul 8, 2020|
|Exam||Feb 15, 2022 - Mar 15, 2022|
|Application Process||Aug 15, 2022 - Sep 15, 2022|
HPCET 2022 Eligibility
All candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the norms of AICTE for appearing in HPCET 2022 before they start filling out the online application form for the entrance exam.
- Candidates must have passed a 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/university with at least 45% aggregate marks for general category candidates and at least 40% marks for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates need to have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in class 12th along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
HPCET 2022 Application Form
HPCET 2022 Application Form will be available from the 3rd week of April 2022 (tentatively). All candidates, applying for the exam must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of HPCET. Candidates are advised to read all the instructions in the information brochure before filling HPCET application form. The stepwise procedure to fill out the online application form is given below:
Step 1: Create Account/Registration: Fill in the following registration details in the “Account Registration Form” that will open on your system:
- Confirm password
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Mobile number
A system-generated Application Form Number will appear on the computer screen. The User Name and Application Number will also be sent to the given email ID. All applicants must note or keep a safe user name and password for future reference.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form: Click on the “Login” button and enter your username, password, and application number. Now enter the following details to fill application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s & Mother’s Name
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Programme Applied For
- Examination Centre
- Category & Sub-Category
- Qualifying Exam Details
- Permanent Address
- Correspondence Address
Now, click on “Save & Continue”
Step 3: Upload Photograph and Signature: During this step, candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature. Click on browse and select your photograph and signature in the required dimension/size and format mentioned in the brochure. After you have attached the images, click on the “Upload” button.
Step 4: Confirmation: The next stage of HPCET 2022 application form is confirmation. The filled-in application form appears and the candidate has two options – Edit or Submit & Go for Payment. If you want to make any change in the application details, click on edit, otherwise go for a payment.
Step 5: Make Fee Payment: After confirmation of the details filled in the application form, the applicants will be automatically redirected to the page for fee payment. Two modes of payment will be available and the following links will appear:
- “Offline link to generate PNB Challan” or,
- “Online Fee Payment Link”
Select the mode of payment as per your convenience and make the payment to complete HPCET 2022 Application.
HPCET 2022 Application Fee
HPCET 2022 Application Fee payment mode is either through E-challan or through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The following table shows the application fee for all the categories:
HPCET 2022 Admit Card
HPCET 2022 Application form will only be available for the successfully registered candidates. The admit card will release tentatively in the first week of May in online mode only. HPCET 2022 Admit Card is an important document that candidates must download and take a printout to carry to the exam center. No candidate is permitted to enter the examination hall without the possession of a valid hall ticket.
Details on HPCET 2022 Admit Card:
- Name of the applicant
- Roll Number
- Father’s name
- Photograph of the candidate
- Address of the test center
- Test date
How to Download HPCET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of HPTU
- Enter HPCET application No and program you have applied for
- Or Enter your name and program name
- Click on “Submit”.
- Admit card for HPCET 2022 will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates must check the same and download it.
In case of any discrepancies, candidates must contact the HPTU. If the photograph or signature is not displayed, candidates must affix their photograph put their signature in the space provided on the admit card and get it attested by a gazetted officer.
HPCET 2022 Exam Center
HPCET 2022 Exam Centers are the venues where the state-level entrance test is conducted. HPCET is conducted across 16 cities and towns of Himachal Pradesh. Exam Centres are allotted on the basis of choices filled by candidates in HPCET 2022 application form.
|HPCET 2022 Exam Center||Code|
HPCET 2022 Exam Pattern
HPCET 2022 Exam Pattern provides details like what kind of questions are asked in the test, the marking scheme, total number of questions, sectional marks negative marking, etc. Candidates must have knowledge about the exam pattern of the entrance exam well in advance, which helps in attempting and solving the question paper easily.
The following table shows section-wise marks distribution in HPCET 2022 for the engineering program.
|S.No.||Subjects||Total Questions||Maximum Marks|
HPCET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of HPCET 2022 gives candidates clarity on the topics and units from where questions were asked in the question paper. HPCET 2022 Syllabus includes units and topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Physics: The Laws of Motion Physics and Measurement, Motions Rotation Work, Energy, and Power, Theory of Gases, Dynamics Properties of Solids and Liquids, Oscillations and Waves, Current, Power, The Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current The Current and the Magnetic Effects of Magnetism, Electronic Equipment, Electromagnetic Waves, Communication Systems, Atoms and Nuclei
Chemistry: Matters, States, Atomic Structure, Redox reactions and electricity Chemical kinetics, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Surface Chemistry, Periods of properties and classification of the elements, Isolation of principles and methodology, metals, S, p, d & f – Block Elements, Co-Ordination compounds, Refined and depiction of organic compounds, Environmental Chemistry, Some of the basic principle of organic chemistry, Oxygen-containing organic compounds, Chemistry of Everyday Life, Nitrogen-rich organic compounds, Practical chemistry-related principles
Mathematics: Complex Numbers and quadratic equations, Set, Relations and Functions, Sequences & Series, Determinants of matrices, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem, and its common applications, Differential equations, Integral Calculus, Limit, continuity, and Differentiability, Three-dimensional geometry, Statistics and probability, Mathematical reasoning, Coordinate geometry, Vector algebra, Vector Calculus, Numerical Methods, Linear algebra, Partial differential equations, Complex variables, Ordinary differential equations, Probability and Statistics
HPCET 2022 Preparation Books
Following are some books that will be helpful in preparing for HPCET 2022:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|A Master Resource Book in MATHEMATICS||Prafull K Agarwal||978-9350948156|
|A Master Resource Book in PHYSICS||D B Singh||978-9350948064|
|A Master Resource Book in CHEMISTRY||Sanjay Sharma||978-9350948095|
HPCET 2022 Result
The result of HPCET 2022 will be declared on the official website. Candidates can check HPCET 2022 Results by logging in on the official website. The result will be displayed with details of candidates along with the marks they have scored in each subject. Candidates are advised to download and print their HPCET 2022 Result or scorecard after checking it.
Steps to download/view the scorecard:
- Click on HPCET 2022 Result link provided on the official website
- Enter HPCET Roll No or Name of the candidate
- The result of HPCET 2022 will be displayed.
Candidates must take the print and keep it safe for counseling and for future reference. HPTU will prepare a rank list for candidates who successfully qualify HPCET 2022. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the test takers. HPCET 2022 merit list will be available online as well as on the notice board of the university.
HPCET 2022 Answer Key
Answer Key of HPCET 2022 will be available on the same day of the exam. With the help of HPCET 2022 answer key, candidates can cross-check the responses they have marked against the questions in the test and figure out their probable score. If the test takers find any discrepancy in the official answer key of HPCET 2022, they can raise their complaints and write to the university at the following address along with the supporting documents/solution pertaining to question papers/answer keys:
HPCET 2022 Cut Off
HPCET 2022 cut-off is the minimum qualifying score that candidates need to secure in the test to get qualified for the counseling process and seat allotment. HPTU will declare a cut-off of HPCET 2022 after the declaration of the result. Only the successful candidates whose score is more than or equal to HPCET 2022 cut-off will be given admission as per their rank obtained in HPCET 2022 exam.
Factors affecting HPCET 2022 Cut Off:
Some of the factors that would be considered in deciding the cut off are:
- Number of candidates,
- Number of seats,
- Exam difficulty level,
- Candidate to seat ration,
- Reservation policies set by Government
- Last year’s admission trends.
HPCET 2022 Counselling
The online registration process for the counseling of HPCET 2022 will start expected in the first week of June. Candidates qualifying HPCET will be eligible to appear in counseling sessions after completing the registration process. Candidates will be shortlisted for counseling based on the merit list prepared on the basis of scores obtained in HPCET or JEE Main depending upon the test they are applying through for seeking admission. HPTU will conduct the counseling for JEE Main qualified candidates from July 3, 2022 (tentatively) and for HPCET qualified candidates from July 8, 2022 (tentatively).
- The First 50% seats in all the participating colleges will be allotted to JEE Main 2022 qualified candidates through counseling, while the remaining seats will be offered to candidates who qualify HPCET 2022
- In case vacant seats are left even after the counselling for JEE Main 2022 and HPCET 2022, then the seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their merit in 10+2.
During the counseling, seats in the engineering colleges of the states will be allotted to participating candidates as per their preference. To confirm their seats, candidates have to pay HPCET admission fee. Candidates have to pay the registration fee online via debit card/credit card/net banking. After completing the counseling process candidates have to appear for their allotted institutes for document verification.
Documents Required for HPCET Counselling:
Candidate must produce the following documents, in original, along with one set of photocopies duly attested at the time of HPCET Counselling 2022.
- Certificates of class XII and class X.
- Class XII and X mark sheets issued by the board/university.
- Date of birth certificate or matriculation/higher secondary/Indian school certificates showing the date of birth.
- JEE Main/HPCET scorecard.
- Character certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
- Bonafide/domicile certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Reserved category certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
- Physically challenged certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority, if applied under the tuition fee waiver scheme.
- An affidavit attested by the Executive Magistrate if applied under Beti Hai Anmol Scheme.
- Kashmiri migrants and domicile certificate issued by the competent authority, if applied under supernumerary Kashmiri migrant quota.
HPCET 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Which courses are offered through HPCET 2022?
Ans. HPCET 2022 is conducted for offering admission in various UG and PG courses from technical and professional colleges of Himachal Pradesh. The courses in which the candidates may take admission through the exam are BHMCT, BBA, B.Tech, B.Pharma, BCA, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Sc., MBA, MCA.
Ques. What is the exam mode of HPCET 2022?
Ans. HPCET 2022 will be held in pen-paper-based format. The exam will be held on July 9, 2022, and July 10, 2022.
Ques. Is HPCET 2022 exam pattern the same for the paper of all the courses?
Ans. No, as per the courses, the exam conducting authority has laid down the different paper patterns.
Ques. When will I receive HPCET 2022 Admit card?
Ans. HPCET 2022 Admit Card will be available only for the successfully registered candidates in the first week of May 2022 (tentatively).
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.