JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus 2022 will be updated here soon after the official brochure is released. JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus consists of seven units- Algebra, Matrices, Probability, Trignometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, and Vectors. As per the previous year's analysis topics with the highest weightage from topics like Integration, Calculus, Geometry, and Trignometry. Check JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus
JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus is a combination of relatively easy and difficult topics. As per a majority of test takers 25% of the questions are easy, 25% difficult and the rest 50% are observed to be of a medium difficulty level. We have covered a range of aspects in order to assist candidates when dealing with JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus. Check JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Pattern
Table of Contents
JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus 2022
JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus according to the seven units is defined below. Changes in JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus for 2022 will be updated here:
|Analytical Geometry|| |
|Differential Calculus|| |
|Integral Calculus|| |
JEE Advanced Mathematics Question-wise Weightage
Many aspirants think that the mathematics problem can most probably be solved with the help of brilliant shortcut tricks, and therefore in this misconception, they forget that the “killer shortcut tricks” are itself developed by one and the only thing “smart practice”.
However, based on the previous year analysis, the chapters along with the number of questions and marks tabulated below:
|Chapter Name||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Application of Derivatives||3||9|
|Permutations and Combinations||1||3|
|Sequence and Series||1||3|
|Limit and Continuity||1||4|
JEE Advanced - Marks wise Weightage of Topics
|Vector and 3D||15-20 marks|
|Probability and Permutation & Combination||15-20 marks|
|Parabola, Hyperbola, Ellipse, Rectangular Hyperbola||15 marks|
|Complex Numbers||15 marks|
JEE Advanced Mathematics 2022 Preparation
- In order to prepare for JEE Advanced Mathematics, candidates should make a thorough analysis of JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus, topics that are frequently asked, and the weightage of important topics.
- Some of the topics that candidates should prepare extremely well for JEE Advanced are Sets, Relation & Functions, 3-D Geometry, Conic Sections, scoring sections in JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus include Limits, Continuity, and Derivability, Quadratic Equation, Permutation and Combination, Circles, Binomial Theorem, Differential Equations
- Sections that have less weightage as per the previous year's analysis are Inverse trigonometry, Mathematics Induction, Mathematical Reasoning, and Application of Integrals.
- After completing JEE Advanced Mathematics Syllabus, candidates should ensure that they solve previous year papers, mock papers to solve a variety of questions which will help them with their practice and speed while giving JEE Advanced 2022.
Best Books for JEE Advanced Mathematics
Besides the given below books, NCERT must become the “have to do” book for every aspirant.
- R.D. Sharma (Subjective) for basics.
- Subjective set of Arihant publications written by Amit Aggarwal and S K Goyal.
- Previous year JEE Advanced book by Arihant publication.
- Calculus - Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron.
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.