JEE Main Exam Centers 2022 list will be released along with the official brochure tentatively in the first week of January 2022. Candidates can list different JEE Main Exam Center city choices for each of the four sessions that will be conducted this year. NTA had, previously, increased JEE Main Exam Centers from 660 to 828 for every shift of JEE Main 2021. Candidates must carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with JEE Main 2022 Admit Card to the center. Without it, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Based on the preferences of the candidate, the officials will allot JEE Main 2022 exam center.
- NTA ensures safe conduction of the exam by releasing exam day guidelines for each session. Candidates must follow JEE Main COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for smooth conduct of the exam.
List of JEE Main Exam Centers 2022
- NTA will release the complete list of JEE Main Exam Centers 2022. Till then, candidates can refer to the previous year list of cities where JEE Main was held.
- Students have to select 4 preferred cities out of the available options. NTA will try to allot the JEE Exam Center as per the student’s preference order. However, exam center allotment is subject to availability.
Below is the list of state-wise JEE Main exam centers:
|ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||AN01|
|DAMAN & DIU||DAMAN||DD01|
|DAMAN & DIU||DIU||DD02|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||DN01|
|HIMACHAL PRADESH||BILASPUR (HIMACHAL PRADESH)||HP01|
|HIMACHAL PRADESH||HAMIRPUR(HIMACHAL PRADESH)||HP03|
|JHARKHAND||BOKARO STEEL CITY||JH01|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||BARAMULLA||JK01|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||JAMMU||JK02|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||SAMBA||JK03|
|JAMMU AND KASHMIR||SRINAGAR (J & K)||JK04|
|UTTAR PRADESH||NOIDA/GREATER NOIDA||UP09|
JEE Main Exam Centers 2022 Outside India
JEE Main 2022- Test Practice Centers
- To help candidates with JEE Main 2022 Preparation, NTA sets up around 4000 test centers in various schools and engineering colleges across the country.
- The registrations for these centers are opened on the official website of NTA.
- Candidates can download the NTA app, “NTA Student” to locate their exam centers and the nearest test practice centers.
- The staff available at the Test Practice Centers will help and motivate the students to clear their doubts and solve problems and to make them familiar with the CBT mode of examinations. For details see the NTA Website- https://www.nta.ac.in/TPC.
JEE Main 2022 Schedule
The tentative exam schedule for JEE Main 2022 January session is tabulated below:
|JEE Main Paper||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination for B.E./B.Tech||9.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.||2.30 P.M. to 5.30 P.M.|
|Timing of Examination for B.Arch||9.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.||2.30 P.M. to 5.30 P.M.|
|Timing of Examination for B.Planning||--||2.30 P.M. to 5.30 P.M.|
|Timing of Examination for B.Arch & B.Planning (both)||--||2.30 P.M. to 6.00 P.M.|
|Entry in the Examination Center||7.30 A.M. – Up To 9.00 A.M.||01.00 P.M. – upto 2.00 P.M.|
|Candidates login to read instructions||9.20 A.M.||2.20 P.M.|
|Test Commences||9.30 A.M.||2.30 P.M.|
JEE Main Exam Center 2022: Documents Required
It is mandatory to present the following items at JEE Main Exam Center 2022:
- Print copy of JEE Main 2022 Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Center during the examination.
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ 12th Class Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph.
- PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
Prohibited Items at JEE Main 2022 Exam Center
There are few things/ objects that are prohibited at the examination venue. They are as follows:
- Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material)
- Eatables and Water (loose or packed)
- Mobile Phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, to wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room
- Rough Paper – candidates are provided with sheets for rough work and hence NTA does not allow any type of paper inside the exam hall.
- Stationary – candidates will be provided with all the required stationery like Blue/ Black ballpoint pens at the exam center only.
- NTA will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
- If any candidate is in possession of any of the above item, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be canceled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized
Download Free JEE Main Sample Papers
JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
Other than bringing along your JEE Main 2022 required documents there are many other minor things which one needs to keep in mind.
- Report at the center two hours before the commencement of exam so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time.
- The registration desk will be closed 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to enter the Examination Center after 8:30 a.m. in the first shift and after 1:30 p.m. in the second shift.
- Read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- Take the seat immediately after the opening of the exam hall.
- Candidates failing to report in time due to any reason i.e. traffic jam, train/bus delay etc., they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the exam hall. The NTA shall not be responsible for any delay
- Attendance sheets must be signed in the presence of the invigilator.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Day Guidelines as per COVID-19
Candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main need to keep in mind not only general guidelines but measures for Coronavirus as well.
- As per government guidelines candidates need to be seated at a distance of one meter from each other.
- Candidates need to wear face masks without which entry can be restricted.
- Appropriate social distancing measures will be taken while checking ID proof and verification before entry, thus candidates need to be patient.
- It is advisable to carry hand sanitiser to constantly disinfect.
- Making large groups or arriving at the test center with multiple people should be avoided.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Center FAQs
Ques. What documents should a candidate bring to JEE Main exam center 2022?
Ans. Candidates are required to bring their Admit Card and Aadhar Card to the exam center. In case the candidate hails from Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, and Meghalaya, and does not possess an Aadhar Card, they will have to bring their Passport or any other valid Government identity proof along with their admit card to the exam center.
Ques. How many cities have JEE Main 2022 exam centers?
Ans. JEE Main 2022 will be conducted across 329 exam cities in India and 8 abroad.
Ques. What is the last time to enter JEE Main exam center?
Ans. Candidates won’t be permitted to enter JEE Main Examination Hall/Room after 9:00 a.m. in the first shift and after 2:30 p.m. in the second shift.
Ques. Can we change JEE Main exam center after the closing of the application form correction window?
Ans. No, candidates cannot change JEE Main center after the closure of the application form correction window. National Testing Agency (NTA) makes this facility available for successfully registered candidates who have committed some errors at the time of JEE Main registration. No other option is available to change JEE Main exam centers.
Ques. What is the procedure to change JEE Main Exam Center 2022?
Ans. The facility of changing JEE Main exam center has been recently provided by the NTA. This facility is available at the time of opening of application form correction. Candidates who wish to change their exam city need to login into their respective accounts and change the exam city preference.
The NTA assures it will make efforts to allot the city of examination to the candidates in order of the choices opted by them in their application form, subject to the availability of capacity in the desired city. However, in some circumstances the student choice may not be met due to administrative reasons, and the decision of NTA regarding allotment of the center shall be final.
Ques. What is JEE Main exam duration for students who wish to attempt both B. Arch and B. Planning?
Ans. The exam duration for students who will be attempting both JEE Main 2022 B.Arch and B.Planning exams is 3 and a half hours.
Ques. Who can visit the NTA Test Practice center for JEE Main?
Ans. JEE Main 2022 aspirants who successfully register at the official NTA website to avail the facility of the Test Practice Center can visit the center.
Ques. Are there any JEE Main exam centers 2022 in the U.A.E.?
Ans. Yes. There are exam centers in Sharjah, Dubai. Apart from that, the other exam centers for JEE Main 2022 outside India are Doha, Singapore, Riyadh, Kathmandu, Muscat and Bahrain. However, the list of international exam centers for JEE Main 2022 will be updated here only after the release of official brochure.
Ques. How to choose JEE Main exam center? Can students choose a center of their own choice?
Ans. The applicants can only opt for the city of their choice as per the list of computer-based exam cities at the time of filling out the application form. Candidates can list 4 options in their preferences out of which the exam center will be allocated.
Ques. When do students have to report to JEE Main exam center?
Ans. Students are advised to report at least half an hour before the exam starts. The reporting time will be mentioned on JEE Main 2022 admit card.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.