JEE Main Result 2022 for B.E/B.Tech will be released online on the official website- nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates will be able to download their JEE Main 2022 scorecards using their application number and DOB. The top 2.5 lakhs JEE Main 2022 qualifiers will also be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2022. Check JEE Main Toppers
- NTA will also release JEE Main 2022 B.Arch/B.Plan Result on the official website after the declaration of B.E./B.Tech result.
- It should be noted that All India Ranks for JEE Main 2022 will be released after the declaration of results of all the phases. Check JEE Main Cut off
|JEE Main Marks Vs Percentile||JEE Main Cut off for Top NITs|
|JEE Main College Predictor||JEE Main Cut off for Top IIITs|
JEE Main Result 2022- Dates
|Events||February Dates||March Dates||April Dates||May Dates|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Date||3rd week of February 2022||4th week of March 2022||4th week of April 2022||1st week of June 2022|
|Display of JEE Main 2022 Answer key||2nd week of March 2022||2nd week of April 2022||2nd week of May 2022||3rd week of June 2022|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2022 Result||2nd week of March 2022||3rd week of April 2022||3rd week of May 2022||1st week of July 2022|
JEE Main 2022 Result- How to Check?
JEE Main Result 2022 will be released on the official website. JEE Main 2022 applicants will be able to check their results using the following steps mentioned below-
- Step 1: Visit the official website of JEE Main i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Search for JEE Main 2022 Result and click on it.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number and Date of Birth along with the security pin.
- Step 4: Submit the details to check JEE Main Result 2022.
- Step 5: Save and download JEE Main result and scorecard for future correspondence.
JEE Main scorecard contains candidate’s personal details like roll no., name, date of birth, father’s name, category and state code of eligibility. Apart from this, the individual marks in each subject with total marks in JEE Main 2022 paper will be mentioned in JEE Main Result page. The cut-off scores for JEE Advanced eligibility will also be shown as per the category.
Forgot your JEE Main 2022 Roll Number?
Since JEE Main 2022 Application Number is important to check the result, in case a candidate forgets his/her application number they can follow the steps below to retrieve the same-
- Application Number is mentioned in JEE Main 2022 Admit Card.
- If the admit card is not available, download it again from /nta.ac.in OR jeemain.nta.nic.in 2022 by using user ID and Password.
- JEE Main Application Number is also sent on the registered email ID at the time of registration. Candidates can check the same and then download their scorecard through JEE Main login.
- Application number and password can be retrieved using Forgot Password/ Forgot Application Number at jeemain.nta.nic.in 2022 session.
Details Mentioned on JEE Main 2022 Scorecard
Candidates can note that the following details will be mentioned in their JEE Main 2022 scorecards:
- Roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- State code of eligibility
- Marks obtained in JEE Main 2022 Paper 1 (Subject-wise and total)
- All India Rank
- Category rank
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2022
JEE Main Score Card Sample
JEE Main 2022 Rank Calculation
- JEE Main Result is determined using the process of normalization.
- Since the exam is held in various slots, the process of normalization of scores ensures that no aspirant is at a benefit or at loss due to this.
- JEE Main ranks are obtained on the basis of percentile score obtained in the exam.
- JEE Main Percentile Score: Percentile score is obtained on the basis of all the aspirants appearing in the exam. A percentile score can be defined as a value below which a certain percent of observations fall.
"The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored EQUAL TO OR BELOW (same or lower raw scores) that particular Percentile in that examination. Therefore the topper (highest score) of each session gets the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable. The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate Percentiles."
Read how to calculate JEE Main Percentile Score?
Stepwise Procedure of Preparation of JEE Main Rank List
Step I: Preparation of JEE Main result involves the following:
- JEE Main Raw score is calculated using the following formulae
- Along with the total score, for all the 3 subjects i.e. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, the percentile score is calculated separately using the following formula:
Step II: Compilation of NTA Score and Preparation of Overall Merit/Rank List
The percentile scores for the total raw score of different sessions as calculated above would be merged and called the NTA scores which will then be used for the compilation of results and preparation of overall Merit List/ Ranking. Candidates with equal total percentile score will be segregated using the tie resolving criteria.
JEE Main 2022 Tie-Breaking Criteria
The actual scores of candidates in JEE Main 2022 are used to calculate the ranks. AIR is affected directly by the scores obtained in JEE Main i.e. higher the scores, better the rank in Mains. In case, two or more candidates score equal marks, then the tie-breaking rule or inter-se-merit is applicable.
Tie-break criteria BE/B.Tech (other than IITs)
Tie-break criteria for B.Arch (other than IITs)
Tie-break criteria B. Planning (other than IITs)
Note: In case the tie is not broken, the candidates are given the same ranks while declaring JEE Main Result 2022.
Compilation and Display of JEE Main Result 2022
- NTA scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw scores.
- The calculated NTA score will be merged for the declaration of JEE Main result.
- The result shall comprise of the four NTA scores for each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) and the total for the best attempt.
- Those who have taken mutlipled attempts, their best of all scored shall be taken for preparation of the rank list.
JEE Main Score Vs Rank 2022
Here’s an expected JEE Main Score Vs Rank range estimate for the 2022 session:
|Score range||Rank range|
|275 - 284||100 - 200|
|260 - 274||200 - 500|
|250 - 259||500 - 1000|
|240 - 249||1000 - 1500|
|220 - 239||1500 - 3500|
|200 - 219||3500 - 6000|
|180 - 199||6000 - 9500|
|150 -180||9500 - 15000|
|120 - 149||15000 - 35000|
|<120||More than 35000|
JEE Main Marks vs Percentile Score
Candidates can refer to the table given below which gives JEE Main Marks vs Percentile score based on the previous year stats:
|JEE Main Marks||Percentile|
|360 to 310||100 - 99.98724751|
|309 to 299||99.985572 - 99.9740296|
|298 to 288||99.97589128 - 99.96258028|
|287 to 278||99.96146328 - 99.94424276|
|277 to 268||99.94098483 - 99.91929629|
|267 to 258||99.91836545 - 99.89081262|
|257 to 248||99.88643768 - 99.84845946|
|247 to 238||99.84510844 - 99.79959043|
|237 to 228||99.79679791 - 99.73294238|
|227 to 218||99.73005678 - 99.65475193|
|217 to 208||99.64888765 - 99.55273201|
|207 to 198||99.54919482 - 99.43609792|
|197 to 188||99.4200875 - 99.28958392|
|187 to 178||99.26473052 - 99.07781811|
|177 to 168||99.06329703 - 98.85683701|
|167 to 158||98.82509541 - 98.55710695|
|157 to 148||98.53104347 - 98.20040957|
|147 to 138||98.14939961 - 97.75686494|
|137 to 128||97.69477799 - 97.17648701|
|127 to 118||97.13841571 - 96.41990133|
|117 to 108||96.35511496 - 95.49744019|
|107 to 98||95.42678954 - 94.40128456|
|97 to 88||94.19473145 - 92.74709113|
|87 to 78||92.61891464 - 90.64227869|
|77 to 68||90.42902355 - 87.34180397|
|67 to 58||87.34180397 - 82.68016383|
|57 to 48||81.92571907 - 75.39020758|
|47 to 38||74.13450619 - 64.11300382|
|37 to 28||62.88839244 - 49.28762915|
|27 to 18||49.01228707 - 33.08815042|
|17 to 1||31.32570046 - 9.077538863|
JEE Main 2022 Answer Key
NTA will release JEE Main 2022 Answer Key and images of the response of the examinations at nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in. Given below are the steps to access JEE Main 2022 Answer Keys:
- Visit the page “JEE Main Login” to check JEE Main 2022 Answer Keys.
- Candidates unsatisfied with the captured responses can challenge by filling an online application form and paying INR 1000 per question.
- Payment can be made via credit/ debit card/BHIM UPI/Net Banking to check JEE Main answer keys.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable, however, in case the challenge is accepted by the Board, the fee for each accepted challenge is refunded on the candidate’s concerned card.
What After JEE Main Result 2022?
JEE Advanced 2022 Cut off
Candidates who will qualify JEE Advanced 2022 will be eligible for admission in IITs. Candidates have to qualify JEE Advanced cutoff 2022 individually for all three subjects and also aggregate for all three subjects to qualify the exam. JEE Advanced cutoff 2022 will be different for various categories. Read More
JEE Main 2022 Counselling
NTA is responsible for conducting JEE Main 2022 Paper. After the declaration of JEE Main result, NTA sends the data to seat allocation boards. The states of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha and some other institutions have joined JEE Main system, their admission criteria were notified by the concerned authorities. Check JEE Main Counselling
These states and institutes accept JEE Main result 2022 data for the purpose of seat allotment and counselling. JoSAA and CSAB are the responsible boards for the allocation of seats.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will hold the JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced candidates after the declaration of JEE Main Result 2022.
- There is a maximum of six rounds. Check JoSAA Counselling
- Candidates are called on the basis of their ranks in the JEE Main Rank List name wise.
- There are 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) participating institutes accepting the result of JEE Main 2022.
- The entire seat allocation and admission process would be managed through centralized JEE Main Counselling.
JEE Main 2022 Seat Allotment
- Candidates are allotted seats on the basis of their merit and availability of seats.
- Before the actual JEE Main Seat Allotment, mock allotment of seats will take place in two rounds.
- This allows candidates to know the seat allotment process and this way, they will also be able to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the main rounds.
- After the result declaration, the data will be handed over to CSAB/ JoSAA or the concerned State government/ institute for Seat allocation and admission procedure.
- Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)/Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to NITs/ IIITs/ CFTIs/ SFIs/ Others.
- The All India Rank shall be compiled and declared after the conduction of all the sessions of JEE Main 2022 Examination.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will hold JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced candidates after the declaration of JEE Main Result 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Toppers
- The list of JEE Main 2022 Toppers will be updated here for each session conducted.
- Candidates can meanwhile check previous year JEE Main Toppers from the section below-
JEE Main 2021 Phase 3 – 100 Percentilers
DUGGINENI VENKATA PANEESH
PASALA VEERA SIVA
POLU LAKSHMI SAI LOKESH REDDY
MADUR ADARSH REDDY
VELAVALI VENKATA KARTHIKEYA SAI VYDHIK
JOSYULA VENKATA ADITYA
JEE Main 2021 Toppers Phase 1 – 100 Percentilers
|Candidates Name||State of Eligibility|
|PRAVAR KATARIA||DELHI (NCT)|
|RANJIM PRABAL DAS||DELHI (NCT)|
|ANANTH KRISHNA KIDAMBI||GUJARAT|
JEE Main 2020 Toppers- September Session
Toppers of JEE Main Paper I for the September 2020 session have been mentioned below.
|Name of the Candidate||State|
|Landa Jitendra||Andhra Pradesh|
|Swayam Shashank Chube||Maharashtra|
|Y S S Narasimha Naidu||Andhra Pradesh|
|R Muhendar Raj||Rajasthan|
|Vadapalli Arvind Narasimha||Telangana|
|Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy||Telangana|
|Thadavarthi Vishnu Sri Sai Sankar||Andra Pradesh|
|Shiva Krishna Sagi||Telangana|
|Morreddigari Likhith Reddy||Telangana|
|Rachapalle Shashank Anirudh||Telangana|
|Rongala Arun Siddardha||Telangana|
JEE Main 2020 Topper Interviews- Read their Success Mantra
Know the preparation strategy of JEE Main 2020 toppers of January session who scored 100 percentile in the exam below:
|JEE Main 2020 Toppers||JEE Main 2020 Percentiles and preparation Strategy|
|Rongala Arun Siddardha||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep: Took coaching from Sri Chaitanya IIT academy, Madhapur and studied for 2 years, aiming for JEE Advanced. Click here to read the full interview|
|Landa Jitendra||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep: Referred to the study material provided by the coaching and followed NCERT books. Click here to read the full interview|
|Parth Dwivedi||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep Strategy: Attempt Chemistry section first, then Mathematics, and then Physics. Click here to read the full interview|
|Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep Strategy: Studied for 9 hours a day and relied on NCERT with some reference books like H.C.Verma for Physics. Click here to read the full interview|
JEE Main Result Statistics
JEE Main January result for B.E/B.Tech was declared on January 17, 2020. B.E/ B. Tech paper was conducted from January 7 – 9, 2020 in six shifts.
- A total number of 9,21,261 candidates registered for JEE Main B.E. /B. Tech. paper.
- Out of which, 8,69,010 appeared for the test.
- The examination was conducted across 570 examination centers in the country and abroad.
- A total number of 536 Observers, 213 City- Coordinators and 19 Regional Coordinators were deployed at these centres to oversee the smooth and fair conduct of the examination.
- 9 candidates who received NTA score 100 in JEE Main 2020 for January session B.E/ B. Tech Paper. Read About JEE Main B.E/ B. Tech Toppers
Gender and Category wise number of candidates registered for B.E./B.Tech
Gender and Category wise distribution of candidates who appeared for B.E./B.Tech
Gender and Category-wise Number of Candidates Registered for B.Arch
Gender and Category-wise Number of Candidates Appeared for B.Arch
JEE Main Result 2022 FAQs
Ques. When will NTA release JEE Main Result 2022?
Ans. JEE Main Result 2022 for each phase of the exam will be released 1-2 weeks after the conclusion of exam. Candidates will be able to check their results online on the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Ques. Do I have to fill the application form separately for each JEE Main participating college?
Ans. No, the entire seat allotment and admission process of all the participating colleges (22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 20 GFTIs) would be managed through centralized JEE Main 2022 Counselling. The seat allotment process of JEE Main is conducted by JoSAA
Ques. Where to check JEE Main Result 2022?
Ans. JEE Main Result 2022 will be declared on the official website at jeemain.nta.nic.in OR nta.ac.in. Candidates can follow the four simple steps mentioned below to download their JEE Main Score Card:
- Open the official website.
- Look for the link that reads “JEE Main 2022 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on the submit button and your JEE Main 2022 score is displayed on the screen.
Ques. How is JEE Main Rank/ Merit List prepared?
Ans. JEE Main 2022 Score is used to prepare All India Rank (AIR) List and State Merit Lists on the basis of which seats were allocated to NITs, IIITs and other Central and State Government funded institutes.
Ques. Which Board conducts the counselling for SFTIs and NEUTs?
Ans. For admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) conducts the counselling. While for SFTIs and NEUTs, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducts the counselling.
Ques. JEE Main site is not opening, what should I do?
Ans. If there is an issue with your browser, we suggest you clear your cache and retry. However, any technical issue with the official website will be fixed as soon as possible.
Ques. What is Normalization of Marks in JEE Main 2022?
Ans. The normalization criteria for the examination is as follows:
- Calculation of normalized marks is done without considering the Class XII marks.
- Candidates with 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in Class XII will qualify for JEE Advanced.
- Candidates within the top 20 percentile in their state board also qualify for JEE Main Counselling.
- Normalization is calculated with the number of candidates in the group with aggregate marks less than the candidate divided by the total number of candidates and multiplied by 100.
Ques. I appeared for JEE Main 2022 March session. Will NTA send my JEE Main 2022 result offline?
Ans. No. JEE Main results are only released online. No offline copy of scorecard is sent to the student. Candidates can download their JEE Main scorecard online through the official website.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.