JEE Main 2022- NTA is yet to announce JEE Main Exam Dates and JEE Main Registration Dates for the upcoming February session. JEE Main 2022 Registration will begin from first week of January (Tentative). The notification is expected to be published online on the official at nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in in the first week of January 2022.
What is JEE Main exam? JEE Main 2022 or the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is an undergraduate entrance test for B.Tech admissions in 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 19 GFTIs. JEE Main is also an eligibility test for admission in IITs through JEE Advanced. JEE Main Paper 1 is conducted for admission to B.E./B.Tech programs and Paper 2 is held for admission to B.Arch & B.Planning courses.
JEE Main 2022 Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) will be conducted in four sessions- February, March, April and May while JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch) will be conducted twice a year- February and May. However, due to the pending elections in five states, JEE Main 2022 first attempt is expected to be held in March followed by April, May and June.
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 in March 2021 or are appearing for the 2022 board exams are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022. Check JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Main is conducted online as a computer-based entrance test for a duration of 3 hours. JEE Main Exam Pattern had been revised last year. Check JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
- JEE Main 2022 Syllabus includes topics from Class 11 and 12 NCERT books. No new changes had been made to JEE Main Syllabus last year even after a 30% reduction in CBSE syllabus for Class 11 & 12. JEE Main 2022 Syllabus is also expected to remain unchanged. Download JEE Main 2022 Syllabus pdf
- Candidates preparing for JEE Main 2022 can appear for all the four sessions while the best percentile will be considered for admissions to engineering colleges in India. Check JEE Main Cut off
As only 2-3 months are left for JEE Main 2022, students should start their JEE Main 2022 Preparation. NTA has also released National Test Abyas App online to help JEE Main aspirants. Download JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
|JEE Main 2022 Official Website- Available Soon||JEE Main 2022 Information brochure- Available Soon|
JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates
JEE Main 2022 will be held in four sessions- February, March, April and May. Given below are the expected JEE Main 2022 exam dates for the four sessions of the exam:
|Events||JEE Main 2022 February Exam Dates|
|Release of Notification||1st week of January 2022|
|Starting of Registration process||1st week of January 2022|
|End of registration||2nd week of January 2022|
|Application Correction starts||4th week of January 2022|
|Release of Admit card||2nd week of February 2022|
|JEE Main Exam||3rd week of February 2022|
|Display of Answer key||2nd week of March 2022|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of March 2022|
|Counselling process starts||2nd week of July 2022|
JEE Main 2022 March Exam Dates
|Events||JEE Main 2022 March Exam Dates|
|Release of Notification||1st week of March 2022|
|Starting of Registration process||1st week of March 2022|
|End of registration||2nd week of March 2022|
|Application Correction starts||2nd week of March 2022|
|Release of Admit card||3rd week of March 2022|
|JEE Main Exam||4th Week of March 2022|
|Display of Answer key||2nd Week of April 2022|
|Declaration of Result||3rd Week of April 2022|
|Counselling process starts||2nd week of July 2022|
JEE Main 2022 Highlights
|Particulars||JEE Main Paper 1||JEE Main Paper 2|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main|
|Subject||B.E./B.Tech||B.Arch and B.Planning|
|Mode of Conduction||Computed Based Test||Computed Based Test; |
Pen and paper-based for Drawing section in B.Arch
|Duration||3 hours||3 hours (3.5 hours for both – B.Arch and B. Planning)|
|Exam Frequency||Four times a year (February, March, April and May sessions)||Two times a year (February and May sessions)|
|Total Registrants for Previous session||8,58,273|
|Total Marks||300 marks||400 marks|
|Total Questions Asked||90 questions||B.Arch – 82 questions; |
|Total Questions to be Answered||75 questions||B.Arch – 77 questions; |
B.Planning- 100 questions
|Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct response; |
-1 for each incorrect MCQ;
Unattempted questions will not be marked
|+4 for each correct response; |
-1 for each incorrect MCQ;
Unattempted questions will not be marked;
+50 for each Drawing Question
|Negative Marking||-1 for each incorrect response for MCQs|
|Medium of paper||English, Hindi, Urdu (All Center Cities) Regional Languages|
Other B.Tech Exams:
JEE Main 2022 Notification
- JEE Main 2022 Notification is expected to be out in the first week of January 2022. Along with the official notification, NTA will release the official brochure and detailed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Candidates can expect JEE Main 2022 Registration to begin soon after the release of the official notification.
- For 2021, the official JEE Main Notification was announced by the then Union Cabinet Minister for Education, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on December 20, 2020. Meanwhile, the registrations for the first session started soon after the announcement of the official notification.
- JEE Main 2021 Phase I (February Session) was held from February 23, 2021.
- Following a similar schedule as last year, candidates can expect the official notification and JEE Main 2022 Exam Date to be announced around the same dates.
JEE Main 2022 Application Form
You can register for the JEE Main 2022 exam online. You will apply for JEE Main 2022 starting in January 2022. Valid contact number and email address, credentials and other personal information, payment information, scanned photograph with name and date and scanned signature on a white page within the 3.5 x 1.5 cm box size are all needed. Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- To apply for the JEE Main Exam 2022, go to the page "Apply for JEE Main Exam 2022."
- Fill in the necessary information, such as exam-related information, medical, mailing, academic, and Guardian information, among other things.
- One by one, upload the scanned images according to the guidelines.
- Pay the application fee using a debit/credit card or an e-challan from Canara/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI Bank in the payment gateway portion.
- Candidates are recommended to print the confirmation page after paying their fees and keep it secure for future reference.
JEE Main Application Fee 2022
You may now be interested in learning about the free Jee Key application form 2022. The application fees for Jee Main 2022 are listed below. Take a look at the status below if you're looking for Jee Main 2022 application fees.
|Papers||Pen & Paper Based (Offline mode)||Computer-Based (Offline mode)|
|Exam Centers in India that have been chosen|
|Paper 1 or 2||500||1000||250||500|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||900||1800||650||1300|
|Exam Centers in a foreign country that have been chosen|
|Paper 1 or 2||1250||2500||1250||2500|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1900||3800||1900||3800|
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the online application form for JEE Main, candidates should make sure they meet the eligibility criteria. Read the details brochure carefully to make sure you meet all of the eligibility requirements. Candidates must meet the following requirements to be qualified for the JEE Main 2022 exam:
Age Requirement (Date of Birth) :
- Those born on or after October 1, 1997, are eligible to sit for the JEE Main 2022 test.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates, on the other hand, are eligible for 5-year age relaxation and must be born on or after October 1, 1992.
- The date of birth on the candidate's higher secondary education (10th) certificate will be taken into account.
Criteria for Eligibility :
- In the years 2021 or 2022, applicants must have passed 10+2 (Intermediate) or an equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- Candidates who took the 12th class exam in 2019 but did not pass the exam are ineligible to take the exam again, even though they pass the exam later.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics must be required subjects in the qualifying test.
- Candidates who take the qualifying exam will also be considered.
- Candidates who have completed three-year diploma programs will be accepted as well.
- Specified Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts permitted for JEE Main is limited to three. It means that if a candidate fails to pass JEE main in the first attempt, he or she will take the next two exams.
Admissions to IITs, NITs, and CFTIs are based on the following criteria:
For admission to IITs, NITs, and CFTIs, candidates must achieve a minimum of 75% in their 12th examination or be in the top 20%ile of their respective boards. SC/ST applicants, on the other hand, must achieve a minimum score of 65 percent.
JEE Main 2022: What’s New?
NTA had introduced a number of changes in JEE Main last year. This was due to various factors such as COVID-19, reduction in 30% syllabus of CBSE Class 11 & 12, etc. Some of the major changes made in JEE Main 2022 are:
- Increase in the Number of Sessions: NTA has increased the total number of sessions in JEE Main. The exam will now be conducted in fours sessions for B.E./B.Tech paper (February, March, April and May) and in two sessions for B.Arch and B.Planning paper (February and May).
- Increase in the Number of Attempts: NTA has increased the toat attempts for JEE Main. Eligible candidates can now sit for all the sessions of the exam. Check JEE Main 2022 Attempts
- Exam to be held in 13 languages: JEE Main 2022 will be held in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- New Exam Pattern: NTA had revised the exam pattern last year. JEE Main Question Paper is now divided into two sections- Section A (consisting of MCQs) and Section B (consisting of numerical-type questions). Candidates will have a choice to answer any 5 numerical type questions out of the total 10 questions asked in the exam. Check JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
- Best of JEE Main Scores out of the four sessions: To calculate the AIR, NTA will use the best of the four-session scores.
- Refundable JEE Main Registration Fee: Since a candidate is eligible to apply for all the four sessions of JEE Main, in case a candidate fails to appear for the exam he/she can get their registration fee refunded. The candidate can apply for a refund during the same JEE Main Registration session.
- Class 12th marks: To be eligible for admission through JoSAA Counselling, candidates require a minimum 75% in Class 12th. However, this criteria has been scrapped for the last two years because of COVID-19.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
- JEE Main is conducted through three papers –
- B.E/ B.Tech,
- B.Architecture and
- B.Planning Papers.
- JEE Main 2022 Exam pattern has undergone some major changes last year. For the first time choices had been introduced for questions considering the reduction in the syllabus by CBSE and other state boards. Although total questions in each of the 3 papers have been increased, the total marks for the papers remain the same as the previous years.
- Marking Scheme of JEE Main 2022 is as follows:
- For MCQs:+4 for each correct response; -1 for each incorrect response; Unattempted questions will not be marked.
- For Non- MCQs: +4 for each correct response, no negative marking for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
- For Drawing Test: 2 questions of 100 marks
JEE Main B.E/B.Tech Paper Pattern
|Subjects||Maximum Questions Asked||Maximum Questions to Answer||Marks|
JEE Main B. Arch Paper Pattern
|Subjects||Maximum Questions Asked||Maximum Questions to Answer||Marks|
JEE Main B. Planning Paper Pattern
|Subjects||Maximum Questions Asked||Maximum Questions to Answer||Marks|
|Ace JEE Main 2022 Physics Section||Ace JEE Main 2022 Chemistry Section||Ace JEE Main 2022 Mathematics Section|
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
- JEE Main 2022 Syllabus will be released along with the official brochure at jeemain.nta.nic.in/ nta.ac.in.
- JEE Main Syllabus had not been impacted with the 30% reduction in CBSE class XI and XII syllabus. To address the issue, NTA had introduced choices in JEE Main Question Paper instead.
- The same is expected to be followed this year too.
|Mathematics||Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Sets, Relations, and Functions, Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations, Matrices And Determinants, Permutations And Combinations, Trigonometry, Probability, and others.|
|Physics||Electromagnetic waves, optics, thermodynamics, electronic devices, physics and measurement, kinematics, laws of motion, work, energy and power, rotational motion, gravity, electrostatics, magnetic effects of current, communication systems, and so on|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox Reaction & Thermo-chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen, s & p-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Some Basic Concepts Of Chemistry, States Of Matter, Organic Nitrogen Compounds, and so on.|
|Aptitude||Surfaces and objects associated with Architecture and as building elements. Familiarization with places, relevant people, structures/buildings and materials/objects. Capability of visualizing various sides of 3D items. Transformation capabilities of 3D objects from 2D drawings. Mental Capability of Analytical & Reasoning concepts. Structure and drawing of geometrical or dynamic shapes & examples in pencil. 3D perception: Analyzing and developing concepts about scale and object proportions, building structures & components, shading surface, agreement, and complexity.|
|Drawing Test||Portraying of scenes and exercises from memory of urbanscape and scenes for open spaces, festivals, markets, road scenes, landmarks, recreational spaces, waterway fronts, wildernesses, trees, plants, etc. Making two dimensional and three-dimensional pieces utilizing given shapes and structures.|
|Planning||General Awareness with regard to government programs/schemes, development issues etc. Critical thinking, Comprehension, Analytical skills, Map reading skills, Graphs, Charts, Simple statistics etc. CBSE Class X Social Sciences|
JEE Main Important Chapters’ Study Notes
|JEE Main Thermodynamics||JEE Main Coordinate Geometry|
|JEE Main Quadratic Equations||JEE Main Mathematical Reasoning|
|JEE Main Trigonometry||JEE Main Electromagnetic Waves|
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips
To pass the JEE Main 2022 exam, candidates must formulate a proper plan. Here are some useful hints for better planning:
- Examine the entire JEE Main 2022 syllabus and exam pattern since knowing the exam pattern and syllabus is crucial to passing the exam.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of 11th and 12th-grade topics such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Begin by reviewing NCERT books and previous year's question papers.
- Candidates should make a list of relevant topics for last-minute revision.
- Work hard and complete the model papers and sample questions within the allotted time. Check JEE Main Sample Question Papers
- Solve the simple questions first, then move on to the more challenging questions, keeping in mind the time limit.
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips - Mathematics
Here are some things candidates have to keep in mind while preparing for JEE Main Mathematics 2022:
- Clear basics like: Algebra, basics of Geometry (Similarity and Congruence of triangles, circles etc.), number theory, Set Theory, Probability and Statistics
- Make a cheat sheet of formulas from Mensuration, and Algebra and differentiation and come back to it whenever you need to revise.
- Advanced topics such as Binomial Theorem, Calculus etc. can be covered if the basics are properly thorough
- Important topics that candidates have to keep their mind on are as follows:
|JEE Main Mathematics Topics||Weightage|
|Matrices and Determinants||7%|
|Sequence and Series||7%|
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips - Chemistry
Here is a list of important tips and tricks for JEE Main Chemistry Preparation 2022:
- Start with basic topics like Acids, Bases and pH, Atomic Structure, Electrochemistry, Units and Measurement, Chemical Bonding, Periodic Table.
- Stick a copy of the periodic table somewhere you look at daily, this way you will be able to passively memorise the periodic table.
- Since chemistry has a lot of equations and other names to memorise, candidates can use mnemonic devices, flash cards and mind maps to prepare.
- Here are some important topics for JEE Main Chemistry Preparation:
|Physical Chemistry||Mole Concept Atomic Structure Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry|
|Organic Chemistry||General Organic Chemistry Named Reactions Organic Synthesis|
|Inorganic Chemistry||P-block elements Properties of atoms|
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips - Physics
Given below are some preparation tips for JEE Main Physics:
- Some basic topics candidates can start with include Energy, Electricity, Particle model of matter, Atomic structure, Forces, Waves, Magnetism and electromagnetism
- For learning the formulas, candidates can use mnemonic devices. For eg. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Power equals I squared R Explanation: power in watts = V * V * I (or in SI P = U * I)
- Determining the torque and moment of inertia of regular bodies using the theorem of parallel and perpendicular axes is an important section in JEE Main Physics. Practice several questions like this.
- One of the simplest and most important topics is Kinematics in Physics. Prepare well for this topic.
- Modern Physics is considered a scoring topic.
- Properly learn the principles of Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics, Joules Law and the First Law of Thermodynamics.
JEE Main Preparation Time Table
Thorough and consistent preparation is the key to success. Given below is a daily timetable candidate can follow until the exam is approaching:
|Time||Activity||Topics to be covered||Time durations|
|7:45 – 8:00||Wake up and freshen up/prepare for studying|
|8:00-9:00||Breakfast and some Physical Exercise (Walking, Jogging, Cycling, Gym etc.)|
|10:30 – 11:00||Breakfast|
|11:00 – 12:25||Study||Mathematics||1.5 hours|
|12:25 - 12:45||10 minute break (no screens/books)|
|12:45 - 2:00||Study||Mathematics||1.5 hours|
|2:00 – 3:30||Lunch/ Sleep and Leisure time|
|3:30 – 6:00||Study||Physics||2.5 hours|
|6:00 – 6:30||A short break and Leisure time|
|6:30 – 8:30||Study||Attempt any mock test or Practice previous years question paper||2 hours|
|8:30 – 9:30||Break/ Dinner and Leisure time|
|9:30- 11:30||Revision||Revise all the topics studied the whole day, Analyse your mock test||2 hours|
JEE Main 3 month Preparation Plan
|Month||Subject||Topics to be Covered|
|First||Physics||Heat, Thermodynamics. Work, Energy, Power, Gravitation, Units, Dimensions, Modern Physics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity|
|Chemistry||Mole Concepts, Stoic biometry, Solid State, Nuclear & Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical, Principles of Qualitative Analysis Ionic Equilibrium|
|Mathematics||Theory of Probability, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Quadratic equations and expressions, Sequence and series, Complex numbers|
|Second||Physics||Motion in 1D, projectile and circular motion, Laws of Motion, Rotational Dynamics, Magnetic effects and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics|
|Chemistry||Solutions & Coordination Compounds, Transition Elements & Metallurgy. General Organic Chemistry, Manes, Alkenes, Alkynes, States of Matter, Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding|
|Mathematics||Straight Lines and pair of lines, Functions, and Graphs, Matrices & Determinants, Differential calculus, Trigonometric Functions, Inverse trig. Functions|
|Third||Physics||Alternating current, Oscillation of waves, Properties of Matter|
|Chemistry||Alkyl Halides, Halo Arenes and Alcohols, Amines, Amino acids and Peptides, Practical Organic Chemistry, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, s and p block elements|
|Mathematics||Integral Calculus. Differential Equations, Vector Algebra & 3 D Geometry Trig. Equations, Properties of Triangle, Circles, and Conic Section|
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can download Subject and paper wise JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers from the links given below:
|JEE Main Mathematics Question Papers||Download Here|
|JEE Main Physics Question Papers||Download Here|
|JEE Main Chemistry Question Papers||Download Here|
|JEE Main B.Arch and B.Plan Papers||Download Here|
Apart from practicing JEE Main previous year question papers, candidates can practice by solving previous year question papers of other B.Tech entrance examinations conducted in India. Since the syllabus of each of the B.Tech entrances is quite similar, solving as many question papers will be helpful for the candidate to track their preparation and also work on their speed.
Check Similar B.Tech Exam Question Papers:
|WBJEE Question Papers||MHT-CET Question Papers||KCET Question Papers|
|KEAM Question Papers||AP EAPCET Question Papers||TS EAMCET Question Papers|
How to Approach JEE Main 2022 Question Paper? Section-wise Ideal Attempts
With the increasing competition in JEE Main, it is a must for the candidates to set specific targets. Here are some section-wise tips which can assist you in finding the accurate paper attempting approach:
- Mathematics: Mathematics level has been easy to moderate for 3 years and topics like Matrices, Vector 3D, Determinants are some of the high scoring topics.
- A person is likely to score 45-50 marks if he/she attempts 20 questions in Mathematics with 60% accuracy provided the candidate attempts all integer questions(non-negative questions).
- More emphasis should be laid on attempting integer questions rather than single-choice questions.
- Physics: For the last 5 years, Physics has been the toughest section. The section includes a lot of lengthy questions. The numerical part of the paper is generally asked from the 11th standard whereas the conceptual part is mostly from the 12th standard.
- With a 70% accuracy, if a candidate attempts 15 questions of the Physics section, he/she can score more than 30 marks.
- Chemistry: The Chemistry section is believed to be the easiest one where organic and inorganic questions are more of a conceptual type. These questions should be given more focus due to direct correspondence with respective options.
- If a candidate is able to attempt 22 Chemistry questions with 80% accuracy, he/she can score more than 60 marks.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Centers
|SN.||City Name||SN.||City Name|
|1.||Andaman and Nicobar||19.||Arunachal Pradesh|
|4.||Dadra Nagar Haveli||22.||Daman & Diu|
|9.||Karnataka||27.||Jammu and Kashmir|
Check JEE Main Exam Centers
JEE Main Admit Card 2022
Before the test, candidates who have completed the JEE Main 2022 can download the admit card from the official website - jeemain.nta.nic.in. Without a valid JEE Main admit card, no one will be permitted to take the entrance exam.
- When the invigilator or some other interested person requests it, you must display the admit card.
- Candidates must ensure that all information on the admit card is right, including their name, date of birth, and exam date.
- If a candidate discovers a difference, he or she must report it to the appropriate authority.
- When attending the test, you must bring your admit card as well as a valid photo ID such as an Aadhar card, a voter card, a driver's license, or a passport.
JEE Main 2022 Reservation
|Categories||JEE Main Reservation Percentage|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer – NCL, where the annual income of family < Rs. 8 lakh)||27%|
|General Economically Weaker Section (General- EWS)||10%|
|Person with Disabilities (PwD) (Within Every Category)||5%|
Check JEE Main Reservation
JEE Main 2022 Answer Key
- NTA will release JEE Main answer keys and scanned copies of OMR sheets for Paper-I Paper-II and Paper 3, following the successful completion of the JEE Main 2022 exam.
- JEE Main Answer Keys can be found on the official website by the candidate.
- Candidates can now review their responses and measure their expected scores with the aid of response keys and OMR sheets.
- Candidates can challenge JEE Main official Answer Key by paying INR 200 per challenge.
JEE Main 2022 Result
- JEE Main Result contains JEE Main scores, percentile and rank.
- Top 2,50,000 test takers of JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2022.
- For those who have taken multiple attempts, their best of all the scores shall be taken for preparation of the rank list.
- No one will receive a Rank card in the mail from the responsible authority.
JEE Main 2022 College Predictor
- Collegedunia’s exclusive JEE Main 2022 college predictor assists candidates in finding their suitable colleges.
- JEE Main College Predictor uses the opening and closing ranks of previous year counseling data and predicts the most suitable college options to pursue Engineering in India.
- Candidates can also narrow down the available options by adding specific filters such as their preferred city or course they wish to pursue.
- Candidates can also use their scores in mock tests to predict and get an idea about the colleges they will be accepted in based on those scores.
- JEE Main 2022 College Predictor will assist the student in making a decision by providing information about colleges, accepting scores, and other details about NITs, IIITs, GFTIs and other participating colleges. Check JEE Main College Predictor
JEE Mains 2022 Marks vs Percentile
- JEE Main Percentage defines a candidate’s marks, whereas Percentile defines the position of the candidate amongst others.
- If a student says he/she has 90 percentile, this means that there are 10 percent students above him/her who have secured higher marks.
- Here’s an expected JEE Main Marks vs Percentile range estimate for 2022 session:
|JEE Main Marks||JEE Main Percentile|
|271 - 299||99.9946- 99.999|
|263 - 270||99.9904 - 99.9943|
|250 - 262||99.977 - 99.987|
|241 - 250||99.962 - 99.974|
|231 - 240||99.931- 99.955|
|211 - 220||99.854 - 99.897|
|201 - 210||99.792 - 99.846|
|191 - 200||99.712 - 99.782|
|181 - 190||99.599 - 99.681|
|171 - 180||99.454 - 99.577|
|161 - 170||99.278 - 99.435|
|151 - 160||99.08- 99.26|
|131 - 140||98.42 - 98.78|
|121 - 130||97.81- 98.15|
|111 - 120||97.50 - 97.79|
|101 - 110||96.53 - 97.26|
|91 - 100||95.99 - 96.06|
|81 - 90||93.23 - 95.32|
|71 - 80||91.81 - 93.76|
|61 - 70||87.91 - 91.03|
|51 - 60||82.06 - 86.63|
|41 - 50||73.43 - 81.15|
|31 - 40||58.25 - 71.88|
|21 - 30||37.70 - 56.63|
|11 - 20||13.50 - 33.23|
|0 - 10||0.89 - 0.90|
|(-19) - (-10)||0.86 - 0.88|
JEE Main 2022 Cut Off
- JEE Main 2022 Cut Off can be divided into the Qualifying Cut off and the Admission Cut off.
- JEE Main 2022 Qualifying Cut off will be released by NTA after the declaration of results. Meanwhile, for admissions to NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs, JEE Main Admission Cut off will be released by JoSAA in the form of opening and closing ranks.
|Category||Minimum Scores||Maximum Scores|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||87.8992241||100.0000000|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||66.2214845||87.8950071|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||68.0234447||87.8950071|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||46.8825338||87.8950071|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||34.6728999||87.8474721|
|People with Disabilities (PwD)||0.0096375||87.8273359|
JEE Main 2022 Admission Cut off
- Candidates can use the links given below to download PDFs for JEE Main Admission Cut off available in the form of Opening and Closing Ranks as released by JoSAA for the previous session.
- Through the previous year JEE Main Cut off stats, candidates can have an exact idea of what to expect from JEE Main 2022 Admission Cut offs.
|Rounds||JoSAA Admission Cutoff 2021- Opening and Closing Ranks|
|Round 1||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|Round 2||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|Round 3||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|Round 4||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|Round 5||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|Round 6||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
Top Engineering Colleges in India
|Name||State||NIRF Score||NIRF Ranking 2020||NIRF Ranking 2019|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras||Tamil Nadu||89.93||1||1|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi||Delhi||88.08||2||2|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay||Maharashtra||85.08||3||3|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur||Uttar Pradesh||82.18||4||5|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur||West Bengal||80.56||5||4|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee||Uttarakhand||76.29||6||6|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati||Assam||74.90||7||7|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad||Telangana||66.44||8||8|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu||64.10||9||10|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore||Madhya Pradesh||62.88||10||13|
Other Colleges Accepting JEE Main 2022 Scores
JEE Main 2022 – Admission at NITs
- The admission policy for NIT states is that out of the total number of seats, 50 percent of the seats will be reserved for students of the particular state where the NIT is located.
- The other 50 percent of seats will be granted based on All India Rank (AIR) of students from other states.
- A candidate can avail of a scholarship based on their class XII performance and JEE Main Score.
Top 15 NITs as per NIRF Ranking
|National Institute Of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu||10|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute Of Technology||Gujarat||15|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology, Nagpur (Deemed University)-Nagpur||Maharashtra||18|
|National Institute Of Technology, Rourkela-Rourkela||Odisha||19|
|National Institute Of Technology, Karnataka-Mangalore||Karnataka||22|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology||Uttar Pradesh||23|
|National Institute Of Technology, Warangal||Telangana||28|
|National Institute Of Technology, Durgapur||West Bengal||30|
|National Institute Of Technology, Calicut||Kerala||35|
|Malaviya National Institute Of Technology, Jaipur||Rajasthan||37|
|Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute Of Technology, Jalandhar||Punjab||42|
|National Institute Of Technology, Kurukshetra||Haryana||48|
|NIT Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh||51|
|National Institute Of Technology, Agartala||Tripura||52|
Must Read on NITs:
- NIT Delhi, Cut off, Admission, Fees
- NIT Patna – Cut off, Ranking, Admission
- JEE Main Cut off for Top NITs
JEE Main 2022 Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. When will NTA release JEE Main 2022 exam date?
Ans. NTA is expected to release JEE Main 2022 notification in the first week of January 2022. The exam dates for JEE Main 2022 will be released along with the official notification. Check JEE Main 2022 Exam Date
Ques. How many times will JEE Main 2022 be held?
Ans. As per the new mandate, JEE Main 2022 Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) will be conducted 4 times, tentatively in February, March, April and May. Meanwhile, JEE Main 2022 Paper II (B.Arch & B.Planning) will be conducted twice, tentatively in February and May. Eligible candidates will be able to appear in all four sessions of the exam. Check JEE Main 2022 Attempts
Ques. Is JEE Main 2022 application form released?
Ans. No. JEE Main 2022 Application Form for the first session is expected to be out soon, tentatively in the first week of January 2022. For 2021, JEE Main Registration started on December 20, 2020. Following a similar timeline, candidates can expect JEE Main 2022 Registration to begin soon for the February session. Check JEE Main 2022 Registration
Ques. Would JEE Main 2022 syllabus be altered/ reduced?
Ans. Since no changes had been made to JEE Main Syllabus last year even after a reduction in 30% syllabus by CBSE and other boards, the syllabus for JEE Main 2022 is most likely remain the same. However, in case of any changes made to JEE Main 2022 Syllabus by NTA, the same will be updated here after the official announcement. Check JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
Ques. Are there any changes that are likely to be implemented in JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern?
Ans. JEE Main Exam Pattern had been revised last year with internal choice provided to candidates in NATs. Out of the total 10 NATs asked, candidates had to answer any 5. JEE Main 2021 was also conducted in 13 languages. JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern is expected to be on the same line. However, any changes made in the exam pattern will be updated here after the release of the official notification. Check JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
Ques. Is there any change in JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria?
Ans. NTA will release JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria along with the official notification. Any changes made to the eligibility will be updated here. NTA had earlier relaxed JEE Main eligibility criteria. Minimum 75% marks required in Class 12 had been scrapped. According to this, candidates who clear JEE Main were only required to have passed Class12th irrespective of the score obtained by them.
Ques. Who can apply for JEE Main 2022?
Ans. Candidates who have qualified 10+2 or are appearing in 2022 from a recognized central or state board are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022 provided they fulfill the other eligibility criteria laid down by NTA.
- Candidates appearing for B.E./ B.Tech (Paper 1) must have Physics and Mathematics along with one of these subjects Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology in Class 12th.
- Candidates appearing for B. Arch. (Paper 2) must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level and should also have secured above 50% marks in each subject.
- Candidates appearing for B. Planning (Paper 3) must have Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12.
Ques. I am from Nepal. Can I apply for JEE Main 2022?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for JEE Main 2022. International students who fulfill JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria are eligible to apply for the exam. Candidates applying for JEE Main 2022 from Nepal must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their subject. Check JEE Main 2022 for International Applicants
Ques. Will JEE 2022 be tough?
Ans. The difficulty level of JEE Main 2022 will depend completely on your level of preparation. Almost 10 lakh candidates appear for JEE Main every year. With an increase in the number of candidates competing for a few thousand seats in NITs and other colleges, the competition is high. However, with the government's efforts to ease up this competition, JEE Main difficulty level has shown a slight drop in the last few years. Candidates who took the test stated that a few questions in the exam were straightforward and based directly on NCERT books. The few trick questions asked in the exam were easy to solve with a firm foundation in basics and a good amount of practice. Candidates found the Chemistry section to be the easiest while Mathematics and Physics were a little difficult involving lengthy calculations and concept-based questions. Candidates are therefore encouraged not to think about whether JEE Main 2022 will be tough, but ace their exam preparation. Check JEE Main 2022 Preparation
Ques. What is the difference between JEE Main and JEE Advanced?
Ans. JEE Main and JEE Advanced are both national-level entrance exams conducted for B.E./B.Tech admissions at engineering colleges in India. JEE Main offers admission to various NITs, IIITs, GFTIs and other private institutions while JEE Advanced scores are used solely for admission to IITs in India. Top 2,50,000 candidates who qualify JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced exam. JEE Main vs JEE Advanced- What are the differences?
Ques. Is the syllabus for JEE Main and JEE Advanced the same?
Ans. No. Applicants must note that JEE Advanced syllabus is not the same as that of JEE Main. Candidates can check the differences between the syllabus of JEE Main and JEE Advanced as mentioned below:
- Topics not included in JEE Advanced: Sets, Mathematical Induction, Statistics, Mathematical reasoning.
- Topics included in JEE Advanced: Harmonic Progressions.
- Topics not included in JEE Advanced: Semiconductors and Communication systems, Magnetism and Matter, Diffraction, Bulk modulus and modulus of rigidity, and Polarisation.
- Topics included in JEE Advanced: Bohr’s Model.
- Topics not included in JEE Advanced: F Block elements, Hydrogen, Environmental Chemistry, and Chemistry in everyday life.
- Topics included in JEE Advanced: Normality and equivalent weight.
Ques. How should I prepare for JEE Main 2022?
Ans. JEE Main 2022 Preparation strategy will completely depend on your schedule. The best way to create a study plan for the same. Try to cover 1-2 topics from each subject daily. Concentrate on understanding the essential concepts and thoroughly comprehending each one. Solve as many previous year JEE Main Question Papersas possible. Work on your speed and calculations. Speak to your teachers, gather the best books and resources for JEE Main 2022 Preparation. Apart from previous year question papers, you can also practice by solving free Mock Tests available on the official website of NTA. Check JEE Main 2022 Preparation
Ques. Can I enroll in online or other forms of coaching for JEE Main 2022?
Ans. Yes, aspirants may benefit from online or offline coaching from a reputable institution for JEE Main 2022. This will help them improve their training by giving them access to more refined research materials, topic experts, and other resources. Check Top JEE Main Coaching Institutes in India
Ques. What is JEE Main Cut off?
Ans. JEE Main Cut off can be broadly divided into Qualifying Cutoff and Admission Cut off. Qualifying Cut off refers to the minimum scores required by candidates in JEE Main exam to qualify for B.Tech/ B.Arch admissions. Meanwhile, admission cut off refers to the minimum JEE Main ranks/scores accepted by colleges for admission to their B.Tech/B.Arch courses. JEE Main Qualifying Cut off had a slight drop last year. The table below highlights the qualifying JEE Main Cut off for 2021 and 2020 for reference.
|Category||Minimum Scores (2021)||Minimum Scores (2020)|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||87.8992241||90.3765335|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||66.2214845||70.2435518|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||68.0234447||72.8887969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||46.8825338||50.1760245|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||34.6728999||39.0696101|
|People with Disabilities (PwD)||0.0096375||0.0618524|
Ques. What are the important topics in JEE Main Paper 1?
Ans. Although all the topics from JEE Main Syllabus are important. However, a few topics have a high weightage in the question paper as compared to other. Some of these important topics from JEE Main Syllabus based on the previous year analysis are:
- Physics: Current Electricity & Heat Transfer, Dimensional Analysis, Gravitation & Electro-statistics, Geometrical Optics, Waves & Sounds, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases and Rotational Dynamics and Electromagnetic Induction.
- Chemistry: Mole concept & the concept of equivalents, Redox reactions, Electrochemistry, Thermodynamics, and Chemical Equilibrium, Carbonyl Compounds & their derivatives, Coordination chemistry, Chemical bonding, and Qualitative analysis.
- Mathematics: Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Circles, and Family of Circles, Sequence, and Series, Probability, Vectors, Quadratic equations and expressions, Complex numbers, Matrices, Hyperbola in coordinate geometry, Parabola; Functions, Continuity & Differentiability, Limits, Application of derivatives and Definite integral in calculus.
Ques. Is JEE Main required for IIT?
Ans. JEE Main is compulsory for B.Tech/B.Arch admissions in IITs and NITs. It act as qualifying test followed by JEE Advanced exam. Top 2,5000 rank holders in JEE Main are allowed to sit for JEE Advanced.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.