KEAM Counselling 2022 will tentatively commence in the 4th week of July, 2022. Commissioner for Entrance Examination (CEE) Kerala will commence counselling registration after KEAM 2022 Results are announced in the 1st week of July 2022. Check KEAM 2022 Result
- Candidates will be able to register for KEAM Counselling 2022 online or at the Facilitation Centers (FC).
- Afrer KEAM 2022 Counselling, candidates will be allotted seats according to choices opted by them and eligibility. Check KEAM Seat Allotment
- Counselling registration will be followed by Selection of Courses and College, Filter Option, Trial Allotment, FInal Allotment, Seat Acceptance Fee Payment, Reporting to Allotted College.
- KEAM Counselling 2022 would be based on the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) based on the ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination and the qualified candidates have to register separately for the counselling process. Check KEAM Cutoff
KEAM Counselling 2022: Important Dates
|KEAM Counselling 2022: Round 1|
|Registration, Document upload||4th week of July, 2022|
|Options Selection/Choice Locking||4th week of July, 2022|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment Result||1st week of August 2022|
|Confirmation of Seat by Payment||1st week of August 2022|
|KEAM Counselling 2021: Round 2|
|Options Selection/Choice Locking||3rd week of September 2022|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment Result||3rd week of September 2022|
|Confirmation of Seat by Payment||3rd week of September 2022|
|KEAM Spot Counselling (vacant seats)|
|Options Selection/Choice Locking||2nd week of October 2022|
|Seat Allocation||2nd week of October 2022|
|Confirmation of seat||2nd week of October 2022|
KEAM Counselling 2022: Eligibility Criteria
In order to participate in KEAM Counselling 2022, aspirants are required to fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- Name in KEAM 2022 Rank List: Those candidates who are included in the different rank list prepared and published by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala are eligible to register their options in the stream concerned.
- Other Eligibiliry : KEAM aspirants registering their options must ensure that they are able to satify other eligibility regarding Nativity, Acadimc Qualifications and Age.
Eligibility for KEAM Counselling 2022 should be satisfied on the date of admission for various courses. If candidates are found ineligible at the time of document verification and admission process, then their candidature will stand cancelled.
KEAM Counselling Process 2022
After the declaration of KEAM 2022 Results, the counselling process would commence within two-three weeks of the declaration of the results.KEAM counselling process will be conducted completely online through CAP and SWS (Single Window Systems). The steps of the counselling process are enumerated below -
Step 1: KEAM Counselling Registration
Any student who clear KEAM cutoff required for - Government Institutions, Government controlled Self- Financing Institutes and the Self- Financing Colleges are eligible to register for the process. Registrations will be completed online on the official website. Candidates can follow the steps below to register:
- Visit the official website or the direct link mentioned above.
- Click on the link for KEAM 2022 Candidate Portal
- Login using our required credentials.
- Enter your key number and password mentioned on the security card.
Check - KEAM College Predictor
Step 2: Upload Required Documents
The candidate would be required to upload a number of documents while registering for KEAM Counselling. Candidates can find the list of all the important documents required for registering for counselling in the section below. 10+2 marksheet and certificate (Provisional in case the certificate isn’t awarded yet), ID proof, etc. will be required.
Step 3: Selection/Choice Filling during Registrations
In this part of the registration process candidates would be required to choose among a list of colleges and courses as per his ranking in the KEAM 2021 exam keeping the cutoff scores in mind. The candidate is required to lock his choices, in the order of their preference and save them
Step 3: Trial Seat allotment
Before the first seat allotment result, CEE would initiate a trial seat allotment result to get the candidates familiarised with the process. The seats allotted in this process are not to be considered permanently allotted and may change in the final allotment list.
Step 4 : Final KEAM Seal Allotment result
Subsequently, a final list of allotment results would be released on the institutes website which would allot a candidate a particular course and college based upon - his preference, cutoff of the institute, rank and category of the candidate. If the candidate is unable to score a place in this list he would automatically be considered for the next allotment round.
Step 5: Payment for the confirmation of the allotted seat
In order to accept the seat allotted to him/her for admission, a candidate has to pay a certain amount as a confirmation fee. Any candidate failing to submit the seat confirmation fee, would be deprived of any claim to the seat and the seat would be allotted to another eligible candidate in the subsequent rounds.
Step 6: Reporting at the selected college, fee payment and document verification
The final step would consist of the candidates physically reporting at the institute for which he has played the confirmation fees and getting his document verified.It is to be remembered the candidate should be able to present his original documentation (Marks sheet and the certificate) at this point, any student failing to do so would be rejected from admission.
KEAM Seat allotment would be carried in two or three rounds, depending upon the number of seats available for the academic year. The allotment process would be concluded by a special vacant seat ‘spot’ allotment round if needed.
KEAM Counselling 2022: Documents Required
The documents required as a part of KEAM counselling 2022 are -
- Proof Date of Birth - Birth Certificate/10th marksheet
- T/C from the school
- Character/Conduct Certificate (during the verification process)
- Original Marksheet of the qualifying exam (during the verification process)
- Original Pass certificate/degree of the qualifying exam (during the verification process)
- Migration certificate (if required)
- Physical fitness as per the required format and released by the relevant authorities.
- KEAM 2022 Admit Card
- Allotment memo as given by CEE (during the verification process)
- Proof of payment of seat confirmation fees (during the verification process)
KEAM Counselling 2022: Reservation of Seats
The table below includes the reservations criteria for seats allotted at KEAM Participating Colleges in 2021. Any change in reservation of seats will be updated here
|Categories||Details||Percent of Reservation|
|State Merit (SM)||Depending upon the KEAM rank which in turn is based on the KEAM scores and the 10+2 Marks.||60%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Seats reserved for SC candidates.||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes||Seats reserved for ST candidates.||2%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC)|| ||30%|
How to Register for Options in KEAM Counselling 2022?
- Candidates can register all the available options if he/she desires so. However, it is not compulsory to exercise all the options.
- A candidate will not be allotted a seat in a course of a college if he/she has not opted the course college combination during option registration process of CAP 2022.
- A candidate is bound to accept an allotment as per the priority registered in the Options list and has to surrender the seat already occupied by them if he/she is allotted based on options furnished against future vacancy. Request to retain the existing admission after an allotment is made, based on the option registered, will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Failure to report for admission in the allotted institution, after remitting the required fee within the stipulated time will result in the forfeiture of his/her allotment to that course and cancellation of all the existing options in the stream to which that allotment belongs.
- For each phase of CAP 2022 subsequent to the initial phase, confirmation of the higher order options by logging in to the Option Registration Page and clicking the ‘confirm’ button is mandatory to participate in that Phase of allotment even if no cancellation/re-arrangement of options is desired.
- Non-confirmation of higher order options for a particular phase of CAP will lead to automatic deletion of higher order options belonging to the course(s) included in that phase, making them unavailable for the subsequent phases also.
- Online Option Confirmation is mandatory before each phase of allotment for participating in that particular phase of allotment.
- The facility for Online Option Confirmation will be made available on the website before each phase of allotment.
- A candidate who does not confirm the higher order options by clicking the’ Confirm’ button available in his/her Option Registration Page, his/her higher order options belonging to the course(s) included in that phase will not be available in subsequent phases also.
KEAM Counselling 2022 FAQs
Ques. When would the KEAM Counselling 2022 start?
Ans. KEAM Counselling 2022 Dates will be notified by CEE, Kerala on the official website after KEAM 2022 is conducted and results are announced. However, candidates can expect the counselling registration to begin in the fourth week of July 2022
Ques. I do not have my marksheet or Degree at hand. Can I register for KEAM Counselling 2022?
Ans. Yes. Students can apply on the basis of e-result and provisional certificates in KEAM Counselling 2022, However, it is required that the candidate produces his certificates and marksheet in original during the document verification round. Failing to do so, would disqualify the candidate from admission.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for applying for KEAM counselling 2022?
Ans. The candidate should have his name mentioned in the various rank lists that will be prepared by the CEE for KEAM 2022. The candidate should fulfill all the eligibility criteria for KEAM 2022 exam - such as at least 17 years of age, should have Higher Secondary Examination and so on.
Ques. What are the documents required to prove Nativity during the KEAM Counselling 2022?
Ans The documents required for proving Nativity of the candidate if he has applied for reservation and fee concession under the Keralite category during KEAM Counselling 2022 are:
- SSLC certificate showing place of birth in Kerala
- Children of IAS officers (non- karelite origin) working in the Kerala Cadre, but no reservation for such candidates would be given.
- Proof of being of Keralite descent (Such as birth certificate) for the mother and father of the candidate.
- It is to be remembered that non- Keralites are not eligible for reservation in seats as well as a concession in the fees.
Ques.Do I have to register for each round of the KEAM Counselling 2022 separately?
Ans. No, the registrations are to be done only once. However, the candidate would be required to refill his choices and preferences of colleges and/or courses before the commencement of each subsequent round. Know More About KEAM Seat Allotment
Ques. What are the top B.Tech colleges in Kerala accepting admissions through KEAM Counselling 2022?
Ans. List of colleges accepting admissions for KEAM 2022 will be notified. However, the top engineering colleges in Kerala accepting admissions through B.Tech KEAM are:
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology,Bangalore
- College of Engineering, Trivandrum
- Candigardh University, Candigardh
Ques. Do I have to register for KEAM Counselling 2022? Where to register for KEAM Counselling 2022?
Ans. KEAM Counselling 2022 registrations will be done only on the official website of CEE, Kerala http://www.cee-kerala.org/ but only the candidates who have their names mentioned in the several rank lists declared by the CEE as a part of KEAM 2022 Result will be permitted to register for the KEAM Counselling 2022.
Ques. What colleges can I get admissions to in KEAM counselling 2022 on scoring about 320 marks?
Ans. As per the previous trends, 320 marks would grant the candidate around 7000-10,000 rank and based on this rank can get admission into College of Engineering, Trivandrum, a reputed government college. Candidates can also check the colleges they will likely be accepted in based on scores obtained in KEAM by using KEAM College Predictor
Ques. How many seats are reserved for Latin, Catholica and Anglo-Indian in KEAM Counselling?
Ans. Latin,Catholica and Anglo-Indian are given 3% reservation in KEAM Counselling. However, such candidates must be Native to the state of Kerala, any Non-Keralite would not be given any reservation benefits.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.