NATA or National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2022 Application form will tentatively release in March, 2022 for Paper 1 as well as Paper 2. Candidates can register themselves on the official website of NATA for Paper 1 and Paper 2 which is expected to be held in April and July, 2022 respectively. Check NATA 2022 Application Form
- NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a national level entrance test conducted by the Council of Architecture for admission to five-year- B.Arch programs twice every year.
- Candidates can apply for Paper 1 as well Paper 2 of NATA to be held in a year.
- NATA 2022 Eligibility Criteria requires candidates to complete Class 12 Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or 10 + 3 Diploma with Mathematics ad a compulsory subject.
- Candidates who will be appearing for the qualifying exams in the current year can also apply for NATA 2022.
- NATA 2022 will be held in online mode for a duration of 3 hours, Candidates can check NATA 2022 Exam Pattern in order to start preparation for the exam.
NATA 2022 Exam Dates
NATA 2022 will be held twice a year. Tentative dates in accordance with the past year trends are tabulated below
|Event||Exam Dates for First Paper||Exam Dates for Second Paper|
|Release of Official Notification||1st week of March, 2022||1st week of March, 2022|
|Online Application Form Available||1st week of March, 2022||1st week March, 2022|
|Last Date of Registration||1st week of April, 2022||1st week of July, 2022|
|Admit Card Available||1st week of April, 2022||1st week of July, 2022|
|NATA 2022 Exam Date||2nd week of April, 2022||2nd week of July, 2022|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of April, 2022||3rd week of July, 2022|
NATA 2022 Highlights
- Exam Name- National Aptitude Test in Architecture
- Exam Type- NATA is a National Level Entrance Exam conducted for undergraduate programs offered in Architecture.
- Conducting Body- NATA is conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA).
- Frequency of examination- NATA is conducted twice a year.
- Application mode- Eligible candidates can submit the application form online on the official website of NATA
- Maximum attempts- Candidates can appear twice a year for NATA
NATA 2022 Application Form
NATA 2022 Application Form is expected to release in the first week of March 2022. Candidates can register for NATA 1 as well as NATA 2 at the same time. Candidates can fill the application form on the official website by following the steps given. Check NATA 2022 Registration
Steps to fill NATA 2022 Application Form
NATA 2022 Application form can only be filled online. Application Form for NATA 2022 will mainly consist of filling in Personal Details, Uploading Documents, and Payment of Fees. Detailed steps to fill NATA 2022 Application Form are:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NATA and click on the link for Online Application NATA- 2022.
- Step 2: Fill in the following details
|Type of Details||Details Required|
|Personal Details||Candidates name, Parents Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Place of Residence, Category (whether PwD), ID Document|
|Choice of Examination Center||Three choices of Examination Centers are to be selected mandatorily by the candidates|
|Details of Education (Class 10th and Class 12th or equivalent)||Educational qualification, stream, board name, year of passing, marks obtained, Institute name and address|
|Communication Address||Residence address, State and District of Domicile, Pin Code, Email Id, Mobile number,|
- Step 3: On entering email id, candidates would be required to create a password, and select a security question and answer.
- Step 4: Preview the information entered, on submitting the details, an application number and password will be generated.
- Step 5: Candidates can then log in with their application number and password to upload the following documents.
Documents Required for NATA 2022
|Recent Passport Size Photograph||jpg/jpeg||4KB-100KB|
- Step 6: Pay NATA 2022 Application Fees through any online mode via debit card, credit card, net banking
Application Fees for NATA 2022
|General Category||INR 2000 (for one test) INR 4000 (for both test)|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 1500( for one test) INR 3000 (for both test)|
- Step 7: After successful payment of application fees, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates can take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
- Step 8: If any discrepancy in NATA 2022 Application Form comes to the notice of the candidates, candidates will be given one opportunity during the form correction window to correct their details
NATA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfill the following NATA 2022 Eligibility
- Candidates should have completed 10 + 2 examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics Or
- Candidates should have completed a 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics.
- Candidates who are appearing in either of the examination above in the current year may also appear for NATA 2022 provisionally.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern is expected to remain the same with no major changes. Any other changes will be announced by NATA on the official website.Check NATA Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination- NATA 2022 will be held in online mode.
- Duration of Examination- Candidates will get 180 minutes to solve the questions.
- Type of Questions- MCQs, Multiple Select Type (MSQ), Preferential Choice Type (PCQ), Numerical Type Questions (NAQ), Match the following (MFQ)
- Medium of Test - Medium of NATA 2022 is English.
- Marks for each question- Candidates will get 1 mark, 2 mark,s or 3 marks for each question.
NATA 2022 Exam Syllabus
COA specifies that National Architecture Aptitude Test is an entrance test that measures a candidate’s skills in Architecture through the following techniques.
Techniques through which Candidates Ability will be tested :
|Diagrammatic Reasoning||Logical Reasoning ability of candidates will be tested using diagrams and scenarios|
|Numerical Reasoning||Mathematical Ability of candidates through fundamental simple problems will be assessed|
|Verbal Reasoning||Verbal Logical skills of candidates will be tested|
|Inductive Reasoning||Candidates ability to analyze data and see patterns will be tested in the section of Inductive Reasoning|
|Situational Judgment||Problem Solving Ability of candidates will be assessed|
|Logical Reasoning||Candidates ability to understand patterns and recognise relationships between shapes and imagery will be assessed|
|Abstract Reasoning||Candidates general knowledge will be tested in this section|
Topics to be Covered in NATA 2022
Candidates appearing for NATA 2022 are advised that they should practice past year papers as NATA 2022 Syllabus will consist of the following topics but may not be limited to it:
|Basic Concepts in Mathematics||Physics and Geometry|
|Language and Interpretation||Elements and Principles of Design|
|Aesthetic Sensitivity||Colour Theory|
|Lateral Thinking and Logical Reasoning||Visual Perception and Cognition|
|Graphics and Imagery||Building Anatomy and Architectural Vocabulary|
|G.K. and Current Affairs||Basic Techniques of building construction and knowledge of material|
How to prepare for NATA?
NATA is different from other entrance tests in the sense that, unlike other entrance tests, NATA Syllabus judges the aptitude of candidates
- This makes it essential for candidates to practice NATA Previous year papers and syllabus of 10th and 12th class.
- Candidates should start giving online tests to improve their time management while giving the exam.
- Make a proper schedule and start solving questions from 10th and 12th books to ensure that your basics are good. This will also enable you to attempt difficult questions in the exam.
- Learn from the resources available online and make your own notes for revision.
Recommended Books for NATA 2022
|NATA & B.Arch Question Bank||Ar. Shadan Usmani|
|NATA & B.Arch complete study material: entrance examination||Ar. Shadan Usmani|
|Architecture Entrance Aptitude Book||Wasim Khan|
|A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch||P.K. Mishra|
|B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide||Surendra Kalimantan|
NATA 2022 Admit Card
NATA 2022 Admit Card will be available on the official website in a downloadable version. Examination Roll Number will also be generated along with NATA 2022 Admit Card.
- Candidates must carry a printed hard copy of NATA 2022 on the day of the examination.
- Candidates must also ensure that they carry either one of the original identity proof- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence
- Photographs or signatures on NATA 2022 Admit Card must not be soiled/mutilated as such candidates will not be allowed to appear in NATA 2022 Exam.
Steps to download NATA 2022 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on the link for ‘NATA 2022 Admit Card’
- Enter your application number and password
- Download soft copy of admit card and ensure all the details are correct
- Take a printout of NATA 2022 Admit Card to carry on the day of examination.
NATA 2022 Answer Key
After successful completion of NATA 2022, COA will release Answer Key which will help candidates in making assessment of their performance
- Candidates can view their answer keys by filling an online form and making a payment of INR 3000 for each test given.
- Candidates should ensure that they fill the online form within 3 days of result publication, post which no request to view the answer key will be entertained.
- Answer key released by COA as well as the marks for each question shall remain final.
NATA 2022 Exam Centers
NATA is conducted across several exam centers in multiple cities across the country. The states where NATA Exam Centers are located:
|Andaman and Nicobar||Andhra Pradesh|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jharkhand|
NATA 2022 Results
NATA 2022 Results will be published on the official website of NATA. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned to download NATA Results:
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on the link for NATA 2022 Result
- Enter your roll number and date of birth
- Result will be displayed on the screen
- Scorecard of candidates will display the marks obtained by the candidates and whether they have qualified.
- NATA 2022 scores will remain valid for the academic session 2022-2023.
NATA 2022 Participating Colleges
Candidates who qualify NATA 2022 will be given an opportunity to secure admission in some of the most prestigious colleges for Architecture.
Candidates would be updated about the other participating colleges, however, candidates can take a look at the top participating colleges for NATA 2021:
|1.||Singhad College of Architecture, Pune|
|2.||Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai|
|3.||Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai|
|4.||IES College of Architecture, Mumbai|
|5.||LS Raheja School of Architecture, Mumbai|
|6.||Department of Architecture, BITS, Mesra|
|7.||Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurugram|
|8.||Chandigarh College of Architecture|
|9.||Chitkara School of Planning and Architecture|
|10.||Aayojan School of Architecture, Jaipur|
|11.||Dehradun Institute of Technology|
|12.||Measi Academy of Architecture, Chennai|
NATA 2022 Counselling
NATA 2022 Counselling will be undertaken by the participating colleges as the Council of Architecture does not conduct counseling for admissions. Candidates who qualify for the examination can participate in NATA 2022 Counselling by individual colleges.
- Candidates will have to apply for admission in each participating institution separately.
- Counseling and verification of documents will be conducted by each institute and candidates can appear in those institutions.
- Candidates should ensure that they carry the photocopies as well as original documents like Marksheet of qualifying examination, NATA 2022 Scorecard, Admit Card, Caste certificate (if applicable) for verification of documents.
NATA 2022 FAQs
Ques.: When will NATA 2022 be held?
Ans.: NATA 2022 will be held twice. The first paper is expected to be held in April 2022 while the second paper of NATA will be conducted in July 2022,
Ques.: Can I register for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of NATA 2022?
Ans.: Yes, candidates can register for both papers. The maximum number of attempts for NATA is two. Candidates can register themselves for both exams when the registration process starts.
Ques.: What is NATA exam for?
Ans.: NATA Exam is a national-level undergraduate exam conducted by the Council of Architecture( COA) for admission into five-year B.Arch programs across participating institutions.
Ques.: Is NATA compulsory for B.Arch?
Ans.: Yes, NATA is compulsory for students who wish to take admission in B.Arch programs across participating institutions. Candidates who qualify for NATA 2022 and score well will be able to take admission to prestigious Architecture colleges.
Ques.: I have passed class 12th, Am I eligible to appear in NATA 2022?
Ans.: Yes, candidates who have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or passed 10 +3 Diploma with Mathematics are eligible to appear for NATA 2022. Candidates who will be appearing for the qualifying exams can also appear for NATA 2022.
Ques.: How can I prepare for NATA 2022?
Ans.: Candidates should complete the syllabus for NATA 2022, solve past year papers, mock tests, and question banks that are available. Candidates should practice questions each day and study from the best resources available.
Ques.: What are the type of questions asked in NATA?
Ans.: Questions asked in NATA consist of Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Type, Preferential Choice, Numerical and Match the following questions. The questions will be asked for 1 mark, 2 mark and 3 mark.
Ques.: How long will my NATA 2022 score be valid?
Ans.: NATA 2022 scores will be valid for the academic year 2022-2023. Candidates can give a maximum of two attempts for NATA 1 and NATA 2
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.