NEET 2022 Form Correction window will be activated soon after the completion of application process. Candidates can edit details like Gender, Nationality, e-mail address, Category, Sub-category, and a few other particulars filled in NEET 2022 Application Form.
- In the 2021 session, NTA had adopted 2 phase application process i.e. one to appear for the exam and one to download the result. However, NEET form correction facility will be provided in both phases to upload correct documents, etc. Check NEET 2022 Documents Upload Guidelines
- NEET 2021 Form correction facility is only accessible to the candidates who have already registered and paid the examination fee online. The candidates must that they do not have to pay any additional fee for the form correction process.
NEET 2022 Form Correction Dates
The official schedule for NTA NEET Application Form Correction will be updated in the table below:
|NEET Registration Date||4th week of July 2022|
|NEET Form Correction Start Date||4th week of August 2022|
|NEET Form Correction Last Date||4th week of August 2022|
How to Edit NEET 2022 Application Form?
Candidates often make mistakes while filling NEET 2022 Application Form either because of inexperience or confusion. Therefore, to ensure that the data of NEET application is submitted correctly, the authority provides a form correction facility to make edits in the form.
Steps for NEET 2022 Form Correction
Candidates are required to follow the below-mentioned steps for making corrections in the NEET 2022 Application Form:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NEET
- Step 2: Click on the ‘candidate’s log in’ link
- Step 3: Applicants must fill in their registration number and password
- Step 4: Candidates can correct the details as per the official notice.
- Step 5: After successful submission of the application form, candidates will get a self-generated correction slip. Students are advised to print the receipt and retain it for future reference.
What can be edited during NEET 2022 Form Correction?
The form correction facility is just a one-time facility so you need to be very careful while making the corrections. Here we are providing you with the list of details that you can make changes in your application form:
|Particulars||Who can edit||Who cannot edit|
|Identification Identity||All the candidates who have filled up NEET Application Form with IDs other than Aadhaar Card (i.e. voter id, passport, bank account, driving license etc.) and Registration Number issued by facilitation center.||Candidates who have already filled up their NEET Application Form with Aadhaar Card and candidates with nationality as Foreign, OCI, PIO and NRI.|
|Date of Birth||All the candidates who have filled up NEET Application Form with IDs other than Aadhaar Card (i.e. voter id, passport, bank account, driving license etc.) and Registration Number issued by facilitation center.||Candidates who have filled up their NEET Application Form with Aadhaar Card.|
|Gender||All the candidates who have filled up NEET Application Form with IDs other than Aadhaar Card and Registration Number issued by facilitation center.||Candidates who have filled up their NEET Application Form with Aadhaar Card.|
|State Code of Eligibility||Candidates belonging to the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir can also change the status of Self Declaration submitted by them. Candidates belonging to the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir will be able to change their state code of eligibility if and only if they have obtained their Aadhaar Number.||Not Applicable|
|Category||If change in category involves higher fee, the candidates will pay the difference of the fee. It is allowed as per the central list of categories.||Not Applicable|
|Disability Status||If change in disability status involves higher fee, the candidates will pay the difference of the fee. All candidates can change their disability status.||Not Applicable|
|Medium||Those candidates who have given Tripura either in state code of eligibility or of qualifying examination will be able change the Medium as Bengali. All candidates are allowed to make corrections in the question paper medium.||Not Applicable|
|Examination Center||NTA has allowed modifications in the exam center choices due to the current situation of the country and hardships faced by candidates in the COVID-19 epidemic.||Not Applicable|
|Percentage of Marks obtained in Qualifying Examination||All candidates are allowed to make corrections in the marks that they previously scored.||Not Applicable|
|Name of Parents||Candidates are allowed to make corrections in the name of their parents.||Not Applicable|
After making corrections, candidates have to print correction slips and retain the same for reference and record. No correspondence will be made by NTA in this regard. Due to correction in category and disability status, if an additional fee is payable, the same has to be remitted through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking during the given period only.
- NEET Previous Year Question Papers
- Study Plan and Timetable for NEET 2022
- Best Books for NEET Preparation
How to Edit NEET 2022 Documents?
Editing of the Scanned Images
- Candidates who have wrongly uploaded the photograph and signature are required to re-upload those documents within the given window.
- Candidates are required to re-upload the scanned documents with right specifications.
Guidelines to follow for uploading documents
Candidates must be clear with the fact that the correction window is an opportunity for making changes to the form and that no further chance will be provided for the same. Therefore, they are advised to be very careful while making changes to the particulars and the scanned images.
The guidelines to be followed while uploading images are:
|Photograph||10 to 200 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||4 to 30 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Post Card Size Photograph||50 to 300 kb (4”X6”)||JPG/JPEG|
|Left Thumb Impression||10 to 50 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Class X Passing Certificate||100 to 400 kb||JPG/JPEG|
Important Instructions to Candidates
- Correction in the category may invite additional fees to be paid. In such cases, applicants are required to pay the fees online using Internet Banking or credit/debit cards within the correction window schedule.
- No further opportunities would be given to candidates for making corrections. Therefore, candidates must edit the form details carefully and thoroughly check the details.
- Candidates are not allowed to make changes to the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Candidates can edit their personal information such as Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Gender, Category, Person with Disability, State Code of Eligibility, Nationality only.
NEET 2022 Form Correction FAQs
Ques. How to submit the fee while using NEET 2022 form correction window?
Ans: For some changes in NEET application form candidate may have to pay additional fees. In such cases, applicants are required to pay the fees online using Internet Banking or credit/debit cards within the correction window schedule.
Ques. Can I change all the details using the form correction window?
Ans: Some of the details can be changed using NEET form correction window like Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Gender, Category, Person with Disability, State Code of Eligibility, Nationality only.
Ques. Can I edit the application form multiple times?
Ans: No. NEET Form correction facility is a one-time opportunity. No further chances would be given to candidates for making corrections. Candidates are advised to edit the form details carefully and within the time period provided by NTA.
Ques. When will NEET 2022 correction window open?
Ans. NEET 2022 application correction window will be available after the completion of online application forms. The facility will only be provided for a time period of 4-5 days. Candidates can edit the details by visiting the official website.
Ques. Can I change NEET exam center using the correction window?
Ans. Last year NTA had permitted to change the exam centers due to COVID-19 by using NEET form correction. However, candidates are advised to choose their center wisely as the facility may not be provided this year.
Ques. Will NTA inform me regarding the errors in my application form?
Ans. NTA will inform the candidates about the errors in their NEET application form and if you want to change some details then also you can use NEET form correction window.
Ques. Can I change the documents uploaded by me using NEET 2022 form correction window?
Ans. Yes. Candidates can change or upload the documents as per the guidelines of NTA using the NEET 2022 application correction window.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.