NEET Physics Preparation could be difficult or time taking for some of the candidates as the subject involves mathematical terms, formulas, and lengthy calculations. Some of the important topics from where you can start your preparation are Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Modern Physics, Optics, Thermodynamics, SHM-Waves, etc.
- Candidates must note that there is no reduction in NEET Physics Syllabus therefore candidates are advised to cover the complete syllabus of Class 11 and 12.
- Also in NEET 2022, a total of 50 questions will be asked from physics which will be further divided into 2 parts i.e. A and B containing 35 and 15 questions (attempt only 10).
- To have a full analysis of each and every concept of physics subject, students are advised to take topic-wise online test series. Candidates can appear for online tests after completing the whole syllabus so that they can easily solve the questions based on different topics. Download NEET Previous Year Question Papers
|NEET Biology Preparation Plan||Best Books for NEET Preparation||Study Plan and Timetable for NEET 2022|
NEET Physics Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Candidates will have to cover 10 and 9 units from classes 11 and 12 respectively.
|NEET Physics syllabus of Class 11th||NEET Physics syllabus of Class 12th|
|Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves||-|
NEET 2022 updated exam pattern of physics:
|Physics||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme|
|Physics Section A||35||140|
|Physics Section B||15 (Any 10)||40|
NEET Physics Preparation: Weightage of Important Topics
The ideal approach to solve NEET Physics section involves understanding the important topics, the syllabus, and their weightage.
|Topic||Number of Questions||Weightage||Marks|
|Electrostatics and Capacitor||4||8.88%||16|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||3||6.66%||12|
|Magnetism, Magnetic Effect of Current and AC||5||11.11%||20|
|Properties of matter||3||6.66%||12|
|Ray and Way Optics||4||8.88%||16|
NEET Physics Preparation: Important Topics of Mechanics
Mechanics is one of the topics with the highest weightage. It consists of 9 chapters. While preparing for this topic, consider the weightage of each chapter and dedicate an appropriate amount of time and effort.
|Laws of Motion||7.10%|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||10.10%|
|System of Particle and Rotational Motion||23.10%|
|Units and Dimensions||7.77%|
|Work, Energy, and Power||7.70%|
NEET Physics Preparation: Important Topics of Electrostatics and Magnetism
This unit has a weightage of 16.2% and the chapters are related to each other. Under this unit, the chapter ‘Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance’ carries about 35.6% weightage, followed by ‘Moving Charges and Mechanism’ with a weightage of around 31.5%. Dedicate more time to these chapters while preparing for NEET Physics.
|Electric charges and fields||23.30%|
|Electric potential and capacitance||35.60%|
|Electromagnetic waves and communication systems||6.80%|
|Magnetism and matter||2.70%|
|Moving charges and magnetism||31.50%|
NEET Physics Preparation: Important Topics of Heat and Thermodynamics
Each year, about 3 questions appear from this unit. It carries a weightage of 6.6%. Depending on the weightage of each chapter in this unit, allot the required amount of study time.
|Kinetic theory of gases||3.5%|
Topic Wise Preparation Tips for NEET Physics
Motion of System, Particles, and Rigid Body
To prepare for Motion of System, Particles and Rigid Body, follow these tips -
- Questions for determining torque and moment of inertia of regular bodies using the theorem of parallel and perpendicular axes is considered an essential section in NEET Physics. Train more for questions like these.
- Practice numerical based on angular momentum conservation and rolling motion.
- Circular Motion problems are easy for the candidates to answer. Do practice answering these questions.
To prepare for Kinematics, follow these tips -
- Kinematics is the most important segment of NEET Physics. This chapter is considered simple and interesting by most students.
- In NEET Physics, problems focused on finding maximum height, range, flight time, and velocity at any point in the trajectory are considered important. Practice is important.
- Make copies of all important formulae, theorems and derivations. That will help you prepare in the last minute.
- Gain clarity on the definitions of displacement, acceleration, average velocity, and relative velocity.
Topic 3 - Heat and Thermodynamics
To prepare for Heat and Thermodynamics, follow these tips -
- Clearly know all of your basics regarding this NEET Physics portion.
- Understand the principles of Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics, Joules Law and the First Law of Thermodynamics.
- Practice model papers on Carnot Engine - Efficiency and Coefficient of Performance.
- Kinetic Theory of Gasses is a portion that can be easily solved with practice.
Topic 4 - Modern Physics
- This topic is where you can score many marks in the NEET Physics section. You can begin with studying Radioactive Decay of Substances, Nuclear Fission and Fusion, Dual Nature of Matter, X-rays and Bohr’s Model.
- You can get your basic concepts clear with NCERT Physics.
- To study the theory part, refer to ‘Concepts of Physics’ by H.C Verma. For numerical, refer to ‘3000 Solved Problems in Physics’ by Schaum.
NEET Physics Preparation: Study Notes
|NEET Physics Topic Wise Links|
Tricks to Solve NEET Physics Questions
Tricks for Preparing Notes
- If you already have notes from the teacher of your coaching institute, then there is no need to make comprehensive notes again.
- You may enhance the class notes by using a red pen or neon highlighter to illustrate important concepts.
- You can also add to the notes some good/popular questions that you answered earlier so that you will certainly see them again when revising your notes.
- You can add tips/tricks in the space provided for margins to prevent any errors that you might have learned later.
- You can make short notes with full-length notes too, but that will take a lot of time.
- Do not waste time writing down notes again and again.
Tricks for Memorising Formulas
- Develop an interest in the concepts and formulas that you are studying. A lack of interest will make it harder to remember formulas.
- Use visual memory to connect concepts to formulas. This helps in easy memorization because you will know the process behind the formulas.
- Practice the formulas you want to memorize as often as you can. The more you practice, the better you will understand the application of formulas.
- Writing down formulas again and again will help in speedy and long-lasting memorization.
- You can stick the written formulas on the wall so that you will repeatedly see them.
- Before you go to sleep, think about the formulas. Your brain will have better chances of remembering them the next day.
Dividing Topics into Levels
Candidates can divide their syllabus into various levels like levels 1, 2, 3, 4 so on. This way they can target the maximum number of topics in a day. For your convenience we have divided some of the important topics in the table below:
|Weeks||Levels 1||Level 2|
|Week 1||Mechanics||Modern Physics|
|Electrodynamics||Heat and thermodynamics|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||Electronic Devices|
|Learning Formulas||Solving NEET Sample Questions|
NEET Preparation Tips for Beginners
- Tip 1 - Before you start preparation for NEET Physics, go through the entire syllabus. As per the syllabus, you can study and understand the concepts and answer questions.
- Tip 2 - Prepare a timeline that gives all the subjects time. Do not ignore any topic, or give any topic excessive time. Your schedule should, however, provide flexibility if any topic needs more time than allotted.
- Tip 3 - Divide the topic into several sections. Learn step-by-step. Visualize every concept. Draw diagrams to grasp the ideas correctly.
- Tip 4 - Create notes of your preparation from day one. Do not be lazy. One of the best assets to clear NEET 2022 is having self-made notes.
- Tip 5 - If you choose to join a coaching course, revise your notes after every class. That way, you will understand the concepts better. Make sure you achieve all your daily and weekly goals.
- Tip 6 - Treat NCERT Physics as the bible for NEET Physics.
Must Read News
Type of NEET Physics Questions
|Type of questions||Number of Questions||Preparation|
|Theory oriented/fact-based||15 - 20||Direct from NCERT|
|Numerical/derivation-based||15 - 20||NCERT-based|
|Logical concepts||5 - 10||Concepts are from NCERT Application of these concepts|
|Critical concept-based||5 - 10||Very complex questions Determine the toppers|
Distribution of Questions in NEET Physics
|Difficulty Level/ Topic||Heat & Thermodynamics||Electricity||Mechanics||Magnetism||Waves||Modern Physics||Optics||-|
Best Books for NEET Physics Preparation
NEET books should be selected based on the concepts, theory, application of concepts etc provided in the book. The learner-friendly approach that should be used in the book will help students in organizing theory and application faster.
|Physics for NEET||C.P. Singh|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick, and Walker|
|Objective Physics||DC Pandey|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
Also Check in Detail
Coaching or Self Study to Prepare NEET Physics
To ace NEET Physics, you have two methods you can seek - Coaching and Self-Study. Choose what you think will best suit your lifestyle and productivity levels according to the benefits of both methods.
Benefits of the Coaching Method
Coaching institutes for NEET are ideal for those who are most productive in a formal set up and consistent routine. With a coaching method for NEET preparation, you can enjoy the following benefits -
A classroom set-up with desks helps students gain focus on studying.
The presence of fellow students can facilitate peer learning.
The fixed time duration of classes can help in maintaining a consistent study routine.
Coaching institutes offer classes for an ideal number of days, so there is less scope for overexertion or a low preparation level of students.
Classes will not have any major interruptions which can hinder learning.
Coaching institutes provide study materials so students will not have to spend time searching for them.
Teachers will always be present to help students understand concepts better and apply them appropriately to answers.
Doubts could be addressed immediately.
Some coaching institutes also offer mental support to students so that they do not burn out while preparing for NEET Physics.
Evaluation of mock tests by teachers can help students identify their strengths and weaknesses.
|NEET Coaching Centers in Bangalore||NEET Coaching Centers in Delhi|
|NEET Coaching Centers in Mumbai||NEET Coaching Centers in Kolkata|
Benefits of the Self-Study Method
The self-study method is good for those who prefer independence in learning. The benefits of the self-study method are -
Students can prepare efficiently for NEET Physics because they can spend more time on each topic rather than studying the bulk of topics at once.
Candidates tend to discover more with self-study due to the deeper learning that takes place. Even if questions are asked in a complicated manner, students can answer them as they would have understood every part of every topic very well.
Self-study can help boost the confidence of students because they would have studied on their own. This kind of confidence is what is needed in the medical field.
With self-study, students can prepare for NEET at their own pace. They can study according to the times in which they feel more productive. This can greatly reduce exam stress and pressure.
Online Preparation Tips and Resources for NEET Physics
The recent years have seen that preparation for competitive exams can be done online with authentic resources. This applies to NEET Physics preparation as well. Online resources make learning engaging and fun. Using them will help you remember all the concepts better so that you can apply them to answers correctly.
- Topper - Learning app for classes 5th to 12th
- Physics Galaxy
- Darwin - NEET Preparation
Last Minute Preparation Tips for NEET Physics
Do not start any new NEET Physics topic during the last few days before the examination. If you do so, you will lose a lot of valuable time in preparing notes and solving questions instead of revising the bulk of the other topics.
Regularly revise the formulae and your notes of important topics. This will help you in remembering the concepts and their applications during the exam.
Do not assume that you are thorough with all the topics and stop studying. If you suddenly stop, you will find it very difficult to start again. Make revision a part of your daily routine.
Solve at least one to two mock tests every week. Doing so will help you improve your speed and accuracy along with making you familiar to a variety of questions.
When solving mock tests, you might come across new concepts or numerical that you did not find in your preparation materials. You can use the last few days before the examination to learn them.
NEET Physics Preparation 2022 FAQs
Question: How do I prepare for NEET Physics?
Ans. To prepare for NEET Physics, you must know the syllabus and the exam pattern, learn the subject thoroughly through the best books, prepare your own notes, memorize formulas, and solve previous years’ questions papers and mock tests.
Question: Is NEET Physics tough?
Ans. NEET Physics is known to be challenging for students because many of them do not have a mathematics background after Class 10.
Question: Is NCERT enough for NEET Physics?
Ans. NCERT Physics books are very important for NEET preparation. They are enough to qualify but not enough to score great marks. You must make use of additional resources.
Question: How do you revise Physics for NEET in one month?
Ans. You can revise Physics for NEET in one month by solving as many previous years’ questions as you can, revising your notes and formulas, and working on your strengths.
Question: How do you score 180 marks in Physics in NEET?
Ans. You can aim to score 180 marks in Physics in NEET through proper planning, effective notes and formulas, revisions, and consistent practice with mock tests.
Question: Which book is best for NEET Physics?
Ans. The best books for NEET Physics are -
NCERT Physics for Classes 11 and 12
Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma
Cengage Physics NEET For Everyone by C.P Singh
Question: How to memorize NEET Physics formulas?
Ans. You can memorize NEET Physics formulas by understanding the process behind them. Once you get to know the concept behind a formula, it will be easy to remember it. You can stick your formulas sheet on a wall where you can keep seeing it.
Question: Is H.C Verma enough for NEET Physics?
Ans. H.C Verma is good for NEET Physics. However, it is not enough. You will have to learn from NCERT Physics books and other reference books as well if you want a good score in NEET Physics.
Question: Can NEET Physics questions be out of syllabus?
Ans. Yes, NEET Physics questions can be out of syllabus. However, the number of such questions is very low.
Question: How many questions are there in the NEET Physics section?
Ans. There are 45 questions in the NEET Physics section.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.