NEET Reservation Criteria has been revised which now allows candidates to take benefit of 27% OBC & 10% EWS reservation under 15% AIQ seats counselling process. The updated NEET reservation policy will benefit around 2,700 OBC and 550 EWS students. Applicants are advised to carefully opt for the right category in order to become eligible for NEET Reservation during the time of admissions. Check NEET Counselling
- Earlier, the above mentioned criteria under 15% AIQ seats was applicable only for admissions in National institutes or Central Universities.
- TN Government has also approved the proposal of 7.5% reservation for government school students in TN state Medical colleges after qualifying NEET.
- Spouses & children of terror attack victims will also get a reservation in MBBS and BDS admissions. These seats are reserved under the central pool of seats for medical admissions. Read More
- Candidates from these Union Territories must sign a self-declaration form while filling the application form for NEET 2022 to claim the reservation benefits.
NEET Reservation: Revised for 15% AIQ Seats
- It has been decided by the Government of India to implement 27% OBC-NCL and 10% EWS reservation in 15% AIQ MBBS and BDS seats with effect from 2021-22 academic sessions.
- The government has also released the notice to reserve 5 MBBS Seats Under Central Pool for Children of COVID-19 warriors. The 5 colleges to offer seats are MGIMS Wardha, LHMC, NSCBMC Jabalpur, JLN Medical College Ajmer, GMC Haldwani.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
NEET 2022 Reservation: For OBC
NTA and MCC have released the new OBC quota/ reservation. Earlier the 27% reservation in 15% AIQ seats was only for OBC candidates but from this year onwards OBC-NCL candidates will also be included in the OBC reservation.
- New changes in reservation criteria will benefit around the 2700 OBC and 550 EWS candidates.
- During the time of NEET 2022 counselling rounds to take the benefit of OBC-NCL reservation candidates will be required to fill the category in the NEET application form.
- While applying for NEET 2022 counselling rounds, candidates must ensure that they have all the required documents, without which they would not be considered eligible for the reservation.
- OBC-NCL candidates can take benefit of 27% reservation while taking admission to MBBS and BDS colleges.
NEET 2022 Reservation: For PwD
Students who will fall under the PwD category will be offered a 5% reservation while getting admission to medical colleges. Candidates will also have to fulfil the rules or conditions set by the authority to avail the benefits of reservation.
- Minimum degree of disability should 40% or more to avail Pwd quota.
- The degree of disability should be checked or assessed as per the guidelines set by the Govt.
- Must hold a “Certificate of Disability”.
- Disability certificate should be made from the 12 designated centers by NTA.
How to get a Disability Certificate for NEET 2022?
|Disability Centre Designated by MCC||Disabilities for which the designated Disability Centre is capable of issuing Certificate|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi||All 21 disabilities as per MCI Guidelines except Ophthalmology Tests|
|All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (for Locomotor Disability only), Mumbai||Only for Locomotor Disabilities|
|Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata||All 21 disabilities as per MCI Guidelines|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai|
|Grant Government Medical College, J.J. Hospital Compound, Mumbai|
|Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Sector32, Chandigarh|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh|
|SMS Medical College, Jaipur||All 21 disabilities except Neurology, ENT, Orthopaedics|
|AIIMS, Nagpur, Maharashtra||Locomotor Disability, Visual Impairment, Speech and Language Disabilities, Disabilities due to blood disorders|
|Goa Medical College, Goa||Response Awaited|
|Govt. Medical College, Agartala, State Disability Board, Agartala, Tripura|
Sample of Disability Certificate
- NEET Online Coaching: Best Online Platforms for NEET Preparation
- Top Medical Colleges Accepting NEET Rank from 1,00,000 - 5,00,000
NEET 2022 Reservation: For EWS
As per this, 10% reservation in jobs and education shall be granted to the EWS candidates belonging to the General quota candidates. Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh are only identified as EWS for benefit of reservation. The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority.
- EWS reservation at all India level i.e. for 15% AIQ seats will be offered in the central universities.
- For the 85% state quota seats, respective states authority will release their own criteria to implement the EWS reservation.
Who can’t access the EWS quota?
Regardless of what the family income is, if the candidates fall under any of the following, they can’t avail the benefits of EWS quota:
- Candidates whose families own 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Candidates who owe a residential flat of 1,000 sq. ft. and above.
- Candidates whose parents possess a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Candidates whose parents own a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Authorities which can issue an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’
|District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner||Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate|
|Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar||Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides|
Sample of EWS Certificate
NEET Reservation 2022: For 85% State Quota Seats
- A Merit List will be released and under the state quota, 85% of the seats are filled through state counselling conducted separately by each state/Union Territory.
- Candidates must contact their respective state counselling authority to know the dates and procedure for the same.
- Candidates can check out the process and dates of NEET State-wise Counselling.
- Admission through state quota will be subject to the eligibility criteria and reservation policy applicable in the State or Union Territory where the student seeks admission.
Note: AFMC, Pune has its own reservation policy wherein there are no concessions for Physically Handicapped candidates. Those who seek admission in AFMC must check out the same on their official website. Applicants are required to register on their official website for further screening tests. They have a separate selection process and NEET is only the first step. Qualifying NEET does not ensure admission into AFMC, Pune.
NEET Reservation 2022: For 15% AIQ Seats
For 15% All India Quota Seats, Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCI, PIO, and Foreign Nationals are eligible. To take admission via AIQ, candidates have to take part in Online Counselling for NEET conducted by MCC.
- Cousnelling rounds will be conducted and after the conclusion of all the rounds, if any seats remain vacant under AIQ, they will be converted into State Quota seats.
- Names in the merit list will be equal to the number of AIQ seats available.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will now participate in 15% All India Quota Counselling and will not require the submission of a self-declaration form.
Reservation for UT of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh Candidates
- Candidates from J&K and Ladakh have opted out of the All India Scheme hence they are not eligible for 15% AIQ seats.
- However, to apply for in AIQ seats counselling candidates have to submit an online self-declaration.
NEET Reservation 2022: For Deemed Universities
- DGHS is responsible for conducting AIQ counselling which also covers the seats offered by Deemed/Central universities
- ESIC college and AFMS institutes are also included in that list only.
- Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India lays down rules and regulations for admission to AFMC, Pune.
NEET Reservation 2022: 7.5% Quota in TN Government Schools
As per the latest reports, 7.5% quota to government school students in the TN state Medical colleges after qualifying NEET has been approved by Tamil Nadu Cabinet. This 7.5% quota will be included within the existing reservation that means it will be a Quota within Quota. Check Details Here
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami had said that the state government will work to provide reservations to students from the government who will clear NEET.
- The decision has been taken because in TN sate it has been seen that the number of candidates admitted to the MBBS programs from government schools is declining every year.
- However, the reservation will be provided to students who did their schooling (Classes 6 to 12) in a government school in Tamil Nadu.
- Meanwhile, the state has been trying to upgrade its state board syllabus to bring it on par with the CBSE syllabus.
- The state has also taken initiative to provide free medical coaching for NEET Preparation
NEET Reservation 2022: For Children of COVID-19 warriors
- The Central Government has decided to reserve a total of five MBBS seats from the central pool for wards of COVID-19 warriors.
- Union Health Ministry has also launched a new category called Wards of COVID Warriors, under the guidelines for shortlisting candidates against central pool MBBS seats.
DGHS has notified five medical colleges across India to reserve one UG course seat under the ‘Children of COVID-19 Warriors’ category. Read More
|MGIMS Wardha||Lady Hardinge Medical College New Delhi|
|JLN Medical College Ajmer||Government Medical College Haldwani|
|Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College (NSCBMC) Jabalpur||---|
- NEET Cut Off for Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- NEET Cut Off for Bangalore Medical Colleges
- AYUSH NEET Cut off & Counselling
NEET Reservation 2022: For Victims of Terror Attack
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has written a letter to chief secretaries of all states and UTs along with the guidelines regarding Quota in NEET for Victims of Terror Attack.
- Under this, the spouses and children of terror attack victims can get reservations after qualifying NEET in MBBS and BDS colleges.
- These seats are reserved under the central pool of seats for medical admissions.
|Who is Eligible for this Quota?||Selection of Candidates for this Quota|
| || |
NEET Reservation 2022: Things to Remember
- All India Quota has no reservation for Defence quota candidates. However, some states may have a reservation under the Defence quota in NEET. Candidates must contact their state counselling authority for details.
- Candidates must note that Deemed Universities conduct their own counselling.
- Management Quota is not applicable in AIQ but private universities may have a few seats reserved under that category. Contact the concerned institute for more details.
- Candidates are advised to check whether they’re eligible for reservation under All India quota and state quota seats before applying.
NEET Reservation 2022: Documents Required
All the candidates claiming reservation of seats under various reserved categories should produce the relevant documents stipulated by NTA to validate their claim for seat reservation failing which, they may be debarred from counselling and seat allotment process.
The nodal authorities for issuing these documents is also clearly indicated in the certificate formats published in NEET Information Bulletin.
|PwD (Locomotor Disability)||Duly Constituted Medical Board at Selected Central Government Hospitals|
|OBC-NCL||District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner |
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer (not below rank of Tehsildar), Sub-divisional Officer
|SC/ST||District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner / 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner |
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer (not below rank of Tehsildar), Sub-divisional Officer
NEET 2022 Reservation FAQs
Ques. I am opting Oriya as the question paper medium. Will I be eligible for 15% All India Quota NEET reservation?
Ans. You are eligible for All India Quota and other quotas (per the required norms) irrespective of the medium in which examination is attempted. Candidates who have qualifed NEET can easily apply under AIQ and state quota seats counselling.
Ques. What is NEET reservation criteria?
Ans. The NEET reservation scheme is divided into three broad categories – All-India Quota, State Quota and Management.
Ques. What is NEET Reservation for All-India Quota seats?
Ans. These are the seats in government colleges which are filled through All-India centralized counselling; it means that students from any state are eligible for these seats. 15% seats are reserved under All-India Quota. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts counselling for 15% All India Quota seats.
Ques. What is NEET Reservation for State Quota seats?
Ans. 85% of the remaining seats, other than All-India Quota, fall under State Quota. The counselling for these seats is conducted by the respective NEET Counselling bodies of the state government.
Ques. What is NEET reservation criterion for OBC candidates under 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. 27% seats under All India Quota are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates in all 15% AIQ seats. This reservation will only be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC.
Ques. What is NEET reservation criterion for the physically handicapped candidates under 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. 5% seats under All India Quota are reserved for the candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Ques. Is there any NEET reservation for Creamy layer OBC candidates?
Ans. No, there is no reservation for creamy layer OBC candidates and they will be considered under Unreserved (UR) category.
Ques. Is a candidate from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana eligible for NEET Reservation under 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. Yes, a candidate from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have decided to join and contribute to the All India Quota seats.
Ques. Is a candidate from Jammu and Kashmir eligible for NEET reservation under 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. No, a candidate from Jammu & Kashmir is not eligible for 15% All India (National Level Counselling) because J&K Board has opted out for NEET-UG 2018 National Level Counselling. A candidate belonging to J&K can only choose his own state MBBS/ BDS colleges.
Ques. What is NEET reservation policy for Physically Handicapped candidates under State Quota?
Ans. The reservation for Physically Handicapped candidates under State Quota is according to the state government policies, each state has its own reservation policy for these candidates.
Ques. What is AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) NEET Reservation Policy?
Ans. AFMC, Pune does not take the admission of candidates on the basis of All India quota and state quota. Candidates seeking admission in AFMC have to register on official website @www.afmc.nic.in. Students who clear NEET and wish to take admission in AFMC need to clear the screening conducted by AFMC. AFMC have a total of 130 seats.
Ques. What is NEET reservation Policy for admission in Private Colleges under NEET? Also, Is there any reservation for NCC cadets in NEET?
Ans. The admission in Private Medical College will be held as per the reservation policies of the State/Union Territory. Moreover, there is no separate reservation for NCC cadets in NEET.
Ques. Is there any NEET reservation for the dependants of Ex-Defence serviceman?
Ans. No, there is no reservation for the dependants of Ex- Defence serviceman. However, there may be some policy for reservation of these candidates for admission in AFMC. All the candidates must follow the reservation policy of AFMC.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.