NEET Validity of scores to take admission in Indian colleges is one year i.e. for the current academic session only. However, MCI had released the official notification regarding the extension of NEET validity to three years to take admission in foreign colleges because to admission process to foreign universities might take more time. However, there is no limit on the number of attempts in NEET. Check NEET Attempts & Age Limit
- Candidates will have to qualify NEET Cut off percentile to become eligible for the admission process.
- Also, the Supreme Court makes NEET Mandatory for all Institutions Including Private Minority Colleges. The decision has been taken to end all types of malpractices in the medical college admission system. Read More
- NEET 2022 is expected to be held in the month of September 2022. Candidates planning to appear for the exam can read more about NEET Validity in the article below. Check NEET 2022 Exam Dates
NEET Validity: For Admission in Abroad
As per the reports, every year more than 10 lakh students apply for MBBS admission in medical colleges abroad. Out of all the candidates who apply for admission in medical colleges abroad around 10,000 students able to get admission.
- The process of taking admission in some foreign medical university is time taking. The minimum time duration to complete all the formalities so that candidates can get admission is 7-12 months.
- It is one of the major reasons that the duration of NEET validity for MBBS admission in abroad had been extended to 3 years.
- Another reason to make NEET mandatory is that the officials noticed that medical institutions or universities of foreign countries admit Indian students without proper or good assessment methods so order to maintain a standard in the medical field the decision had been taken.
Moreover, the fee structure of foreign medical universities is very affordable in comparison to medical colleges in India. So if a candidate does not get a seat in Government medical colleges of Indian then he/she tries for colleges abroad.
NEET Validity: For Admission in India
The validity of NEET score to study in the Indian medical colleges is only for the ongoing academic session i.e for one year only. NEET is conducted every year in India and soon after the declaration of result candidates get admission into their preferable colleges. So the chances of facing any type of delay in the admission process are very less.
- NEET Counselling and Seat Allotment for MBBS/ BDS seats will be done under 15% All India Quota.
- The State level counselling for 85% seats will be organized by respective by the state authorities separately.
- Candidates appearing for NEET 2022 and clearing the cut off required of respective colleges can apply for admission in that college through counselling. Check NEET Cut off
What is the Valid NEET Score?
NEET Percentile Score is the minimum score that should be obtained by candidates in order to qualify NEET 2022
- NEET Percentile score is calculated on the basis of candidate’s relative position in comparison to other rank holders.
- NEET All India Rank is calculated on the basis of absolute score obtained by candidates in NEET.
Candidates can go through the table below to know more about NEET qualifying percentile for counselling:
|Category||NEET Cut off percentile||NEET cutoff scores|
Admission After NEET
Candidates can get admission to the following course after qualifying NEET scores.
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BUMS – Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- BHMS – Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- BSMS – Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery
- BNYS – Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga Sciences
- B.V.Sc and AH courses. – Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- NEET Cut off Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- NEET Cut off VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
How to Improve NEET Score?
- Candidates must have in-depth knowledge of the topics before answering the questions from that section.
- Clear your concepts to score good marks in the exam.
- Candidates must have shorter and accurate methods to solve questions in less time so that they can solve more questions.
- Take more mock tests so that you can effectively manage your time during the time of real examination.
- Read the questions carefully. Do not ignore the important data because this may lead to a drop in your overall score as well.
- Most of the questions are twisted to judge the ability of candidates, so reading the question carefully can help a lot in understanding the concept clearly.
How to use NEET valid score to get admission in Indian Medical Colleges?
Candidates who will qualify NEET will become eligible to apply for counselling. Candidates who will obtain a minimum of 50th percentile (General Category), 40th percentile (SC/ ST/ OBC) and 45th percentile (general-physically handicapped) in NEET 2022 will be considered qualified in the exam. The ministry will also release a list of qualified candidates under All India Quota excluding candidates from Jammu and Kashmir to take part in 15% AIQ Counselling.
MCI will conduct the counselling to fill 15% All India Quota Seats in two rounds. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to get a seat in their preferable college.
- Register at the official website.
- Enter all the details that are mandatory.
- Make of payment of counselling fees which is divided into parts i.e. refundable and non-refundable.
- After making payment, candidates will be required to submit preferences. You can view the list of colleges on the screen and fill as many choices as you want.
- After locking the choices you cannot change them. So candidates are advised to fill the choices carefully.
- The authorities will release the result of seat allotment based on NEET score and after that candidates will have to report for admission to their allotted colleges to complete the admission process.
Candidates can check the NEET Cut off for Top Medical Institutes of India. The cut off mentioned below in the table is of the previous year.
|College Name||Closing Rank||Opening Rank|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||250||32|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital||150||157|
|University College of Medical Science||150||171|
|Govt. Medical College||250||360|
|Seth G.S Medical College||180||638|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||150||489|
|CSM Medical University||250||3692|
|S. M. S Medical College||250||356|
|Grant Medical College & Sir J. J. Hospital||200||382|
|Pt. B. D. Sharma PGIMS||200||600|
|King George Medical College||NA||506|
|Sardar Patel Medical College||250||1083|
|Madras Medical College||250||501|
|Dr S.N Medical College||250||1128|
|T. D. Medical College||150||747|
|M. G. M. Medical College||100||1375|
|Rural Institute of Med Science & Research||150||1953|
NEET 2022 Validity FAQs
Question: What is the validity of NEET scores to study MBBS in India?
Ans. The validity of NEET score to study in the Indian medical colleges is only for the one year i.e for the ongoing academic session. NEET is conducted every year in India and soon after the declaration of result candidates get admission into their preferable colleges. So the chances of facing any type of delay in the admission process are very less.
Question: I have cleared NEET in 2019 and want to take admission in a foreign university. Can I take admission with my current scorecard or I have to appear again for the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can apply with your NEET 2019 score. The validity of NEET scores to get apply for admission in foreign universities is 3 years. The decision had been taken by MCI because the admission process of foreign universities is time taking. It almost takes 7-12 months to complete the admission process hence the decision of extension in validity was taken by authorities
Question: What is a valid NEET score that I need to obtain in order to become eligible for admission?
Ans. Candidates who will obtain a minimum of 50th percentile (General Category), 40th percentile (SC/ ST/ OBC), and 45th percentile (general-physically handicapped) in NEET 2022 will be considered qualified in the exam.
Question: Is NEET mandatory to take admission in foreign universities?
Ans. Yes. NEET is mandatory to take admission in medical university abroad. The major of the same is that officials noticed that medical institutions or universities of foreign countries admit Indian students without proper or good assessment methods so order to maintain a standard in the medical field the decision had been taken.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.