NIFT 2022 Application Form is released on the official website of NIFT. Candidates who have completed or appearing for Class 12 Examination( or equivalent) from a recognized board can register themselves for NIFT 2022 by January 17, 2022. Candidates appearing for the exam should also ensure that they meet NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria for the specific undergraduate or postgraduate course they are applying for before registering themselves on the official website. Check NIFT 2022 Registration
- NIFT 2022 for UG as well as PG programs will be conducted on February 6, 2022.
- Eligible candidates who clear NIFT cut-off will be eligible to appear for NIFT counseling to secure admission to one of the participating colleges. Check the list of NIFT participating colleges.
- Applicants can apply for NIFT 2022 for various undergraduate or postgraduate courses viz. Design (B.Des), Fashion Technology (B.FTech), Master in Design (M.Des), and Fashion Management (M.FTech).
- NIFT 2022 Exam Pattern will consist of CAT (Creative Aptitude Test) and GAT (General Aptitude Test) followed by GD/PI round.
What is NIFT? NIFT or National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts national level entrance examination for admission to various design courses viz - B.Des, and B.FTech, for undergraduate program and M.Des and M.FTech for post-graduation program, NIFT 2022 will be conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology through the offline mode.
NIFT 2022 Exam Dates
NIFT 2022 Exam Dates have been released by NIFT. Dates for UG as well as PG program are tabulated below:
|Registration starts||December 3, 2021 (Out)|
|Last Date for Registration||January 17, 2022|
|Last Date for Registration(with late fee of INR 5000)||January 18- January 22, 2022|
|Form Correction Window Opens||January 18- January 22, 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date|| |
January 29, 2022
|Written Exam (UG and PG)||February 6, 2022|
|Window to raise objections in Written Exam||2nd week of February 2022|
|NIFT 2022 Results (Written Examination)||3rd week of March 2022|
|GD/PI round||2nd week of April 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||1st week of May 2022|
|NIFT 2022 Counselling||4th week of May 2022|
NIFT Exam 2022 Highlights
- Exam Name- National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam
- Conducting Body- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Exam Type- NIFT Exam is a national level entrance exam for admission to 4 Years Bachelor in Design/Bachelor in Fashion Technology; 2 Years Master in Design/Fashion Management and Master in Fashion Technology programs offered by NIFT institutes.
- Eligibility Criteria- UG: 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board PG: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University
- Mode of Application- NIFT application form can be filled online on the official website of NIFT,
- Mode of Exam- NIFT is an offline, paper-based test
NIFT 2022 Application Form
NIFT 2022 Online Application form has been made available on December 3, 2021. Applicants are required to visit the official website, i.e. www.nift.ac.in, and follow the steps listed below to complete the application process:
Step I: Register on the official website before proceeding to fill NIFT 2022 Application Form Upon successful registration, the applicant’s login credentials will be sent via email to the registered email address. Applicants should save this email for future reference.
Step II: Log in using the credentials to access and fill the Application Form. Fill in all the mandatory fields with correct details.
Step III: Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents to the Online Application Form:
- Applicant’s recent passport-size colored photograph in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 50 KB in memory size.
- Applicant’s specimen signature in black on white background, in JPG/JPEG format, and not exceeding 50 KB in memory size.
Step IV: After uploading the required documents, the Application Fee can be paid online via Credit/Debit Card or offline via demand draft. In the case of Online fee payment, applicants do not have to send the print-out of the application form to NIFT.
In case of offline fee payment, applicants need to draw a Demand Draft of the requisite amount in favor of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi. The details of the Demand Draft need to be entered online to complete the application process within the submission deadline.
Applicants must send the Demand Draft along with a printout of the filled-in Application Form duly completed in all respect (via Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier Service) to:
The Project Manager CMS,
All India Management Association, Management House,
14 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003, India.
The demand draft should reach the address within the specified date.
NIFT 2022 Application Fee
Category-wise indicative Application Fees for NIFT 2022 are as under:
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||SC/ST/PWD|
|INR 3000||INR 1500|
NIFT 2022 Exam Centers
NIFT 2022 will be an offline paper-based test for all UG and PG Programs conducted across 32 cities
Applicants can select only one preferred examination city during the application process. Based on this choice, all eligible candidates will appear for the written test at the Examination City selected by them.
Please note that no request for any changes in the examination center was entertained by NIFT and it reserved the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres listed below.
|List Of Examination Centers|
NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
NIFT 2022 Eligibility conditions for both UG and PG level programs are tabulated below:
|Bachelor of Design – B. Des. (Fashion Design/ Knitwear Design/ Textile Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Fashion Communication)|
Not more than 24 years as of August 1, 2022, for General candidates (Relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
|Academic Qualification||Successfully completed or appearing for 10+2 qualifying examination or equivalent from any recognized Board, OR, Completed/Appearing for 3 or 4-years diploma final examination recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Technology)– B. F. Tech|
Not more than 24 years as of August 1, 2022, for General candidates (can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
|Academic Qualification||Successfully completed or appearing for 10+2 qualifying examination or equivalent from any recognized Board, having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a subject combination, OR, Completed/Appearing for 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.|
|Master of Design - M. Des. And Master of Fashion Management – MFM|
No age limit is prescribed for PG programs
|Academic Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized Institute/University, OR, Undergraduate Diploma of minimum 3-years duration in any discipline from NIFT/NID|
|Master of Fashion Technology – M. F. Tech|
No age limit is prescribed for PG programs
|Academic Qualification||B. F. Tech. from NIFT, OR, B. E/B. Tech. from a recognized Institute/University.|
NIFT 2022 Exam Pattern
NIFT 2022 exam pattern attempts to test the knowledge, aptitude, and skills of the candidates for the chosen program. As such, the entrance test is split into three stages, viz. Written Test, Situation Test, and Group Discussion/Personal Interview. The written test is further split into Creative Ability Test (CAT), and General Ability Test (GAT):
- Written Test
- Creative ability test (CAT): CAT (Creative Ability Test) aims to evaluate the candidates’ observing power in the development of a concept, as well as their intuitive, and design ability. Candidates’ illustrative skills and creativity in the use of color are important aspects CAT.
- General ability test (GAT): GAT (General Ability Test) gauges the candidates’ general aptitude and quantitative, communicative, and analytic skills apart from knowledge in general & current happenings.
- Situation test: This exam is designed to evaluate and test a candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability as per the given situation with the material provided.
- Group Discussion/ Personal Interview
|Structure of Creative Ability Test|
|B. Des. M. Des.||Medium: English Duration: 180 minutes Maximum Marks: 100|
|Structure of General Ability Test|
|B. Des & M. Des||Medium: English Duration: 120 minutes Maximum Marks: 100|
|B. Des & M. Des||Medium: English Duration: 180 minutes Maximum Marks: 100|
The final stage of NIFT 2022 will be the Personal Interview round wherein candidates will be evaluated by an Interview Panel on the basis of the candidates’ academic and co-curricular achievements, creative and lateral thinking ability, communication skills, and finally career orientation and aptness for the selected program.
Check NIFT Exam Pattern
NIFT 2022 Exam Syllabus
The Scope of the different sections of the NIFT 2022 Syllabus is listed below; the level of difficulty of questions posed may vary from course to course.
- Quantitative Ability consists of questions on basic mathematical functions like Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension test the language skills of candidates in terms of daily use of English as a medium of communication. It evaluates the candidates’ knowledge of synonyms, antonyms, and words and their meanings, singular/plural words, one-word substitutes, idioms and common phrases, correct spellings, reading comprehension, etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability puts to test the candidates’ competence in applying logic and inferring facts from given information, as well as ability in problem identification and applying reason to arrive at a solution for the problem. Creative and lateral thinking will come in handy for candidates in this section.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs section would review the candidates’ awareness in terms of general and current affairs.
- The Case Study section would provide a real-life industry situation to candidates aiming to gauge the candidates’ management skills.
Some questions from the engineering as well would be posed for the M. F. Tech program.
Candidates may consider referring to the books listed below in preparation for NIFT entrance exam 2022
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Popular Master Guide NIFT and IIFT||R. Gupta|
|NIFT/NID Exam Guide||Dr R. P. Datason|
|NIFT Entrance Examination Guide||D. Mittal|
|Entrance Examinations for NIFT/NID/IIFT||Arihant Publications|
|NIFT Previous years papers (solved)||Ramesh publishing house|
NIFT 2022 Admit Card
On the basis of information furnished by applicants in NIFT Application Form, Admit Cards of provisionally eligible candidates will be available to download from the official website. Applicants are advised to check NIFT website regularly for updates.
NIFT Admit Card is a mandatory document without which applicants will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the admit card:
Step I: Visit the official website of NIFT, www.nift.ac.in
Step II: Click on the tab ‘NIFT 2022 Admit Card’
Step III: Enter the required information as demanded by the page
Step IV: Download and take the printout of NIFT 2022 Admit Card.
NIFT 2022 Result
NIFT 2022 Results for the prelims exam will be released in online mode on the official website of NIFT in the third week of March 2022 Final results will be available in the month of May or June for Undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates can access their results from their individual login on the official website. The steps involved in the process are:
Step I: Visit the official website of NIFT, i.e. www.nift.ac.in.
Step II: Click on the tab ‘Result 2022’.
Step III: Enter details as demanded on-screen.
Step IV: the result would be displayed on the screen.
Step V: Download the result and obtain a printout.
NIFT 2022 Counselling
NIFT 2022 Counselling Registration will likely commence in May or June 2022. For NIFT 2022 Counselling, Candidates are required to register through the official website.
Though the institute does not charge any fee for the primary round of counseling, each subsequent round of counseling would be charged at the rate of ₹5000/-. Further details of counseling like the mode, dates, and procedure are available on the website.
Documents required in originals along with photocopies for NIFT Counselling process:
- All-Academic Certificates up to qualifying examination. In case of final exam appearing candidate whose result is due, all original mark sheet of the previous semester/years needs to be presented along with the date sheet/admit card for examination.
- Demand Draft of requisite fee in favour of ‘NIFT HO’. Payable at New Delhi has to be submitted. The candidate’s name, counselling date, contact number, program name, NIFT Rank, and Roll Number should be clearly mentioned at the back of DD.
- Proof of DOB
- Documents in the prescribed format, in support of the claim of reservation.
- Parent's Income Certificate as the basis for Tuition Fee funding.
- Medical certificate in the prescribed format issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking only provisional admission in case the qualifying examination result is due.
- Anti-Ragging Declaration and Declaration regarding Fee Refund.
NIFT 2022 Selection Process
NIFT 2022 Selection Process includes a written test, situation test, and interview. Candidates clearing the NIFT exam are called for further rounds of selection. Candidates will need to appear for the PI/GD round for admission to M.Des., MFM and M.F.Tech. The weightage of the exam for different courses is as follows:
|B. F. Tech||GAT||100%|
|M. F. Tech||GAT||70%|
In case of equal scores of two candidates, the older candidate (as per DOB) will be given preference.
NIFT 2022 Cut-Off
NIFT 2022 Cut-Off is released by the conducting authority in online mode on its official website. It will consist of category and campus-wise closing rank in order to provide admission in various undergraduate courses in fashion technology and design. It is necessary for the candidates to meet the minimum required cut-off declared by the institutes. To download NIFT 2022 Cut off, candidates will be required to visit the official website. Then click on the link for downloading the cut-off. By default, it will appear as a PDF file on the screen.
NIFT 2021 Paper Analysis
- The current affairs section was slightly tricky.
- Maths section was difficult.
- CAT paper was difficult and tricky.
|Slot 1 - Creative Ability Test(CAT)||Moderate|
|Slot 2 - General Ability Test(GAT)||Moderate|
NIFT 2022 Seat Reservation
NIFT has a certain percentage of total seats reserved for the SC/ST, OBC-NCL, and Person with Disability (PWD). Also, supernumerary seats are reserved for candidates applying under Foreign National/SAARC/NRI, and State Domicile categories. The seat reservation scheme for the reserved categories is tabulated here:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability (PWD)||5% Horizontal reservation across all categories for Person with Disability (with 40% or more disability)|
|Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI||15% (Supernumerary)|
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)|
NIFT 2022 Courses Offered
Candidates can seek admission to the below-mentioned UG & PG courses based on NIFT 2022 exam:
|UG Courses||PG Courses|
|B.F.Tech Apparel Production||Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)|
|B.Des Textile Design||Master of Design (M.Des)|
|B.Des Accessory Design||Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)|
|B.Des Fashion Design|
|B.Des Fashion Communication|
|B.Des Leather Design|
|B.Des Knitwear Design|
NIFT 2022 FAQ
Ques. When will NIFT 2022 Registration start?
Ans. NIFT 2022 Registration starts on December 3, 2021 as the application forms for UG and PG courses have been made available online on the official website. Candidates can register themselves by January 17, 2022 without late fees.
Ques. What is the course fee for B. Des and M. Des courses for NIFT 2022 Admission?
Ans. For B.Des course the fee is INR 11.09 lakh and for the M. Des course the fee is INR 5.35 lakh
Ques. What are the sections under the GAT or General Ability Test for NIFT 2022?
Ans. There are 5 sections such as quantitative ability, communication ability, English comprehension, analytical ability, general knowledge, and current affairs under GAT
Ques. How many questions will be there in GAT for MFM courses in NIFT 2022?
Ans. There will be 150 questions in GAT for MFM courses.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in NIFT 2022 Exam?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in NIFT 2021 exam but 0.25 is deducted for each incorrect answer in GAT as negative marking.
Ques. When shall I receive an allotment letter for NIFT 2022 Admission Process?
Ans. You will receive the allotment letter after completion of the counselling process which will include registration and verification of documents submitted by the candidates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.