NIMCET 2021 Exam has been successfully conducted by NIT Raipur on August 7, 2021 (9:00 a to 11:00 am). NIMCET 2021 provisional Answer Key has been released and the candidates can challenge the answer key from August 9 to August 11, 2021, by paying an objection raising fee of INR 1000 per question. NIMCET 2021 Result has been declared on August 23, 2021 on the official website. Candidates will be ranked based on their NIMCET score and subsequently invited for the further stages of counselling process. Check NIMCET 2021 Answer Key & Result
NIMCET is a national-level entrance test conduct by NITs for Admission into MCA courses at 11 NITs across the country. Nearly 25,000 candidates register for the test each year. This year NIMCET 2021 has been organized by NIT Raipur on 7th August. Candidates could download NIMCET 2021 Admit Card using login credentials till the exam date.
- The paper consists of 120 MCQs of 4 marks each. The duration of the paper is 2 hours. Check NIMCET Exam Pattern
- NIMCET 2021 paper has 4 sections - Mathematics (50 questions), Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning (40 questions), Computer Awareness (10 questions), General English (20 questions). Check NIMCET Syllabus 2021
Highlights of NIMCET 2021
|Exam Name||NIT MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Institute Of Technology, Raipur|
|Mode of Exam||Paper Pen|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Number of Seats||805|
|NIMCET Helpline||0824-2473252 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
NIMCET 2021 Important Dates
The table below enlists all the important dates related to the exam:
|Release of NIMCET 2021 Offical Notification||March 2021|
|Commencement of Online Registration||March 11, 2021 (Started)|
|Last date to Apply||April 7, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Form Correction||April 2 – 7, 2021|
|Availability of NIMCET Admit Card||July 30, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Exam Date|| |
August 7, 2021
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||August 8, 2021|
|Challenge NIMCET Provisional Answer Key||August 9 to August 11, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||August 23, 2021|
|Commencement of online choice filling||August 24 – 28, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 First round of Seat Allotment||August 31, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Second round of Seat Allotment||September 11, 2021|
|NIMCET 2021 Third round of Seat Allotment||September 20, 2021|
NIMCET 2021 Result
NIMCET 2021 Results will be announced on August 23, 2021. Candidates will be ranked based on their performances in NIMCET exam. Candidates will be able to download their rank card/scorecard from the official website – nimcet.in.
- Steps to download the NIMCET 2021 Score Card:
- Go to the official website of NIMCET 2021
- Login using username and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
- Based on the marks obtained by all candidates in the entrance exam, a merit/rank list will be prepared by the concerned authorities.
- Candidates who get their names on the merit list will be eligible for counselling for seat allotment.
In case two or more candidates secure the same NIMCET 2021 Score, the following criteria will be followed to rank the candidates:
- Candidate scoring more marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- Candidate scoring more in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning will be ranked higher.
- Candidate scoring more in Computer Awareness will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is not resolved by the above criteria, then age will be considered i.e. older candidates will be ranked higher.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling
NIMCET 2021 Counselling is expected to begin in the last week of August 2021. All the candidates who cleared the cutoff can fill their choices and upload documents. Seat Allotment will be released in 4 rounds and Candidates can report to the allotted NIT on specified dates after each allotment.
- NIMCET 2021 Counselling process is conducted in three rounds and candidates will be notified of the same accordingly.
- Candidates allotted seats during the first two counseling rounds have to report to the specified NITs.
- If there are any vacant seats after the third counselling session, a final round of allotment will be conducted.
Steps in Counselling Process include:
- Register for the counselling session on the official website.
- Lock the order of preference of NITs between August 21 to 25, 2021.
- Pay an initial fee of INR 10000/- and present the receipt of the same at the time of the counselling.
- Documents to be presented by candidates appearing for remote reporting:
- Original academic documents
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Caste and relevant certificates for verification
- Payment receipt of the initial fee Rs. 10,000/- (to be paid through NIMCET 2021 website only)
- The candidate will also be issued a provisional admission letter
Note: Candidates who are allotted seats in the first and second round of allotment and do not report at any reporting center on specified dates, will be permanently deleted from the database and will not be offered any seat in the subsequent rounds of allotment.
NIMCET 2021 Eligibility
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no stated age limit to be eligible for the exam
- Candidates must have studied B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT/ B.E/ B.Tech of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
- They must have a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST).
- Candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible. They must present the passing certificate before September 15, 2021.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no limit on the number of times a candidate appears for NIMCET.
How to fill NIMCET 2021 Application Form?
NIMCET 2021 Application Forms will be available from March 11, 2021. All the candidates who wish to apply for the exam can submit their applications till April 7, 2021. The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
Step 1- Registration
- Visit the official website of NIMCET
- Register using Name, Email ID, Phone Number and Security Question
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email ID
- Click on “confirm my account” on the email received.
- Reset the password
Step 2- Filling the Application Form
- Login using email ID and password
- Click on Application Form.
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Marks Information
- Test Center Choice (Top 3 preference)
- Click on “Submit”
- Review all the information provided. If any changes are required, go back and make the changes else click on “Submit”
Step 3- Uploading the Documents
- Upload the duly attested scanned images of the following documents in the stated specifications:
|Document||File Size||File Format|
|Photograph of the Candidate||50kb – 500kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Signature of the Candidate||50kb – 500kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Aadhaar Card||50kb – 500kb|
|Mark Sheet Year-wise (Class X, XII, College Semester)||50kb – 500kb|
- Click on Review the Application Form.
- Click on Final Submit.
Step 4- Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee for NIMCET 2021 can only be paid online using Netbanking/Debit Card/Credit Card. Application fee to be paid by candidates is as follows:
Note: After completing the payment, download and take a print out of the application form.
NIMCET 2021 Admit Card
- NIMCET 2021 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website nimcet.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading NIMCET Admit Card, the candidates should send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org between May 15 – 22, 2021. They must state the details of the candidate’s application number and proof for the remittance of the fee.
- Admit must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
- In case of loss of NIMCET 2021 Admit Card, no request for issuance of duplicate admit card will be entertained.
|Information on NIMCET admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
NIMCET 2021 Exam Center
NIMCET 2021 was conducted in 21 cities across the country. The list of the same is given in the map and table below:
|Test Centre||Centre Code||Test Centre||Centre Code|
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- NIMCET question paper is divided into 4 sections namely, Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General English
- Each question has a weightage of 4 marks.
- The total weightage of the exam is 480 marks.
- 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer. There is no deduction for unattempted questions.
The section-wise pattern is given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
Read Detailed NIMCET Exam Pattern
NIMCET 2021 Syllabus
There are basically sections in the NIMCET question paper. Syllabus for each subject is given below:
Computer Awareness Section
- Basics of Computer - Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output Devices, Computer Memory, Structure of instructions in CPU and Back-Up Devices
- Data Representation - Representation Of Characters, Binary And Hexadecimal Representations and Integers and Fractions
- Binary Arithmetic - Addition, Subtraction, Venn Diagrams, Multiplication, Division, Boolean Algebra, Simple Arithmetic, And Two’s Complement Arithmetic, Floating-Point Representation Of Numbers and Truth Tables
General English Section
Candidates will be tested for their understanding of general concepts of the English language. Following topics will be covered in this section:
|Basic English Grammar||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Meaning of Idioms and Phrases||Technical Writing|
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning Section
Candidates will be required to answer questions based on the details given in the passage. Candidates will also be tested for their aptitude in logical situations.
|Set Theory||Probability and Statistics|
NIMCET 2021 Preparation Books
Listed below are few books for candidates preparing for NIMCET 2021:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|A Comprehensive Guide for M.C.A. Entrance Examination||R.S. Agarwal & Deepak Agarwal|
|A Concise English Grammar||RPH Editorial Board|
|A Modern Approach to Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|A Text Book on Calculus||S. K. Goyal|
|Advance General English||H. S. Bhatia|
|All about Reasoning (Verbal)||Anjani A Gupta|
|Arihant MCA Entrance Test||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Arithmetic for Competitive Examinations||Jain & Sharma|
|Barron’s Military Flight Aptitude Tests||Terry L. Duran|
|Common Errors in English||Abul Hashem|
|English Reading Comprehension||Anjani A Gupta|
|Excel With Objective Book for NIMCET||J.B Dixit, Ruchi Sharma and Ashish Mangal|
|General English||Abul Hashem|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A. K. Gupta|
|MCA Entrance Test (Self Study Guide)||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Mental Ability Tests||Dr.Lal & Jain|
|Test of English Language||RPH Editorial Board|
|Non Verbal Reasoning||B. S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Numerical Ability & Mathematical Aptitude||Dr. A.B. Ra|
|Objective General English||Anjani A Gupta|
|Objective Mathematics||M. L. Khanna|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Rita Mishra|
|The Aptitude Test Workbook||Jim Barrett|
Ques. What are the NITs accepting NIMCET Score?
Ans. A total of 11 NITs accept the scores of NIMCET exam. These are:
|NIMCET Participating Institutes|
|NIT Agartala||NIT Calicut|
|NITK Raipur||NIT Durgapur|
|MNIT Bhopal||NIT Jamshedpur|
|NIT Trichy||NIT Warangal|
|NIT Raipur||NIT Kurukshetra|
Ques. What is the seat matrix of each NIT?
Ans. The table below gives the break up of seats in all the participating NITs:
|NIT||Quota||OP||OP- PwD||OBC||OBC- PwD||SC||SC- PwD||ST||ST- PwD||Total|
|Kurukshetra ** (Self Financing)||All India||14||1||8||0||5||0||2||0||30|
Ques. What can be carried to the exam hall?
Ans. Candidates have to bring their own black or blue ink ballpoint pen for filling bubbles and particulars on the OMR Sheet. Calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets are NOT allowed into the examination hall. All rough work is to be done in the Test Booklet only.
Ques. How will the rank be calculated in NIMCET?
Ans. Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2021 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5 , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate.
- In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness. NIMCET-2021-Brochure.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.