The goal we have set for our newly developed master?s course is to help our students to acquire and develop this knowledge and these skills to the best of our ability.
We are firmly convinced that the following abilities are essential:
- Generalist approach: As a prospective master?s student, you are faced with the decision of whether to specialise further in a single area or establish a broad foundation. The requirements of the profession are constantly developing. We therefore consider it unwise to specialise too narrowly within a constantly changing environment. Like many internationally renowned universities, we therefore offer a general Master?s in Business Administration degree.
- Specialist knowledge: Nevertheless, detailed expertise is indispensable. Accordingly, you can specialise in two in-depth subjects of your choice as part of the course. The in-depth subjects you select will be stated on your degree certificate, giving you the opportunity to clearly indicate your specialisation to the job market.
- Research skills: In recent years, Business Administration has developed into a discipline shaped by analytical and empirical activities. As someone who will shape the future of the economy and research, this is why quantitative methodological skills are vital for you. Only those able to understand and evaluate scientific findings will be able to put them to profitable use. For this reason, as well as matching the Humboldtian ideal, the research orientation of our teaching is also an essential tool for your future success in a sometimes radically changing environment.
- Global orientation: Humboldt is an international ideal, the economy is an international business and Berlin is an international metropolis. For several years, the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration has offered an globally-oriented economics master?s course in the form of the ?Master of Economics and Management Science?. We are one of the first German universities to do so. Our new Master?s of Business Administration degree also benefits from this experience. The majority of the teaching sessions are held in English. We have a large number of international students. Humboldt-Universit?t maintains contacts with partner universities worldwide, and also encourages and expects international student exchange programmes.
- Social skills: Professional skills only lead to success when combined with social skills. Social behaviour cannot be learned from books, but is instead practised in day-to-day contact. Accordingly at Humboldt-Universit?t, we focus on knowledge transfer in seminars and smaller groups. We expect students to view each other as like-minded people within the group and work together towards success in their studies.
- Initiative: Freedom in research and teaching also means freedom for students when it comes to choosing their fields of study. In this spirit, our master?s course offers students extensive flexibility. However, this freedom does require personal initiative. This is what we expect and encourage in all issues of academic life, and look forward to working together with you.
|winter||Jul 15, 2019|
|summer||Jan 15, 2019|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|British Council IELTS Award 2020||$13047||Yes||Jun 10, 2020|
|Heinrich Boll Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 1, 2020|