This award aims to provide management and business professionals with the knowledge, skills and confidence in the application of information systems within an organisation, enabling them to:
- Identify appropriate IT driven opportunities and incorporate these into the strategic thinking process;
- Develop a framework appropriate to the organisational culture to facilitate the alignment and interplay of organisational strategies with information systems and e-commerce strategies;
- Take an active part in the decision-making process surrounding the use and development of IS with a particular emphasis on the management of change that may result from the transfer of technology within the organisation;
- Act as internal consultants within their organisations on the evaluation of IS/IT applications, their development and implementation, to improve organisational practices, productivity and profitability;
- Manage quality issues in the processes related to effective information systems planning, development and implementation; and
- Maintain and further develop standards of professional practice with regard to the organisational planning processes for effective IS/IT utilisation.
- This programme is offered within the Postgraduate Scheme in Computing.
- Students have the freedom to change their specialty and ultimate award.
- Flexible modes of study, i.e. both?full-time and part-time,?are available.
- Up to 15 credits can be transferred so that students can graduate earlier.
- All first-year students are eligible to apply for the Alan Turing Entrance Scholarship.
- PolyU alumni can apply for the COMP Alumni Scholarship?to the?value of 15% of the tuition fee of subjects taken in the first year of study.
- Some subjects are included on the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) list of reimbursable courses.