Lingnan University, is the only Liberal Arts University of Hong Kong. It offers associate, bachelors and research degrees to students in various areas of study. Lingnan University has been ranked in top 10 liberal arts colleges in Asia. It has also been ranked among top #2 universities for research in Translation, Visual Studies and Philosophy.
|Graduate Employability Rate||92.5%|
|No. of Faculties||3|
|No. of Courses Offered||30|
|Application Fee||HKD 150 – HKD 200|
|Part Time Job||Available, to support studies|
Programs and On-Campus Accommodation
- Some of the popular and ranked subjects offered at Lingnan are: Translation, Visual Studies, Economics, Business, Politics & International Studies, etc.
- There are 7 residential halls, which can accommodate students on the campus of Lingnan University.
Lingnan University Application Process
- Documents required: Copy of passport/visa, high school transcripts, academic references and Confidential Report Form (if applying for scholarships). The following documents required for:
- PG admissions- Bachelor/Master degree, brief plan of research, research experience, vision statement and international experience statement.
- Application deadlines: Early Round- December 31; Main Round- April 15, 2019; Late Round- July 10, 2019
- Selection criteria: Past academic/professional qualifications, research topic, work experience, suitability, potential, etc.
- English Language Test Score Requirements:
|Test Name||Required Score|
|IELTS||6.0 (UG)/6.5 (PG)|
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee||HKD 120,000|
|Hostel Fee||HKD 12,520|
|Personal Expenses||HKD 36,000|
At Lingnan University around 110 scholarships are offered to international students. Around HKD 13 million of scholarships and awards have been given to students so far. Some of the scholarships that are offered are:
Research PG Student Conference/Field Trip Scholarships: HKD 12,600 is offered to students.
Research PG Scholarships for Overseas Research Visits: HKD 25,000 – HKD 50,000 is offered to students.
Find A Program
Lingnan University Reviews
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found
Topics like auditing, Hong Kong business and company law, cost, and management accounting are some of the topics that I am wanted to study. Thus after a research work, I took admission to the university. Each and every module that is included in my program is essential to achieve the desired skills. Hence taking admission at Lingnan University proved the right decision for me. I applied to the university with the help of JUPAS that cost me $200. Along with the JUPAS fee I also paid $400 for the visa charges.
The total fee for my course is $208,000. Along with the tuition fee I also paid the deposit fee of $600. Some miscellaneous fee like University Students’ Union (SU) Membership Fees and an annual fee was also paid by me at the time of admission that sum up to $300.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary