Established in 1997, Maynooth University has been ranked #5 in Best Global Universities in Ireland. Currently, Maynooth is offering 235 UG and PG level courses through 26 departments in 3 faculties. Social Science, Natural Science, and Humanities courses are the most popular amongst the incoming students.
Maynooth is Ireland's only University in town with 13,700 students, including 2,240 taught postgraduate students and more than 400 research students. The international student tuition fee is between 12,000 EUR to 25,000 EUR. Around 60 scholarships in academic, sports, Entrance, etc categories are offered to students who need financial assistance. The students are placed in reputed Multinational companies, Government Departments, Semi-State Bodies and International Companies as well as institutes.
- Ranked #43 Global Young University Ranking by THE in 2020.
- As per QS World University ranking 2021, Maynooth University ranks between #701-750.
- The Times Higher Education World Ranking 2021 places Maynooth amongst the top 500 universities.
- In Europe, Maynooth ranks at #276 (QS Rankings 2021).
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|No. of Residence Complexes||3|
|Total Number of Students||13,700|
|Total Number of International Students||2,297|
|Research Funding||1.4 million EUR|
|Cost of Attendance||About 17,038 EUR|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
- The campus of MU is located just 25 kilometers from the city of Dublin. The university consists of two connected campuses: an older southern campus, with 19th-century buildings, and a modern northern campus.
- The on-campus residence is provided to full-time registered students (Maynooth + St.Patrick’s College) only and is offered 7 days per week accommodation across the full academic year by Maynooth Student Residences.
- The Campus has a library with a wide range of books, approximately 450,000 books/eBooks, and 42000+ electronic journals.
- On-Campus, Students find Archery,100+ clubs & societies, fitness, theaters and labs, cafes, restaurants, and bookshops that promote active student life.
Living on campus is an excellent opportunity where residents promote diversity in cultures, countries, abilities, gender, age groups, courses, etc. Maynooth Campus comprises of five residence options:
- The Courtyard Plaza consists of a Post room, Upper & Lower Courtyard, Laundry, Reception, Residence office.
- The Courtyard Apartment consists of a Hallway, Bedroom, Bathroom, Living Area, Apartment Exterior.
- The River Apartment consists of a Hallway, Bedroom, Bathroom, Living Area.
- The Village Apartment consists of a Hallway, Bedroom, Bathroom, Living Area.
- The Rye Hall consists of a Bedroom, Bathroom, Living Area.
The table below provides the details of the accommodation expenses at Maynooth:
|Room Type||Single room with own Bathroom En-suite||Single room (Shared Bathrooms)|
|Location||River, Rye Hall, and Courtyard||Rye Hall and Village|
|Utilities||500 EUR||500 EUR|
|Fee per Semester||2935 EUR||2200 EUR|
|Total Fee Academic Year||5870 EUR||4400 EUR|
|Total Cost for Academic Year||6370 EUR||4900 EUR|
Facilities provided for residents staying on campus are Apartment Postbox, Wifi & Computer, Bins, Parkings, Gas Boilers for heating & hot water and Laundry having 2 cental Laundry Rooms in Courtyard and River respectively. For both wash and dry the charges are €2.50 separately, IN kitchen: microwave, oven, fridge & kettle, Single bed of size 3ft x 6'3ft/90cm x 190cm.
The University has 34 academic departments over 3 Faculties: Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy, Science and Engineering, and Social Sciences. Details of some of the popular Maynooth University courses are tabulated below:
|Program Name||Fees per Annum (EUR)||Eligibility Criteria|
|Masters in Economics||15,000||60% in UG in Computer Science;
Min. 3 years of work ex. if academic grades are low
|Masters in Finance||15,000||50 to 59% in bachelor’s degree;
Min 5 years of work ex. if scores are less
|MSc in Computer Science (Applied)||15,000||60% in UG in Computer Science;
|Bachelors Of Arts||13,500||HSC 75% & English result of 70% for CBSE & ICSE|
|Bachelors Of Science||15,000||HSC 75% & English result of 70% for CBSE & ICSE|
Admissions at Maynooth University take place in Spring and Fall semesters. The admission application details for the international students are mentioned below:
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Fall Semester: May 31
- Spring Semester: October 31
General Requirements: Official academic transcripts, official program completion certificate, mark sheets, and English test scores.
Additional Requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, 2 recommendation letters, CV, and SOP.
|Courses||UG (in EUR)||PG (in EUR)|
Note: For all the doctorate programs, the tuition fee is 15,000 EUR.
|Expenses||Annual Cost (EUR)|
|Books and materials||350|
At Maynooth, international students may avail of financial assistance in form of grants/scholarships/student loan. Few such scholarships are:
MU Sports Scholarships:
- Benefits: Covers the sports, university costs, and provides free part/full-time work commitments.
- Eligibility: The Scholarship is awarded to students who have reached or are capable of achieving excellent performance.
- Deadline: 1 April (annually).
MU Entrance Scholarships
- Benefits: Tuition fee award worth 1,000 EUR. Additionally, scholars have the choice to reside on campus but the normal charges do apply for them.
- Eligibility: Incoming first-year UG students with 550 or more CAO points.
- Deadline: Automatically Accepted
Google Women Techmakers Undergraduate Scholar Award
- Benefits: 1000 USD
- Eligibility: The Scholarship is awarded to females who have just commenced the third level education.
Credit Union Undergraduate Scholarship
- Benefits: Tuition fee worth 1000 EUR for 1st year
- Eligibility: Students commencing full-time Third Level Course.
- Deadline: 20 November.
Some other Maynooth University Scholarships include:
- Naughton Scholarships for Undergraduate STEM Entrants.
- Department of Education and Skills Scholarships and Bursaries.
- Music Scholarship for Second-year students.
- Dublin Port Company Undergraduate Scholarship
- If the students are fully registered students then they can work part-time up to 20 hours a week & work full time up to 40 hours a week but, only during holidays.
- The part-time jobs are advertised on notice boards in Students Union, in newspapers, and online for students so that it is easier for them to search for a job if they wish to work.
- The minimum wage provided is €9.80 per hour.
- International students who wish to work in Ireland must obtain a Personal Public Services Number.
Alumni Benefits include
- Access to Library
- Voting Rights in electing members of Ireland’s Upper House, Seanad Éireann.
- Connected via Networking & Social Media
- Access to Career & Job Opportunities.
- Participation in Alumni/Class Reunions.
- Access to Exam Transcripts and Fees receipt for evidence.
- Access to Gyms & Fitness Centers 5 EUR per pay and play.
- John MacManus: Trainee Solicitor at Coca-Cola.
- Thomas Dalton: Head of Recruitment North America - Content, Ops & Corporate Functions at TikTok.
- Emer Timmons: Founder and Managing Director at ET Solutions GmbH
- Robert McNamara: Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Colm Hughes: Tax Trainee at Baker Tilly.
- Tom Browne: Global E-commerce manager at Nokia.
- Amy Bohan: Manager-Technology Consulting at Accenture.
In order to get placed, the students have to submit a Placement Application Form in the placement office & attend placement classes conducted every week. Students post completing their graduation, post-graduation is recruited by top companies like Google, Accenture, Bank of Ireland, Cadbury, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, IBM, Intel, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Loreal, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Unilever, Zurich Financial Services and many more.
As per emolument, highest paying degrees at Maynooth University are:
|Degree||Average Salary Per Year (in USD)|
|Masters in Finance||136000|
Bachelors Of Arts
Masters in Science
Bachelor of Science
Overall Maynooth University is one of the fastest-growing universities and is internationally recognized. It is one of the best universities in Ireland to study in and is globally connected. The University ranks #1 in Ireland and is the only University in Ireland that comes in the top 100 universities THE Young University Rankings and is among the top 50 universities under 50 years old.
|M.S Data Science and Analytics|
September (31st Jul 2019)
|M.S Business Management|
September (31st Jul 2019)
|B.Sc Computer Science - Software Engineering (CSS)|
CAO/PAC Admission (31st Jul 2019)
CAO/PAC Admission (31st Jul 2019)
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
Maynooth University Reviews
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found
I chose to study at Maynooth University because it is ranked in top 50 young universities in the world. Another reason for me to take admission here was because of the short batch sizes and the cost of education. Education in USA/UK would have been on a high end and thus, Ireland was another English speaking country where I wanted to pursue my education. Therefore I paid €50 for the application fee to kickstart the process.
For the course in Business and Accounting, I paid an estimated tuition fee of €14,000. Apart from the tuition fee, I paid an amount of €300, as a part of the recreational fee. My books and supplies got covered under €2000.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary