When the University of Nottingham Malaysia (UNMC) opened in September 2000, it was the first British university campus in Malaysia. It offers degrees that are identical to those offered at University of Nottingham, UK, and all courses are taught in English. The University has outstanding teaching, training, and research facilities, including a well-equipped delivery system, library, dedicated study spaces and computers, language, scientific, and engineering laboratories, as well as online and virtual labs.
UNMC is ranked amongst the top 1% universities in the world. It is considered to be at tier 5 on the scale of 1 – 6 and ranked as “excellent” by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. Being a research-intensive university, UNMC emphasizes its research on nanotechnology, renewable energy, communication and culture, sustainable crops, and business productivity and innovation.
To Know the application process of University of Nottingham Malaysia, Click Here!
|Type of university||Private University|
|Number of Undergraduate Seats||3,948|
|Number of Postgraduate Seats||666|
|Percentage of International Students||36%|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||62 %|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Undergraduate Students||RM 35,000|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Graduate Students||RM 35,700|
|Application Fees||RM 200|
Go through complete guide to study in Malaysia
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
In 1881, the University of Nottingham was founded as a city college in Nottingham, England. In 1948, the college has renamed The University of Nottingham, and it has since grown to become a genuinely global institution, with several domestic campuses as well as foreign campuses in China and Malaysia.
- The Malaysia Campus offers degrees that are equivalent to those offered in the United Kingdom, and all courses are taught in English.
- It blends a high-quality living environment with cutting-edge educational, research, and teaching capabilities. Residential housing, a purpose-built sports facility, and swimming pool, a student association building, shops, and a library are among the other campus facilities.
- The Kuala Lumpur Teaching Centre (KLTC) is situated at the Chulan Tower, which is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's city center. Applied psychology, business and management, and education are among the postgraduate programs offered here.
- The students can access a variety of services and facilities at the University of Nottingham Malaysia. Aside from a cutting-edge library, the institution also offers outstanding non-academic amenities like a cafe and a large sports complex to make living on campus more pleasurable.
- With numerous clubs and groups to suit every inclination, the Student Association is at the center of student social life. The university offers nearly 80 club activities for the students.
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Residence
Within 11 halls of residence, totaling roughly 2,400 beds, the University offers a variety of accommodation options to fit your budget. They range in size from a single ensuite bathroom to four shared rooms, all with or without air conditioning. All of the rooms are fully furnished and have access to the internet. In the presence of the resident, there are also free maintenance and room cleaning services. Students can also live privately or in off–campus student accommodations in Malaysia.
On Campus Residence
|Type of Room||Room Rates (Per month)|
|Deluxe Single Room with Ensuite bathroom, A/c||RM 750|
|Single Room with shared Ensuite Bathroom, A/C||RM 615|
|Twin shared room||RM 455|
|Four shared room||RM 395|
Off campus Residence
|Type of Accommodation||Rate of Accommodation (Per month)|
|Shared Apartments||RM 400 - 700|
|Condominium||RM 1000 - 1500|
|Larger Apartments||RM 1500 – 2500|
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Programs
Arts and Education, Business and Management, Engineering, and Science are the programs offered by University of Nottingham, Malaysia .
|Course Name||Entry Requirements||Duration and Course Fee|
|Master Of Business Administration||Applicants must have graduated from an approved University||1 year RM68.365|
|MSc Chemical Engineering||Graduation in Chemical Engineering or related discipline||1year RM59,990|
|MA Media Communications and Culture||A relevant degree or relevant work experience.||1 year RM57,100|
|BSc Economics and International Economics||SPM/GCSE/IGCSE/High School Diploma or equivalent must have grade A in mathematics.||3 years RM 46,800 Per year|
|BSc Biomedical Sciences||SPM/GCSE/IGCSE/High School Diploma or equivalent must have grade B in mathematics and least credit - related science field.||3 years RM 53,800 Per year|
|BEng Civil Engineering||SPM/GCSE/IGCSE/High School Diploma or equivalent must have grade A in mathematics.||3 years RM59,300|
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Application Process
Application Fee: RM 200
Application deadline for September intakes:
- Postgraduate Programs in School of Education – 21 June 2021
- Foundational Programs – 28 June 2021
- All Undergraduate Programs, MBA – 12 July 2021
Application deadline for November intakes:
- Part - time Postgraduate programs – 10 September 2021
How to Apply?
- Choose the course for which students wish to apply.
- A few courses have special admission criteria, which students should be aware of. For example, Engineering students must have an A grade in mathematics.
- In the Nottingham Application form, including all essential papers, including your passport, English test results, and academic qualifications.
- You can apply directly through MyNottingham, the university's online application portal. When you submit your application, you will receive an immediate confirmation and be able to monitor its progress.
- The University's recommended payment option is through MyNottingham, the online application system. After you've submitted your application, you'll be able to pay the application cost.
- They strongly advise international offer holders to utilise the Nottingham Flywire site if they are paying in foreign currencies.
- You may check the status of your application at any moment by logging onto the MyNottingham site.
- If you are required to provide more papers to support your application, you will be notified by email.
- If you are selected, visit our offer acceptance page for information on how to accept your offer.
- 18 years of age
- Passport size photo
- Valid Passport for student visa
- Degree certificate and transcript
- Mark statement of higher secondary school
- English language proficiency requirements like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, GMAT score.
Note: The examination must have been taken no more than two years before the application for a student visa.
English Language Proficiency Test Score
The following minimum English language test scores from the below providers will be acceptable:
Note: Due to the COVID – 19 TOEFL iBT home edition is accepted for 2021 entry.
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Cost of Attendance
|Course||Fees (RM) per year|
|Foundation Course||RM8,500 – RM11,200|
|Undergraduate Course||RM35,600 – RM59,300|
|Postgraduate Course||RM41,900 – RM60,000|
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Cost of Living
The price you pay for accommodation will determine its quality. You can stay at budget accommodation such as hotels, backpackers, or apartments.
|On campus accommodation||RM415 – RM850 per month|
|Off campus accommodation||RM400 – RM2500 per month|
|Food||RM500 – RM700 per month|
|Common expenditure||RM200 – RM450 per month|
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Scholarships and Financial Aids
|High Achievers Scholarship||A scholarship that entitles the recipient to a 25% tuition fee reduction||A – level: 3A’s in general studies. IB – above 36 points UEC – 5A’s||The University will select the students based on academic performance.|
|Dean’s Excellence Scholarship||The Dean's Excellence Scholarships (DES) are a 25 percent fee discount. They are given to the highest-achieving students at the end of each academic year.||High - grade points “A” in each academic year||The University will select the students based on academic performance.|
|Alumni Scholarship||10% of 1st year fees.||Must be an alumnus of the university. Only for Postgraduate and research students.||Every alumnus will automatically benefit from the scholarship.|
|Hardship Fund||Varies according to the individuals||Registered and active student of the university Has outstanding tuition fee Experiencing unexpected financial difficulties||The Application form is available on the college website.|
Work while you study at University of Nottingham, Malaysia
International students on a student visa in Malaysia have limited alternatives for paid work.
Although there are certain legal options for students to work, the Malaysian Immigration Department has placed restrictions on international students working in any paid capacity while in Malaysia (see rules below).
- During semester breaks, you are only authorized to work 20 hours per week.
- If you are interested in working at any point throughout your education, please contact the International Office's Student Visa Officer.
- Under no circumstances should you engage in unauthorized work, since this may result in the revocation of your student visa.
The Application process for part - time job approval:
- International Cooperation Students who want to work part-time in Malaysia must provide the following documents:
- Supporting letter from a student - a good cause to work part-time
- A photocopy of all pages of their passport, including their address, email, and phone number
- The potential employer's offer letter, which includes information about working hours, compensation, and job
- Calendar of Academic Events
- Supporting letter from Dean/Head of College.
- The application for the part-time job must be approved by the Immigration Department.
- Students will be interviewed, and their applications will either be accepted or rejected.
- Students whose applications have been granted will have their passports endorsed accordingly.
The University is required by the Immigration Department to send a student's academic progress report every three months and to notify students who do not attend classes. The student's permission to work will only be extended provided he or she maintains excellent academic standing.
Alumni Network of University of Nottingham, Malaysia
The alumni network at the University includes outstanding people from all walks of life who work in a range of sectors, professions, and vocations all around the world. So, no matter where you travel, they'll be able to help you.
For alumni, the university provides notable events. Alumni Laurate Awards, Benefactors Evening, Reunions, Masterclasses, and International Graduates Pre-Departure Gathering are among the events.
|Datin Azrene Ahmad||Director of IMAGO Consultancy & Training. It is a well-known multinational organization that provides personal and professional development training to businesses as well as individual coaching, workshops, and seminars.|
|Molly Fong||CEO of The Body Shop (West Malaysia & Vietnam). The Body Shop International plc is a global manufacturer and retailer of ethically manufactured beauty and cosmetics products inspired by nature.|
|Dylan Lee||Founder of Salad Atelier. Salad Atelier, Malaysia's most well-known health food restaurant, also employs a dietician, Wendy Wong, who offers free diet counselling to customers, including specialized diets for diabetes, pregnancy, weight reduction, and skincare.|
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Placement
Students have great placement opportunity from globally reputed sectors:
- Banks: Alliance Bank, CIMB, Citibank, JP Morgan, HSBC, Maybank, OCBC, UOB, Public Bank, RHB Investment Bank;
- Multinational companies: Axiata Group, Estée Lauder, Frank Knight, Frost & Sullivan, GlaxoSmithKline, IBM, PwC, Wolters Kluwer;
- Policy institutes: Asia Strategy and Leadership Institute, Khazanah Research Institute, Penang Institute, World Bank; and
- Government: Bank Negara Malaysia, Malaysia Competition Commission, Maldives Ministry of Finance (Deputy Minister of Finance), MaGIC, Securities Commission.
In 2020, 90% of undergraduates and 96% of postgraduates secured employment or continued to study within six months of graduating.
Moving to a new nation and adjusting to a new environment may be thrilling and scary at the same time. The Nottingham community assists you in making the most of your transfer. In nations all around the world, the University of Nottingham Malaysia collaborates with a variety of foreign academic services, educational organisations, and counsellors. These agents and counsellors can assist you in selecting the appropriate course and provide guidance and assistance during the application process.
|M.Sc Business and Management|
Term 1 (12th Jul 2021)
|M.Sc International Development Management|
Term 1 (12th Jul 2021)
|B.Sc Computer Science|
Term 1 (1st Mar 2021)
|B.Sc International Business Management|
Term 1 (30th May 2019)
Term 2 (30th Sep 2019)
Find A Program
University of Nottingham Malaysia Reviews
Most Popular Tags
2 Reviews Found
I always wanted to pursue my MBA from Malaysia. I applied to 2-3 universities through the online mode and got selected here at the University of Nottingham. I have paid RM 200 for the application which I have made for this university on the official website.
I have paid RM 67000 for the whole program other than the accommodation facilities.
My cousin sister studied from the same college a few years back, and she got placed in a reputed organization. Following her steps I enrolled myself in the college. I filled up the online application form and went ahead with the further application process.
The amount that I paid in the form of tuition fee was close to RM 36,000. As far as I remember, I paid an additional fee of RM1000 as a mandatory fee. My books and supplies cost precisely came under RM 2000. I don't think I had to pay any other fee other than above mentioned.
- Bus Station
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary