Sunway University which is set up in Malaysia is one of the most happening universities, awarding its students a great experience. It is a non-profit private university which is amongst the 2% which is known to offer its students with collaborative learning. Apart from this, the university is also well-known for its research facilities and scholarships.
Holding more than 5000+ students, the University is maintaining good ties with Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge. Apart from this, universities like Lancaster University UK and Le Cordon Bleu International are also among the list with which the University holds close ties.
Some of the popular rankings and other achievements bagged by the university are as follows:
- It is been given a 5-star rating by the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
- As per the student Barometer survey of 2017, it has been ranked 1st in Asia for its laboratories, physical library, technology and campus buildings.
- In QS world university rankings 2020, the university holds a place between 751-800.
- Another mentionable ranking was 5-star rating provided by National SETARA quality assessment in the year 2017.
|Type of university||Private|
|Faculty members||Around 442 full time employed members|
|Basic tuition fee Undergraduate international students||4,20,437 RM per year|
|Basic tuition fee graduate international students||2,71,646 RM per year|
|Test scores accepted||6.0 in IELTS and 80 in TOEFL|
Sunway University Campus and Residence
- The university campus is spread across 880,000 sq.ft filled with students from 60+ countries the university aims at giving the best to its students.
- The university has spent around 400 RM million on expanding its infrastructure and continues to keep on the good work.
- Good and enhanced learning and research spaces make students fall in love with it.
Sunway University Programs, Faculties and Divisions
Sunway University has 6 schools, offering a plethora of options to choose from. From Science and Technology to Arts, the students are awarded the liberty to choose any program of their choice. All the programs are recognized by international bodies and this provides students with an edge over others. The university comprises of the following schools:
- School of Arts
- Healthcare & Medical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Science & Technology
- Sunway University Business School
In addition to the schools mentioned above, Sunway comprises of 3 centers as well offering unique programs to students:
- Centre for American Education
- Centre for English Language Studies
- Jeffrey Sachs Centre on Sustainable Development
Sunway University stands ahead of the crowd when it comes to research programs. Students are encouraged through hackathons, Accelerator programs for start-ups and Design thinking workshops. Students have excelled in various areas of study and have also proceeded to give lectures throughout the world. It also has a total of 442+ staff and faculty members.
Sunway University Application Processes
Applications can be made online and via their official website. Mostly the admissions are welcomed during January, March and August. For further details regarding the courses, students can download the brochure from the official university website.
How to Apply: International applicants are required to click on ‘Apply Now’ and download the application form for international students. The form can be sent either via courier or via email.
Application Fee: MYR 3100 (Enrollment fee: MYR 700 + Student Pass Fee: MYR 2,400)
General Admission Requirements: Academic transcripts, results, high school/degree completion certificate, and English language certificate.
Supporting Documents: Copy of passport information page, sponsorship/scholarship offer, and 1 passport photo.
Language Proficiency Requirements: International applicants coming from non-native English speaking nations are required to give evidence of English proficiency. Applicants must fulfil the following minimum requirements for one of the English language tests in order to be eligible.
|English Language Test||Minimum Requirement|
|TOEFL||PBT- 550; CBT- 213; iBT- 80|
|Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP)||Pass Level 4 with a minimum of 65%|
Sunway University Cost and Expenditure
The overall cost of living would roughly around RM 3,07,138 for a year, which is inclusive of:
|Accommodation (Sunway hostels)||RM 380 – 1,650 per month|
|Food (3 basic meals)||RM 1,000 per month|
|Books & stationery||RM 200 – 500 per course or semester|
|Entertainment allowances||RM 100 – 200 per month|
Sunway University Scholarships and Financial Aids
The university provides a wide range of scholarships and rewards to its students namely,
- Sunway – ICAEW Global Accountant Scholarship Scheme
- School of Arts Music Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Continuing Scholarship
Apart from this also a number of education funds are also provided. A few among them are:
- The star education fund
- Nanyang tertiary education fund
- Sibling and parent alumni discount
- Community bursary
Work while you study
The University is determinant in providing its students with real workplace experience. So it offers internships as a part of their course. According to convenience students can also opt to work with the university as a student helper.
Sunway University Alumni Network
The university comes up with many alumni benefits. A few among them are listed below:
- Sunway Monash Residence allows visitors to enjoy their visit to the university.
- Career advice is provided by an expert team to Sunway alumni throughout their career.
- Apart from this library services, Sunway gym and Sunway alumni pal cards are also included in the benefits offered to the alumni.