University of Groningen is a public research university in Groningen, the Netherlands. Established in 1614, the university is one the best universities for international students in the world. The university has an alumni population 120,000 all over the world. It has consistently been ranked among the top 100 universities worldwide and is considered the best among the universities in the Netherlands.
|UG Application Portal||studielink.nl|
|Annual Budget||800 million Euros|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time; Online|
|Number of International Students||7,000|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||24,987 Euros|
|Contact Information||+31 (0)15 27 89111|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers 48 bachelors’ and 167 masters’ programs in 8 areas of study under 11 faculties.
- The most popular programs include – Ecology, Chemistry, Astronomy, Physics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Medical Sciences, Neurosciences, Sociology, Philosophy, Theology, Archaeology and Arts, etc.
- The campus is fully equipped with technologies to pursue research on various aspects of life, social sciences, sciences, theology and arts.
- The university does not have on campus housing, but assists students to find off campus housing from its official website.
University of Groningen Admissions
The deadlines for student intake varies with each program.
- Transcripts till the most recent education in English, Dutch, French or German; letter of reference
- Language Proficiency Test –
- TOEFL – 80
- IELTS – 6.5
- Cambridge – 183; CAE B; CPRE C
- NT2 for programs taught in Dutch
- Application fee – Varies
- Additional requirements – Letter of motivation; CV; Copy of passport for proof of identity.
The applications must be submitted through the studielink.nl portal for both bachelors’ and masters’ programs.
Financial Aid and Cost of Study
The university offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans and study abroad programs.
University of Groningen International Students Fees
|Expense||Cost in Euros|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Mechanical Engineering|
Term 1 (31st Jul 2021)
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
University of Groningen Reviews
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found
The university is located in a small place, filled with the students. It's a great place to pursue education Therefore, I went ahead to fill the online application for the university to pursue my education
To pursue my education at this university, I paid an amount of € 2000 towards my tuition. Other fees included the cost of the library and recreational fee, which came out to be €100. Apart from these costs, my books and supplies cost me an amount of € 2000.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary