Utrecht University is a public research university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Established in 1636, the university is among the oldest universities in the country. Known for its high end research, the university regularly ranks among the top 50 universities in the world and among the top 20 in the Netherlands.
|UG Application Portal||studielink.nl|
|Annual Budget||765 million Euros|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time; Online|
|Number of International Students||2,510|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||24,087 Euros|
|Contact Information||+31 30 253 9900|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers 49 bachelors’ and 147 masters’ programs under 7 faculties.
- The most popular programs include –Arts and Humanities; Pharmacology and Toxicology; Microbiology; Plant and Animal Science; and Geosciences.
- The university has no on campus housing but assists students find off campus housing on its official website.
Utrecht University Admissions
The deadlines for student intake varies with each program.
- Transcripts till the most recent education in English, Dutch, French or German; letter of reference
- Language Proficiency Test –
- TOEFL – 100
- IELTS – 7
- Cambridge – 194; CAE B
- NT2 for programs taught in Dutch
- Application fee – 100 Euros
- Additional requirements – Letter of motivation; CV; Copy of passport for proof of identity.
The applications must be submitted through the studielink.nl portal for both bachelors’ and masters’ programs.
Financial Aid and Cost of Study
The university offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans and study abroad programs. Students can seek scholarship options on studyinholland.nl website.
Utrecht University International Students Fees
|Expense||Cost in Euros|
The university has an alumni population 170,000 all over the world. It is associated with 12 noble prize winners. These alumni receive benefits like facilities discounts, career counselling and access to campus resources and events.
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
Utrecht University Reviews
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found
The Netherlands is a country with a lot of international students. It is located centrally within Europe, making it super easy to travel to other countries. I came across this University when I was looking up the brochure of the Netherlands. I then went further to fill the online application for this university.
I paid an amount of € 12.017 for the tuition fee. Apart from the tuition, there was a mandatory fee of € 1000, which I had to pay during the starting of the semester. Other than that, my books and supplies cost got covered under € 2000.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary