Wageningen University and Research is a public research university in Wageningen, the Netherlands. Established in 1876, the university specializes in life and social sciences, research. It is considered among the best universities in the world for agricultural and environmental science programs. The university ranked first in agriculture and forestry in 2017 QS World Rankings.
|UG Application Portal||studielink.nl|
|Annual Budget||635 million Euros|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time; Online|
|Number of International Students||2,468|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||33,087 Euros|
|Contact Information||+31 (0) 317 480100|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers 19 bachelors’ and 70 masters’ and has 5 departments.
- The most popular programs include – Agricultural Sciences; Environment and Ecology; Plant and Animal Sciences; Social Sciences and Public Health; and Microbiology.
- The campus is fully equipped with technologies to pursue research on various aspects of life and social sciences.
- The university has no on campus housing but assists students find off campus housing on its official website.
Wageningen University and Research Admissions
The deadlines for student intake varies with each program.
- Transcripts till the most recent education in English, Dutch, French or German; letter of reference
- Language Proficiency Test –
- TOEFL – 80
- IELTS – 6.5
- Cambridge – 183; CAE B; CPRE C
- NT2 for programs taught in Dutch
- Application fee – Varies
- Additional requirements – Letter of motivation; CV; Copy of passport for proof of identity.
The applications must be submitted through the studielink.nl portal for both bachelors’ and masters’ programs.
Financial Aid and Cost of Study
The university offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans and study abroad programs.
Wageningen University and Research International Students Fees
|Expense||Cost in Euros|
The university has an alumni population 50,020 all over the world. These alumni receive benefits like facilities discounts, career counselling and access to campus resources and events.
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
Wageningen University & Research Reviews
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found
I wanted to create and impact. I wanted to change things. Since I was a native of the place, I could see how things have changed in my country over the years. Therefore, I looked for the courses where I could get in-depth knowledge about the environment. That's how I came across the Wageningen University and went ahead to fill the application form.
I paid an amount of €2,000 as a part of my tuition fee. Apart from my tuition fee, my books and supplies got covered under €1000. Although, I did pay towards library and recreational cost, but I don't remember the cost of it.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary