Established in the year 2000, the Auckland University of Technology is one of the most modern universities in New Zealand. However, its lineage can be traced back to 1895 when it was originally founded as Auckland Technical School. The university has been declared as the second largest university in New Zealand, and has also been ranked in the top 1% universities in the world. Auckland University of Technology has an enrollment of approximately 29,000 students, out of which 6000 students are international students. The 100,000 alumni of the Auckland University of Technology are found around the world.
Table of Contents
The university is famous for providing excellent education and research. The Auckland University of Technology offers more than 250 degree courses and programs through its world recognised faculty in numerous disciplines. The university has been ranked and recognised in not just New Zealand but globally by international ranking organisations and institutions like QS World University Rankings, THE Global Rankings, and various others.
- Most of the programs at the Auckland University of Technology are ranked internationally. Some of these programs are health programs and the best sport science schools.
- International students at the Auckland University of Technology come from around 141 countries all over the globe.
- The university has more than 5000 industry partners around the world and has worked with more than 150 countries in the field of education.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation is highly promoted at the Auckland University of Technology.
The university is renowned in not just Australia but globally as well, some of the notable rankings of AUT are given below:
- Ranked #1 for global research impact and for international outlook in New Zealand.
- The university has also been ranked as the first Millenial University in Australasia and 15th in the world by the THE World University Rankings.
- Ranked #1 in New Zealand for hospitality and management by the QS World University Rankings.
- According to the QS World University Rankings, the Auckland University of Technology has been awarded 5 out of 5 stars for teaching, employability, research, internationalites, faculties, and innovation.
- AUT has also been ranked in the subject wise rankings, accounting and finance ranking in the range of top 150, business and management in top 250 and economics and econometrics in the top 350 by the QS World University Subject Wise Rankings, 2021.
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Areas of Study||250+|
|Number of Campus||3|
|No. of Residential Halls||10+|
|Campuses||North campus City campus South campus|
|Total enrolment||29,000 approximately|
|Helpline No. (International)||+64 9 921 9999|
- The Auckland University of Technology has 3 campuses namely south campus, north campus and city campus.
- The south campus is located in manukau, the north campus in Auckland’s north shore and the city campus in the heart of Auckland.
- The city campus is the main campus and is the biggest campus of the Auckland University of Technology.
- The north campus has courses in the area of education, health and sport, and the city campus is home to school of engineering, computer and mathematical sciences.
- As per reviews of AUT the campuses are filled with spaces for interactions and discussions, and have all the facilities available including libraries, computer suites offering 24 hour access, along with lecture theatres, laboratories and various studios.
- The WG building is quite famous at the city campus.
- A lot of tourist spots are also located nearby the city campus.
The Auckland University of Technology has accommodation options at each of its three campuses.Two types of accommodation facilities are available at the city campus since it’s the largest campus. The facilities are Mayoral Drive Student Accommodation, and the Wellesley Student Accommodation.
- For the north campus the accommodation available is Akoranga Student Village.
- Wellesley student apartments are available at the south campus.
- All of the accommodation options have facilities like wifi, shared lounge, dining area, fully furnished apartments and rooms.
- Apart from these options, the university also offers private accommodation options to international students which can be checked online at the official university website.
- The university also offers students with accommodation scholarships that can applied online.
- Students can apply for the residential facilities at the Auckland University of Technology for semester 2, 2021 through an online application.
The Auckland University of Technology offers admission for its two semesters namely semester I and semester II. It is advised for students well before the semesters start. The seats for various programs are subject to availability and fill on the first come first serve basis.
The application deadlines for both of the semesters are given below:
|Semester I||1 march 2021|
|Semester II||12 july 2021|
The Auckland University of Technology offers various kinds of mode of study and degree programs like online programs, pathway programs and others, for international students to choose from. The application process for international students is quite similar to that of the domestic students with some easy additional steps. Given below are the steps required for international students to complete their application process for admission at Auckland University of Technology.
- Step 1: after choosing their desired course/ program for study students need to check the application deadlines.
- Step 2: students then need to verify if they are eligible for the program that they have chosen and check the fees for the program.
- Step 3: applicants can apply through the online application available at the official university website or through an international agent at their home countries.
- Step 4: Students need to send the following supporting documentation, and completely filled application form to email@example.com .
- Step 5: students can submit the application after all the above steps are completed.
The tuition fees at the Auckland University of Technology vary with different programs. Given below is the table for top courses and their fees, it is to be noted that fees for international students might be slightly higher than the domestic students, and the below mentioned fees is subject to change.
|Program||Total Program Fees (in NZD)|
|Bachelor of Design||38,480|
|Bachelor of Visual arts||34,513|
|Bachelor of Business||31,890|
|Bachelor of Science||35,100|
|Master of Engineering||41,241|
|Master of Visual Arts||37,701|
|Master of Business||33,330|
|Master of Marketing||49,995|
|Master of Science (Computing)||56,540|
|Master of Philosophy||38,585|
|Master of Nursing science||38,580|
The cost of living in New Zealand also includes other types of fees apart from the tuition fees, some of the courses may even charge additional fees like fees for materials, equipment and others. An international enrolment fee of NZD 150 is also charged at the beginning of the first year. Additional costs include administration charges, medical and travel insurance, compulsory student services fees.
The university offers various types financial aid to study in New Zealand, be it awards, grants and scholarships. These aids are awarded not just to domestic students but also to international students. The scholarships are awarded to students under the under graduate, graduate, doctoral programs along with international students. Some scholarships are need based and some of them are based on merit.
Some of the scholarships are given below:
|Scholarships||Amount Awarded (NZD)|
|New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarship||10,000|
|AUT Under graduate Scholarship||7000|
|Women on campus millennium scholarship||1000|
|Rotary World Peace Scholarship||Varies|
|AUT Post Graduate Scholarship||9250|
The Auckland University of Technology has received 5 out of 5 employability stars by the QS World University Rankings, 2020-2022. The university periodically offers its students with resume writing classes, workshops for placements, group discussions, mock interviews to secure job opportunity in New Zealand
Given below are the salaries of alumni by degree as per emolument:
|Degree||Average Salary in NZD|
|Bachelor of arts||47,000|
|Bachelor of science||32,000|
A lot of notable alumni have graduated from the Auckland University of Technology, some of them being marine biologists, engineers and various others. Some of the notable alumni are given below:
- Bridget Dawson, NGO Fund Raiser
- Denym Bird, Business Creator
- Ticiana Fetterman, Marine Biologist
- Mohamud Mohamed, Human Rights Advocate
Auckland University of Technology is extremely famous for its research programs, the university is moderately competitive and the location very well suits international students. The Auckland University of Technology serves its students with programs highly recognised internationally, and have received a great employability rate as well.
Ques. What is the ranking of Auckland University of Technology?
The university has been ranked #1 for global research impact and for international outlook in New Zealand. The university has also been ranked as the first Millenial University in Australasia and 15th in the world by the THE World University Rankings. According to the QS World University Rankings, the Auckland University of Technology has been awarded 5 out of 5 stars for teaching, employability, research, internationalities, faculties, and innovation.
Ques. What are some of the famous courses offered at the Auckland University of Technology?
The Auckland University of Technology is extremely famous for its research programs, some of its other famous disciplines and programs include accounting and finance, business and management. MBA is also highly chosen among international students coming at the Auckland University of Technology.
Ques. What is the acceptance rate seen at the Auckland University of Technology?
The acceptance rate seen at the Auckland University of Technology is greater than 50%.
Ques. How is the admission decision taken at the Auckland University of Technology?
The under graduate applications take 1week to be processes and the graduate applications take 4 weeks to be processed, the university considers applicant’s academic history along with previous experiences to make an admission decision.
Ques. Are there any specific admission requirements for India?
For students applying at the University, hailing from India, they should have higher secondary certificate with at least 60%, and a minimum of 60% in english.
Ques. What is the address of Auckland University of Technology?
55 Wellesley Street East,
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
Auckland University of Technology Reviews
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found
It provides me with the best foundation and skills in the field of media and communications. AUT is a progressive place, always improving and accommodating to students in new ways that make studying less of a chore. It was the best choice all round.
Fees was through student loan, plus a student allowance that you can apply for which is $220 a week that needs to be paid back as well.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary