IIT JAM 2019 Application process will begin from the 1st week of September 2018. Candidates can fill the application form online from the official website of IIT JAM. Last date to fill IIT JAM 2019 Application form will be in the 2nd week of October 2018. It must be noted that no application form will be accepted after the last date.
IIT JAM Application Form filling process includes registration, filling details in application form and uploading of scanned images. After uploading all documents candidates have to make application fee payment. No application form will be submitted without application fee payment.
Application fee of INR 1500 and INR 2100 for 1 paper and 2 papers respectively need to be made by general category and OBC applicants. However, reserved category and female candidates need to make payment of INR 750 for one paper and INR 1050 for two papers. Candidates passed or appearing in graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
Upon successful registration, candidates will be able to download their IIT JAM Admit Card from the official website from 2nd week of January 2019 onwards. Candidates can make changes in the application form during the correction process. Find all relevant details regarding IIT JAM Application form, filling criteria, eligibility and others such further in the article.
IIT JAM 2019 or IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is conducted every year by IITs and IISCs on rotational basis. It is conducted for the candidates seeking admission in postgraduate programs in various institutes of IITs and IISc across India. For the year 2019, IIT JAM is scheduled to be held in February 2019.
Highlights of IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
|Exam Name||IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc|
|Conducting Authority||IITs and IISc|
|Official Website||Not yet available|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Availability of Application Form||1st week of September 2018|
|Last Date to Submit IIT JAM 2019 Application Form||2nd week of October 2018|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||2nd week of February|
IIT JAM 2019 Application dates
IIT JAM 2019 Application process begins from 1st week of September 2018 and will end in the 2nd week of October 2018. The exam is scheduled to take place in 2nd week of February 2019. Given below are the important dates for IIT JAM 2019 candidates can check:
|IIT JAM 2019 Application form will be available from||1st week of September 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application form||2nd week of October 2018|
|Admit card will be available from||2nd week of January 2019|
|Mock test link will be available from||February 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||2nd week of February 2019|
IIT JAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates must check the eligibility criteria. In case, candidates does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed by the examination authority then his/her form will be disqualified. Given below is the prescribed eligibility candidate candidates can check:
- Indian and Foreign candidates are eligible to fill IIT JAM 2019 Application Form.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- Candidates must secure at least 55% marks to be eligible. Reserved category candidates need to secure 50% marks to apply.
- Candidates appearing for qualifying examination are eligible to apply.
How to Fill IIT JAM 2019 Application Form?
IIT JAM 2019 Application form can be filled online from the official website. Application process will begin from 1st week of September 2018 till 2nd week of October 2018. Application process includes the following steps candidates can check to fill IIT JAM 2019 Application Form.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of IIT JAM
- Click on link ‘Apply for IIT JAM 2019’
- Candidates have to fill the credentials like
- Candidates Name
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Set password, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- Candidates will receive an email having information of registration number and Password on registered email ID.
- Candidates can Login via user ID and password for further process.
Step 2: Filling details in Application form
Candidates have to fill the following details in the application form:
- Basic details
- Communicational Details
- Educational details, etc.
Step 3: Uploading of Images
- Login to the candidates portal via User ID and password
- Upload scanned images by clicking on ‘choose file’
- Select the images of signature, photograph and Caste Certificate if applicable one by one
- Click on ‘next’
- Click on ‘Upload’ to upload the images.
- Scanned images must be in .jpg format
Specifications for Photograph and Signature
- The image should be in JPEG format with 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions.
- The photograph must be taken after July 01, 2017. The size should not exceed 0.3 MP.
- The face should occupy about 50% of the area
- Mobile phone & other self-composed portraits are not accepted
- The signature should be put in a rectangular box size, 7 cm × 2 cm (width x height) on an A4 white paper.
- The signature must be done with black or dark blue ink.
- The image should be in JPEG format with 560 x 160 (maximum pixel resolution) and 280 x 80 (minimum pixel resolution).
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- Login to the candidates portal using User ID and password
- Click on the link ‘Pay Application Fee’
- Candidates can make payment via Net Banking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
- Select the suitable payment mode for fee payment
- Enter all the details in the payment gateway
- Proceed for payment
- Print the Fee Receipt
Step 5: Post Payment Steps
- Review the IIT JAM 2019 Application Form carefully
- Print the Application Form for future purposes.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Fee
The final submission of application form will be done only after the application fee payment and receiving of application form by the conducting authority. Candidates can make the application fee payment only through online mode. Application Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Candidates can make payment through only through online mode by various methods given below:
- Internet Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
General category candidates have to make payment of INR 1500 for one paper and INR 2100 for two papers. On the other hand, reserved category candidates and female candidates will get relaxation in fee payment. They need to pay INR 750 for one paper and INR 1050 for two papers. Given below are the fee details for IIT JAM 2019 Application form candidates can check:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female Candidates, SC, ST, PwD||INR 750||INR 1050|
|General & OBC||INR 1500||INR 2100|
Retrieving Registration Number and Password
The candidates who forget their login credentials can reset them by visiting the official website of IIT JAM 2019. Given below are the steps for retrieving registration number and password candidates can check:
- Visit the official website
- Go to the candidate’s login page
- Click on ‘Forget Password’
- Password regeneration page will appear
- Reset password by using OTP method or answering Security questions
- Enter the details and click on submit
- Reset your password and login with new password.
Details in IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
Given below are the details candidates have to fill in the application form candidates can check:
- Qualification details
- Qualifying degree marks sheet and certificate
- Class 10th marks sheet
- Class 12th marks sheet
- Personal details
- Candidates name
- Mothers name
- Fathers name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Category Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- PwD Certificate if applicable
- Communicational details
- Mobile number
- Adhaar Card Number
- Email ID
- Test center preference
- Number and choice of test papers
IIT JAM 2019 Application form correction
Candidates can make correction in the application form at the time of opening of correction window. Candidates must visit the official website regularly to check all notifications. Given below are the information candidates can correct in the application form candidates can check:
- Candidate’s Name (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Date of Birth (minor change in date/ month/ year with document proof)
- Parent/Guardian’s Name (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Category (with document proof)
You are required to send an email to the authority within the given time limit from your IIT JAM 2019 registered email id along with the relevant documents. The email should be subjected to “Correction in data (enrollment number)”.