IIT JAM Result 2019 will be declared tentatively in the third week of March, 2019. Results can be downloaded from the official website i.e. through the registered login accounts. Candidates may access their results through their respective enrolment ID and password at the JOAPS website.
The result will be made available in the form of scorecard. IIT JAM Scorecard will be made available from April 2019 to July 2019. It must be noted that no hard copy for scorecard will be sent to the candidates and the same will only be made available online. Merit List of IIT JAM 2019 for qualified candidates will be prepared based on the All India Rank (AIR) secured by the candidate.
Qualified candidates will only be eligible for the further counselling process for admission. The admission process will start in the month of April 2019 after the announcement of results. Scorecards shall contain the All India Rank, result or scores obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam.
IIT JAM 2019 is a national level entrance exam conducted for the admission to M.Sc., M.Sc.- Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech, Ph.D. dual degree courses or other Post Graduate courses in the participating institutions. The exam is conducted by IIT or IISc rotationally. The total number of seats for admission are around 1700 for courses in IITs, IISc and 15 other participating institutes.
IIT JAM 2019 Result Highlights
|Declaration of Result||March 2019|
|Official Website||Not yet available|
|Conducting Body||Not yet available|
|Release of Individual Scorecard||March 2019|
|Details required to download||Enrolment ID and Password|
|Details on score card||Scores and All India Rank|
|First round of admission||May 2019|
|Second Round Admission||June 2019|
|Third Round Admission||June 2019|
|Closure of Admission||July 2019|
How to Check IIT JAM 2019 Result?
IIT JAM 2019 Result will be declared in March 2019 by the conducting body. The results will be declared on the official website of IIT JAM 2019. Candidates may log in to their accounts through valid enrolment ID and password to download the score card. No score card will be sent through post. Follow the given steps to check the results of IIT JAM 2019:
- Log in to the official website of IIT JAM at after submitting the login credentials.
- Click on the Result tab of JAM 2019 and a new window “JAM Online Application Processing System” (JOAPS) will open.
- Fill in the JOAPS email ID, Enrolment ID and password created during the application process.
- Assess the arithmetic expression provided on the window and place the value provided in the space given.
- Press the “Submit” button for the assessment of the IIT JAM 2019 Result.
- Confirm all the details cited on the score card. Save the IIT JAM 2019 Result, download and take a print out. Kindly save the hard copy of the score card for any future reference.
- If candidates forget their enrolment ID or password, click on the link at the bottom of the JOAPS window.
- Enter the email ID and date of birth used while registration.
- A link will be sent on the email ID to reset the password.
Details mentioned in IIT JAM 2019 Result
Enrolled candidates may get the score cards of IIT JAM 2019 after March 20, 2019. Candidate must keep the hardcopy of the score card for reference during admission. IIT JAM 2019 Scorecard will comprise of the basic information regarding the candidate and All India Rank and result along with some important instructions to the candidates. The details mentioned in the score card are as follows:
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- Test Paper Code
- Number of candidates who appeared in the test
- All India Rank
- Marks secured out of 100
- Applicant Photograph and signature
- Category wise distribution of marks
Candidates must confirm the details on the scorecard and thoroughly check the particulars which are given on the document.
IIT JAM 2019 Merit List
IIT JAM 2019 Merit List will be prepared after the results are declared by the conducting institute based on the performance of the candidates in a test paper.
- The merit list of IIT JAM 2019 will cover the names of the qualified students in the order of ranks secured by candidates.
- Candidates will be assigned an All India Rank (AIR) for each test in IIT JAM 2019.
- Number of seats available for each category will define the number of candidates in merit list for the different courses.
- For each category, different merit list will be prepared.
- Candidates securing a position in the merit list may thereafter apply for the admission process to various courses in IITs, IISc and 15 other participating institutes.
- The final merit list will be uploaded on the official website of the conducting body.
- JAM 2019 and the All India Ranks of each candidate will be given on the score card.
- The conducting Institute will use the Tie-breaking criteria to assign ranks to candidates who score the similar aggregate marks in a test paper.
IIT JAM 2019 Cut Off
After the declaration of Result, IIT JAM 2019 Cut off marks for each subject and all categories will be released. Candidates must go through the previous year’s IIT JAM 2019 Cut Off marks for their reference to get a rough idea of the marks to qualify the exam and check the minimum marks required to be eligible for IIT JAM 2019 Admission process.
Fill the admission form only after securing the required marks equal to or higher than the given cut off marks.
The expected cut off for IIT JAM 2019 is given below:
|Subject||General Category||OBC Category||SC/ ST Category|
IIT JAM Cut off Trends for General Category
IIT JAM 2019 Admission Process
After the results of IIT JAM 2019 are declared and cut off is announced, those who clear the cut off percentage securing the name on the merit list will only be eligible for the IIT JAM 2019 Admission Process.
Qualified candidates will be needed to submit the application form online through the official website within a given time. Follow the given steps for admission:
- Candidates will have to fill up the admission form online through the official website.
- Fill in the necessary particulars and upload the scanned copies of mandatory documents.
- Verify the application form before submitting.
- Pay the requisite fees of INR 600 to complete the application process.
- Candidates may pay the fees online via Net Banking or Credit/ Debit Card and save a copy of the receipt for future reference.
- All India Rank secured by the candidate will decide the offers by the participating institutions for admissions.
- After getting the offer for admission, candidate will have to log on to the official IIT JAM 2019 website. Choose an option depending on the admission offer.
- Pay the Seat Booking Fee via online mode after selecting the admission offer. Fees of INR 10,000 must be paid by General or OBC category candidates and INR 5,000 by SC/ ST/ PWD candidates in lieu of seat acceptance fee.
- Candidates who are being allotted with a seat will have to report to the college allotted to them and pay the fee. Various rounds will be conducted for admission by the Institutes.
All the qualified candidates are advised to keep the documents with them up-to-date for reference. Following are the documents required for admission:
- IIT JAM Scorecard and hall ticket
- Marksheet of 12th and 10th along with passing certificates
- Marksheet of graduation.
- Caste certificate/ PwD Certificate
- Nationality certificate