National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2019 Result for Prelims exam in the online mode tentatively in the second week of March 2019. Candidates can check their scores and ranks by logging into their accounts. Those who qualify Prelims round will appear for Mains exam.
NID Result 2019 will mention the qualifying status of candidates along with score obtained in Prelims exam of NID DAT Aptitude Test. Once the Mains exam is successfully conducted, a merit list will be released and candidates are further selected for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of design in National Institute of Design.
The Controller of Examination, NID will release the result and scorecard of examination. Only those who clear NID DAT 2019 exam will be able to download their result. Candidates can check complete details about NID Result 2019 further in the article.
How to Check NID Result 2019?
NID 2019 Results are announced via online mode on the official website of National Institute of Design. Results for both Prelims and Mains exam will be released separately. Candidates can check their respective NID Result 2019 by following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of NID, i.e. www.nid.edu.
- Select either undergraduate or postgraduate
- Log in by entering the registered user id and password
- Click on NID 2019 Result
- Enter candidate’s name and enrolment number
- NID 2019 Result would then be displayed.
- Download and print for future use
Details on NID 2019 Scorecard
NID 2019 Scorecard is an important document released by National Institute of Design for candidates to get admission in NID. NID 2019 Scorecard is an important document without which candidates will not be allowed to appear in the counselling session. Hence, it is recommended that candidates must keep a print copy of their NID 2019 scorecard safely and carry it along with them at the time of admissions procedure. Details mentioned on NID 2019 scorecard are mentioned below:
- Student’s Name
- Student’s birth date
- Category of student
- Application/registration number
- Roll number
- Exam center
- Counselling venue (with date and time)
Candidates must also carry a valid identity proof issued by Indian Government such as PAN card, driving license, Voter ID, Passport or smart card to the allotted counseling center.
NID 2019 Answer Key
NID 2019 Answer key will be released by the officials of National Institute of Design for candidates who are appearing for NID 2019 entrance exam as it gives them a fair idea of their result. It is made available online on NID’s official website.
Answer key for NID 2019 is expected to be out in March 2019, for UG programs and in May 2019 for PG program. Moreover, candidates do have the right to challenge the answer key released by NID authorities in case of any ambiguity, as per them. However, the final decision taken by NID board must be obeyed.
Steps to download NID 2019 answer key is listed below:
- Visit the official website of NID.
- Log in by entering your credentials.
- Click on the link that says “NID 2019 Answer key”.
- Enter candidate’s user id and enrolment number.
- Answer key will then be displayed on the screen.
- Students can cross-check their marked answers.
NID 2019 Merit List
National Institute of Design 2019 Merit List is released via online mode by the examination conducting board which is solely based on one’s performance and score in the mains exam. Several merit lists might be declared after the declaration of result which may vary as per the applicant’s category.
Candidates who manage to qualify the preliminary and mains test of NID 2019 shall be called further for the counselling session, based on which admissions will be offered. They are required to carry the below-mentioned documents to the counselling venue:
- NID 2019 Admit Card
- NID 2019 Scorecard
- 10th standard documents (certificate and mark sheets)
- 12th standard certificate and mark sheets.
- Graduation mark sheets and provisional (for post-graduate applicants)
- Reserved category certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
NID 2019 is a competitive examination and there is always a possibility that two or more students score equal marks and to resolve the issue calmly we need a set of protocols called tiebreaker.
Below mentioned is the tie-breaker criteria that will be implemented in any such situation:
- Candidate who has obtained higher marks in DAT prelims (part A) shall be provided a higher rank.
- If the tie doesn’t break, candidates who have secured higher marks in the mains exam (part B) will be ranked higher.
If this does not break the tie, candidate who has obtained higher marks in the question (out of three questions) of NID DAT mains 2018 that carries the highest marks shall be preferred over others.
NID 2019 Cut Off
NID 2019 Cut Off is defined as the minimum marks that a candidate requires in order to qualify the entrance test and be considered for admissions in National Institute of Design. Here, Cut Off marks imply the marks obtained by the last candidate in the 1st merit list.
Relaxation of marks facility in NID 2019 is given to the reserved category candidates. A relaxation of 10% is provided to OBC –NCL category, 20% to scheduled tribe and scheduled caste and 30% for physically handicapped candidates. The authorities will release the cut off list, along with the results which will determine whether a candidate is qualified.
Various factors that determine NID 2019 Cut Off are listed below:
- Availability of seats in National Institute of Design different locations.
- Previous year cut off list
- Number of students appearing for the test.
- Difficulty level of the question paper.
NID 2019 Counselling
NID DAT 2019 Counselling is expected to commence in June 2019. Qualified candidates will have to submit their preferences for the course of their choice via online mode. By doing so, they shall be considered eligible for the next stage of the admission process.
NID is a two-stage entrance test- preliminary and mains, and only those candidates will be able to participate who manages to qualify in both the stages. NID DAT 2019 Prelims exam is scheduled to be held tentatively in the first week of January 2019, result for which will be declared in the third week of March, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will then be required to appear for Mains exam and the final merit list will be released in the last week of May 2019. After this, Counselling shall be conducted by NID authorities on merit basis.
Counselling of NID DAT 2019 will include the following events for providing admission to candidates in National Institute of Design:
- Results declaration of NID DAT 2019.
- Document verification, fee payment and completion of admission formalities at NID Ahmedabad campus.
- Orientation programme conducted at the college campus.
Documents required at the time of Counselling:
- Government identity proof
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheet along with the qualifying certificate.
- Candidate’s category certificate
- 2 passport size photograph