National University of Singapore Business School is a top tier business institution in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region. The business school was established in 1965, the same year when Singapore gained independence. The business school is one of the 17 faculties of the reputed National University of Singapore, a globally ranked university. The NUS EMBA program ranked 3rd in the Asia Pacific region in QS EMBA Rankings 2020. The MBA program bagged the 4th position in Asia in QS Global MBA Rankings 2020.
Students can apply to NUS Business School through the online application. The university has a highly competitive application process with an acceptance rate of less than 10%. It is known to pursue MBA in Singapore and accepts applications on a rolling basis. A good GMAT/ GRE score is recommended for admission to graduate programs. An interview may be required for admission to the business school. Work experience of at least 2 years is required for admission to the MBA program at NUS.
The international tuition fee for the BBA program is 61,650 SGD. Graduate program tuition fees range between 45,000-125,000 SGD. The university provides accommodation to students with single and double occupancy options. International students who complete the housing application are assured campus accommodation. The monthly expense for accommodation is estimated to be 600-1,500 SGD depending on the choice of room. MBA program applicants have access to a variety of scholarships. However, the scholarships are limited and awarded to outstanding applicants with competitive GMAT/ GRE scores.
National University of Singapore Business School Rankings
The rankings of the National University of Singapore Business School are given below:
- Ranked 1st in Asia in QS World University Rankings 2022.
- Bagged the 15th place in the world for Masters in Business Analytics in QS World University Rankings 2021.
- In 2020, the university ranked in the following categories of QS Top Universities Rankings:
- 3rd in Asia Pacific in QS EMBA Rankings
- 4th in Asia in QS Global MBA Rankings
- 6th for UCLA – NUS Executive MBA Program in QS Global Joint EMBA Rankings
- 13th in the world for Accounting and Finance as well as Business and Management Studies in QS World University Rankings
- 15th in Asia-Pacific Executive MBA in QS Global Executive MBA Rankings 2020
|Type of Establishment||Public|
|Parent Institution||National University of Singapore|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Application Fees||UG: 20 SGD PG: 100-200 SGD|
|Test Score Accepted||SAT/ ACT/ GRE/ GMAT|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Undergraduate Students||61,650 SGD|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Graduate Students||45,000-125,000 SGD|
National University of Singapore Business School Campus
NUS Business School is located in the Kent Ridge campus of the university. The Mochtar Riady Building is the home to the university’s business school situated on the road intersecting Heng Mui Keng Terrace and Kent Ridge Drive.
- The Mochtar Riady Building is a nine-storey tall building spread across 16,000 square metres.
- There are more than 200 student organizations, societies and interest groups running on campus of NUS.
- The university participates in 40 types of sports. The Kent Ridge campus features two Olympic-sized swimming pools, outdoor training pools and indoor sports halls.
National University of Singapore Business School Accommodation
National University of Singapore offers a variety of accommodation options for full-time students. There are 3 main types of accommodation options - residence halls, student residences and residential colleges.
- The university has 7 halls of residence, 5 residential colleges and 2 student residences.
- Single and double room options are available for students staying in halls of residence and residential colleges.
- Student residences only have single occupancy options and are therefore slightly more expensive.
- Meal plans are compulsory for students residing in the halls of residence and residential colleges.
- Students living on campus are within walking distance from the classes and also enjoy access to the amenities on campus such as libraries, sports facilities, labs, campus activities, etc.
- Some basic student room facilities include desk with lamp, full length mirror, memo blind, internet connection, blinds, ceiling fan and laundry drying areas.
- The university provides assured accommodation to full-time international students in their first two years of their studies.
- Applicants are required to submit an accommodation application to be guaranteed accommodation.
The cost of various halls of residence are given in the table below:
|Hostel||Weekly Rate for Single Occupancy Room||Weekly Rate for Double Sharing Room|
|Eusoff Hall||121 SGD||83 SGD|
|Kent Ridge Hall||121 SGD||N/A|
|King Edward VII Hall||121 SGD||83 SGD|
|Raffles Hall||121 SGD||83 SGD|
|Sheares Hall||121 SGD||83 SGD|
|Temasek Hall||121 SGD||83 SGD|
|PGP House||127-144 SGD||-|
The table below shows the weekly rate for residential colleges and students residences:
|Hostels||Weekly Rate for AC Rooms||Weekly Rate for Non-AC Rooms|
|Cinnamon College/ College of Alice and Peter Tan/ Tembusu College||149-160 SGD||132-143 SGD|
|Residential College 4||149-160 SGD||N/A|
|Ridge View Residential Colleges||94-144 SGD||86-127 SGD|
|Prince George’s Park Residences||144-204 SGD||121-138 SGD|
|UTown Residence||149 SGD||132 SGD|
National University of Singapore Business School Programs
NUS Business School programs are offered through 6 academic departments of Accounting, Management and Organisation, Analytics and Operations, Finance, Strategy and Policy, and Marketing.
- At the undergraduate level, the university provides a Bachelor of Business Administration program with 8 double degree options.
- Graduate programs offered at the university include an NUS MBA, 3 executive MBA programs, and 9 MSc programs.
- The UCLA - NUS Executive MBA is an unique offering of the university that also ranked 6th globally for its excellence in the QS Global Joint EMBA Rankings 2020.
- Some of the top graduate programs are Executive MBA, Masters in Business Analytics, MSc in Finance, MSc in Accounting and MSc in Management.
- The university has introduced graduate and professional certificate programs for the graduating class of 2020 and 2021. Graduate certificates are offered in Asian Business Management, Innovation Management, and Analytics and Technology Management.
- Professional certificate programs are provided in Accounting and Finance, Small Business Management and Digital Marketing.
National University of Singapore Business School Admission Process
Admission to the NUS Business School is highly competitive. The university provides admission to exceptional students. Applicants can apply by completing the online application. Undergraduate applicants are charged an application fee of 20 SGD while graduate application fee varies from program to program and ranges between 100 SGD to 200 SGD. Applications for admission in 2021-22 have closed for most programs.
How to Apply?
Candidates seeking admission to National University of Singapore Business School must keep the following points in mind:
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: Undergraduate - 20 SGD; Graduate - 100-200 SGD
Application Deadlines: Application for admission in academic year 2021-2022 has closed. The deadline for applying to Master of Science programs for the January intake is July 15, 2021.
Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be fulfilled for admission to undergraduate programs:
- Copy of high school examination results or national examination results
- Proof of English language proficiency
- English translation of documents wherever applicable
- Copy of additional score report such as SAT, SAT subjects, ACT
- Copy of passport/ identification card or birth certificate
- Copy of criminal records, if applicable
- Copy of medical reports for any major illnesses
The requirements for admission to graduate programs are as follows:
- Official transcripts and mark sheets from undergraduate degree
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copy of GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment score report
- Updated CV/ resume
- Copy of passport
- Passport-sized photograph
- Admissions essay/ SOP
- Two professional references
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience for admission to MBA program
- At least 10 years of full-time work experience after first degree at a senior position for admission to Executive MBA program
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
International applicants must submit one of the following test scores as proof of English language proficiency:
National University of Singapore Business School Cost of Attendance
Candidates willing to study at the NUS Business School must be aware of the program fees and living expenses in Singapore before admission. At the business school, tuition fees vary as per programs. Living expenses largely depend on the individual’s preferences and standard of living. The tuition fees and standard living expenses are given in the tables below:
|Program||Tuition Fees (in SGD)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||61,650|
|NUS Executive MBA||105,000|
|MSc in Accounting||60,000|
|MSc in Management||45,000|
|MSc in Business Analytics||58,000|
Other estimated monthly costs for full-time students enrolled at the National University of Singapore Business School are given in the table below:
|Expense||Amount (in SGD)|
|Mobile and Broadband||50-150|
|Healthcare||18-55 per consultation|
National University of Singapore Business School Financial Aid
National University of Singapore Business School offers financial aid to international students in the form of scholarships. However, limited awards are available only for outstanding candidates. Scholarship recipients are shortlisted on the basis of academic merit and competitive GMAT/ GRE scores. A separate application is not required to apply for these study awards. The details of some scholarships are as follows:
- NUS Entrepreneurship Scholarship: Awarded to candidates who have shown interest and aptitude in entrepreneurial ventures.
- NUS MBA Women-in-Business Scholarship: Awarded to female candidates enrolled in full-time MBA with strong undergraduate background, leadership skills, competitive GMAT/ GRE skills and those who have made a positive impact on society.
- NUS MBA Study Awards: Scholarships such as Dean’s Award, Excellence Award and Achiever Award are awarded to excellent full-time MBA students. This award covers around 15% of the tuition fees. The candidates are selected on the basis of academic and professional achievements, leadership skills and competency.
- NUS Part-time MBA Scholarship: Candidates admitted to the part-time MBA program and having strong academic background, reasonable leadership skills and professional capabilities. Recipients of this award are chosen on the basis of score in GMAT/ GRE or equivalent standardized tests.
It must be noted that scholarships are not available for executive MBA program applicants.
National University of Singapore Business School Alumni
National University of Singapore has an alumni network of 288,000 members of which the business School alone has over 38,000 alumni all over the world. Named below are the notable alumni:
- Kuok Khoon Hong - CEO of Wilmar International
- Chua Sock Koong - former Group CEO of Singtel
- Adam Khoo - Executive chairman and Chief Master Trainer of Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group
- Yam Ah Mee - Chief Executive Director of the People's Association
- Ng Ser Miang - Entrepreneur, diplomat, and retired sailor
The university offers the following benefits to its alumni:
- Class reunions that help to stay connected to the university community
- Networking opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Career development and guidance
- Access to online profile building tools
- Opportunity to connect with industry leaders
- Volunteering opportunities
National University of Singapore Business School Placements
94% of the full-time MBA graduates were employed within 3 months from graduation. Employment opportunities in Singapore were provided to students in various parts of the world, dominantly in the Asian region. Graduates were employed in different sectors such as consulting, financial services, real estate, manufacturing, consumer products. According to university statistics, MBA graduates can earn a maximum salary of 180,000 SGD.
NUS Business School Career Services offers a wide range of services to students. The services include networking opportunities, career events, recruitment drives, corporate visits, resume writing workshops, interview preparation, etc. The university has an exclusive online recruitment system called TalentEdge where employment opportunities are posted regularly.
The top salaries of graduates of the National University of Singapore Business School by degree as given by emoluments is given in the table below:
|Degree||Average Salary (in SGD)|
|Masters in Finance||180,000|
|Master of Business Administration||142,000|
|Masters in Management||132,000|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||96,000|
National University of Singapore Business School provides quality education to students which has been consistently reflected in its rankings on various top websites such as QS and the Financial Times. It is accredited by AACSB International and EQUIS indicating that the university meets the highest standards of business education. Students at the business school get to learn from distinguished faculty who have been a part of renowned institutions and also author case studies on some of the top companies.
The business school has collaborations with some of the top universities and business schools in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America region through which students can participate in exchange programs and joint academic programs. NUS Business School is best-suited for highly motivated individuals to study abroad with leadership skills seeking exceptional business education.
Ques. Is the National University of Singapore Business School a good institution?
Ans. National University of Singapore Business School is a reputed business school that consistently ranked 1st in Asia in QS World University Rankings in 2021 and 2022.
Ques. What is the National University of Singapore Business School known for?
Ans. National University of Singapore Business School is well known for offering rigorous business education. The top ranked programs offered by the business school are Executive MBA, UCLA – NUS Executive MBA and MSc with specializations in Accounting, Finance, Management and Business Analytics.
Ques. How can I get into the National University of Singapore Business School?
Ans. To apply for admission to the National University of Singapore Business School, international students must complete the online application available on the university website along with the necessary application fee and supporting documents. The application fee for undergraduate applicants is 20 SGD and for graduate applicants it is 100-200 SGD.
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of National University of Singapore Business School?
Ans. National University of Singapore Business School is a very selective institution with a rigorous screening process. The business school had an acceptance rate of 7% for the most recent admitted class.
Ques. Is work experience required for admission to the MBA program?
Ans. Yes, MBA applicants must have at least 2 years of full-time managerial work experience for admission.
Ques. What is the average GMAT score required for admission to the MBA program?
Ans. The average GMAT score for admission to the MBA program is 667.
Ques. Is financial aid available for international students at National University of Singapore Business School?
Ans. Yes. International students are eligible to receive financial aid from the National University of Singapore Business School in the form of scholarships. The value of scholarships is applied towards the tuition fee. There is no requirement of a separate application to be considered for scholarships. However, it must be noted scholarships are not available for executive program candidates.
Ques. Does the National University of Singapore Business School provide campus accommodation to students?
Ans. National University of Singapore Business School provides campus accommodation to students in residence halls, student residences and residential colleges. In fact, full-time international students are assured university-provided accommodation for the first two years of their study.
Ques. Do international students get internship opportunities?
Ans. Yes, international students can participate in internships without any special work authorization. The internships are offered to students between May and July.
Ques. Are international students allowed to work while studying?
Ans. International students are eligible to work part-time during the academic term and full-time in summer. There is no requirement of a special work authorization for this.
Round 1 (27th Jan 2022)
Round 2 (31st Mar 2022)
|M.Sc Marketing Analytics and Insights|
Semester1 (15th Apr 2022)
Semester1 (1st Nov 2020)
Semester1 (1st Nov 2021)
Semester1 (15th Dec 2021)
Find A Program
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary