Established in 2009, Amity Global Institute, Singapore is a private education institute and a part of the Amity Education Group that currently enrols around 175,000 students. The institute partners with distinguished universities such as the University of London, University of Northampton, Teesside University to offer an array of degree programs to students planning to study in Singapore. The degree programs offered include undergraduate degrees, MBA, master’s degrees, diploma, foundation courses and certified courses across 8 disciplines.
Amity Global Institute, Singapore conducts two rounds of admissions for prospective applicants and selections are done based on merit. Candidates seeking admissions must have a minimum of a B grade at undergraduate or high school final examination and an IELTS score of 6.0 - 6.5.
Currently, Amity Institute is offering admissions for the year 2021, however, the exact deadlines vary based on the university offering the program. The tuition fee for international undergraduate students is 11,000 SGD-30,000 SGD and international graduate tuition fee between 18,888 SGD-28,999 SGD. The University also extends a variety of scholarships for international students.
|Type of Establishment||Private|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Application Fees||350 SGD|
|Test Score Accepted||IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE/ CAE|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Undergraduate Students||11,000-30,000 SGD|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Graduate Students||18,888-28,999 SGD|
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Rankings
The accolades achieved by Amity Global Institute are as follows:
- It is a member of the AACSB Business Education Alliance.
- The institute received the International Business Award for Education 2021 from Singapore Business Review, recognising its flexible teaching and learning approach, also known as the Cohesive Hybrid Learning Model.
- It was also reviewed as the Top Private Education Institution in Singapore by MediaOne.
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Application Deadlines
Admission for 2021 is ongoing. The application deadlines for various programs are given in the table below:
|Program||Application Deadline (for January to June)||Application Deadline (for July to December)|
|University of London, UK||April 14, 2021||July 4, 2021/ October 4, 2021|
|University for the Creative Arts, UK||April 26, 2021||October 25, 2021|
|Teesside University, UK||March 29, 2021||August 2, 2021/ November 29, 2021|
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Campus
The campus of Amity Global Institute is located at the House of Tan Yeok Nee on Penong Street in Singapore. The campus that students call their home is a gazetted national monument within the Orchard Road precinct.
- The institute is within 3 minutes walking distance from the Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Interchange Station that connects the North-South Line, the North-East Line and the Circle Line.
- The campus is a centre for conducting a series of events throughout the year such as guest lecturers, CEO Forum or CEO Dinner Series.
- Students at the institute are offered opportunities to indulge in sports, recreation, and literary activities that promote holistic growth.
- Other campus facilities include lecture rooms, library, computer labs and student study spaces.
- Singapore is a hub for entertainment, shopping, food and eating. Places to visit include over 250 shopping malls, night markets, theatres, and the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. The place has a multicultural heritage serving Asian, Chinese, Thai, Malay, Continental, Korean and Peranakan food to mention a few.
Amity Global Institute does not offer on-campus accommodation. However, international students can seek assistance from the university to search for suitable accommodation.
The institute may provide a list of housing resources that can be used by the students. The average monthly rent of accommodation is estimated to be 300-800 SGD including rent and utilities.
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Programs
Amity Global Institute serves its students by providing various bachelor’s degrees, MBA programs, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and certified courses. The programs at Amity University, Singapore are offered in full-time as well as part-time mode.
- Amity Global Institute offers 18 bachelor’s degrees, 9 master’s degrees, 26 diploma courses, 2 foundation courses and certificate courses in English.
- The main disciplines covered by the institute include Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and Management, Hospitality and Tourism, Information Technology, Law, Language, Supply Chain and Language.
- The institute has global partnerships with world-class universities such as the University of London, University of Northampton, University for the Creative Arts and Teesside University.
- Professional qualification and training are offered in Accounting and Finance, Communication and Team Building, Sales and Marketing, Workplace Productivity and Problem Solving.
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Admission Process
Amity Global Institute invites applications twice a year. International applicants can apply by completing the online application form available on the university website. The application fee for international students is 350 SGD. Applicants must present all documents as required to be considered for admission.
How to Apply?
The steps for applying to Amity Global Institute are discussed below:
Application Portal: Student Application Form (Online)
Application Fee: 350 SGD
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be provided along with the application:
- Notarised copies of transcripts and certificates of highest education qualification.
- Scores of English language proficiency exams to study in Singapore or a letter from the previously attended institution certifying English as the medium of instruction.
- Four copies of passport-size photograph with white background
- A copy of personal information page and expiry date of passport/ copy of original NRIC
- Letter from employer certifying the period of employment (required for applicants who were employed after completing the last qualification.
- Proof of financial ability in the form of parent’s monthly income, bank statement, fixed deposit account details, savings account showing deposit of 24,200 SGD (18,000 USD)
- Academic Reference (required for UON/ UOL applicants)
- Statement of Purpose (required for UON/ UOL applicants)
- At least 3 years of managerial work experience (for MBA applicants)
English Proficiency Test Score Requirements
International students must submit proof of English language proficiency for admission to the choice of program. The accepted tests and minimum requirements for undergraduate and graduate admission are given in the table below:
|Test||Undergraduate Requirements||Graduate Requirements|
|IELTS||6.0 overall||6.5 overall|
|Cambridge English/ Cambridge of Advanced English||169||Grade C|
Note: It must be noted that the test must be taken in the last three years.
Amity Global Institute, the Singapore Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee at Amity Global Institute varies from program to program and is set out by the institution offering it. The international student tuition fee for top programs are given in the table below:
|Program||Tuition Fee (in SGD)|
|MS in Data Science||18,888|
|MA in Creative Business Management||21,999|
|Master of Laws in International Commercial Law||22,000|
|MS in Artificial Intelligence||18,888|
|MS in Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics||22,999|
|BA in Business, Finance and Accounting||11,000|
|BS in Computer Science||30,000|
|Bachelor of Law (Hons)||27,000|
International students must carry at least 1,700 SGD while travelling to Singapore to pay for accommodation and living expenses for the first 2 weeks. The estimated cost of living in Singapore for international students are summarized in the table below:
|Expense||Cost (in SGD)|
|Accommodation (including rent and utilities)||300-800|
|Travel (public transport)||50-100|
|Books and Stationery||30-60|
|Cost per month||800-1,700|
|Cost per year||9,600-20,400|
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Financial Aid
Amity Global Institute offers financial aid to outstanding applicants in the form of scholarships. The value of the scholarship will apply towards the tuition fee. Students can apply for scholarships by sending an email at email@example.com. The institute will accept scholarship applications from all candidates willing to apply and will be assessed based on academic merit.
- Students must have a minimum point of 6.5 out of 10 or grade B in high school or the most recent qualification.
- All undergraduate applicants must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent proof of English language proficiency. International graduate applicants must have at least 6.5 on IELTS or equivalent for scholarship consideration.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo a final panel interview conducted by the school, chaired by the School Principal and Board of Academics.
- The panel interview will assess candidates based on their motivation factors, personality, attitude and goals.
To check scholarships available to study in Singapore, Click Here!
Amity Global Institute, Singapore Placements
Students at the Amity Global Institute are offered Career Guidance and Assistance to help them in a smooth career transition. Career guidance includes lectures from industry specialists, guest speakers, seminars and networking opportunities. This will enable students to learn more about job opportunities in their chosen career path such as MBA jobs in Singapore.
To help students gain exposure, the institute organizes and participates in international conferences and panel discussions that involve CEOs, Directors and Financial Institutions. Students are also provided with opportunities to undertake visits to companies and be a part of live industry projects.
Amity Global Institute is a relatively young university teaching management for the previous 16 years and continuously recognized among the top global universities for its practical and industry-oriented approach. The institute also offers exceptional programs through its partnerships with universities across the world. The faculty of the institute is also composed of experienced individuals including academicians from top institutions and industry leaders. Altogether, the institute prepares students to step into the corporate world.
Ques. What is the average duration of programs offered by Amity Global Institute?
Ans. Bachelor’s degree programs can be completed in 12 to 48 months while master’s degree programs can be completed in 12 to 24 months.
Ques. Is there a part-time study option for the MBA program?
Ans. Yes, MBA programs taught in partnership with the University of London can be studied in part-time mode.
Ques. Is there a way to prove English language proficiency without submitting test scores?
Ans. Applicants can satisfy English language requirements if they have completed 18 months of education or employment in English. In this case, a letter from the previous institution is required certifying English as the medium of instruction.
Ques. How can I pay the application fee?
Ans. Applicants can pay their application fee via cash, cheque, demand draft, banker’s draft or online transfer. It must be noted that payment should be made in SGD only.
Ques. How can I submit my application and supporting documents to Amity Global Institute?
Ans. Applicants are required to mail the completed application and supporting documents to the following address at least 3 weeks before the program start date:
Amity Global Institute
101, Penang Road, Singapore 238466
Phone: +65 6602 9500; Fax: +65 6602 9509E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ques. Is an interview required for admission to Amity Global Institute?
Ans. Yes, shortlisted applicants who meet the eligibility criteria for admission to the Amity Global Institute will be invited for an interview. The application will be accepted for admission only after completion of the interview.
Ques. What are the entry requirements for admission to the MBA program at Amity Global Institute?
Ans. The entry requirements for admission to the MBA program at Amity Global Institute are given below:
- Applicant must be at least 20 years old at the time of application
- Must have a second-class honours bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience at a managerial position in the last 5 years.
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent proof of English language proficiency
Ques. When should I apply for a visa to study in Singapore?
Ans. International applicants must apply for a visa to study in Singapore at least 2 months before the scheduled program commencement date.
Ques. Does Amity Global Institute offer online programs?
Ans. Amity Global Institute does not offer online programs. The institute offers full-time and part-time study choices for bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
Ques. How can I contact the Amity Global Institute in case of queries?
Ans. In case of queries, students can contact a counsellor at the Amity Global Institute to resolve issues related to admission.