Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a public research-oriented education provider in Singapore, highly reputed for its education and innovation. The university ranked #13 globally in 2021 QS World University Rankings. NTU enrolled around 24,579 undergraduates and over 8,000 postgraduate students in various study areas including engineering, business, science, humanities, arts, social sciences, education and medicine.
NTU campus is often listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world which include 57 Green Mark-certified building projects comprising more than 230 buildings. Besides its campus in Singapore, Nanyang Technological University is home to a medical campus in Novena and NTU Institute of Science and Technology for offering masters in Singapore. NTU is one of the seven founding members of the Global Alliance of Technological Universities (GlobalTech) united to address global issues through science and technology.
Table of Contents
NTU offers courses through various learning centres including the National Institute of Education, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering. Top employers including Rolls-Royce, Alibaba, Dyson and HP provide various internship opportunities and placements at NTU. Nine in ten graduates at NTU are employed within six months of graduation according to Good Career Prospects.
Explore: Seven Reasons to Study in Singapore
Nanyang Technological University is one of the top universities in Singapore. Some of the 2021 rankings of NTU are listed below:
- As per QS WUR 2021:
- #3 in Asian University Rankings
- #1 in QS WUR Ranking By Subject
- #13 in QS World University Rankings
- #1 in QS Top 50 under 50
- #10 in QS World’s Most Photogenic Universities
- As per The Economist (EIU) 2021:
- NTU Business School ranked #1 in Singapore for 15th consecutive years
- #35 in the world and #1 in Asia in World University Rankings
- As per US News & World Report 2021:
- #38 in Best Global Universities
- #3 in Best Global Universities in Asia
- 47th in World University Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education
- Ranked #37 in the world by Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2021.
- 10 subjects taught at NTU ranked among top ten in Global Ranking of Academic Subjects by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy in 2021.
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Annual Tuition Fee||31,000 – 32,900 SGD|
|Estimated Monthly Living Expenses||1,065 – 2,000 SGD|
|Mode of Programs||Full-Time; Part-Time|
|International Partners||Imperial College London
Technical University of Munich
University of California, Berkeley
|Admission Helpdesk||67905806 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Nanyang Technological University offers advanced adult education and professional development programs along with bachelor's and master's degrees. Some popular NTU programs are Arts and Humanities, Engineering and Technology, Life sciences, Medicine, Social Sciences, and Management. Programs are offered across various faculties including:
- College of Engineering: NTU College of Engineering ranked 8th globally for Engineering and Technology by QS World University Rankings.
- Aerospace Engineering College of Science: The college ranked 4th globally for Chemistry by US News & World Report. It offers Singapore’s first double degree program in Biomedical Sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Nanyang Business School (College of Business): NTU Business School is accredited by European Quality Improvement System and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences: Singapore’s first professional art school offering courses in art, design and digital media.
- Graduate College: Drives excellence in graduate education at NTU and promotes inter-school collaboration and exchange programs through external partnerships.
- Top courses offered at Nanyang Technological University:
|Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]||62,056|
|Bachelor Aerospace Engineering||12,568|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Civil Engineering||13,843|
|Bachelor Mechanical Engineering||12,570|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Electronics||13,843|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] Marketing & Consumer Insight||27,267|
Nanyang Technological University Smart Campus, a test center for advanced technologies, is ranked among world's most beautiful university campuses. NTU campus is home to state-of-the-art buildings including Hive and Arc comprising smart classrooms for proper interaction. NTU has created a new world made of digital technologies for international students aspiring to study at top colleges in Singapore.
On its path to become the greenest university campus in the world, NTU is launching the largest wooden building in Asia, in 2021. This building will be home to Nanyang Business School and provide facilities for research and learning for various other schools.
To check for the Deadlines to Apply at Singapore Universities, click here!
NTU offers accommodation facilities for over 12,000 undergraduates and 1,200 graduate students across its 24 halls of residence at Yunnan Garden campus. Around 758 rooms are reserved for international students studying in Singapore. Housing cost for a single room or a twin-sharing room ranges from SGD 265–605. The two types of accommodation available at Nanyang Technological University campus include:
- Undergraduate Housing: These help freshmen students to immerse in a multicultural and diverse environment, well equipped with facilities such as the gym, music room and hall activities. Around 24 halls are available for undergraduate students including Saraca Hall, Banyan Hall, Crescent Hall and Tamarind Hall.
- Graduate Housing: On-campus graduate housing is available at Graduate Hall 2. Full-time graduate students and researchers are given priority when applying for graduate housing. Graduate students are allowed to stay on-campus for a maximum period of one academic year.
NTU has an average acceptance rate of 35% with only one intake per year. The academic term usually commences in early August. Students can apply for Nanyang Technological University admissions via the institution’s website for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Application Fee- 30 SGD (by Bank Draft) or 20 SGD (by Credit Card); 100 SGD for MBA program
- Official academic transcripts
- Scores of exams to study in Singapore
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio or writing sample
The cost of living in Singapore for international students comprises tuition fee, accommodation cost, meals and other expenses. The tuition fee for the academic year 2021-2022 at Nanyang Technological University is shown in the table below-
|Programs||Tuition Fee (SGD)|
|All programs (except below mentioned courses)||32,950|
|Accounting, Business, Computing||36,830|
|Types of Expenses||Cost per Month (in SGD)|
|On-Campus Accommodation||265 – 605 (varies with the room type)|
|Meals||300 – 400|
|Transport, Books, and Personal Expenses||320 - 540|
All the international students pursuing a full-time program at Nanyang Technological University are offered financial aid. These scholarships are offered to students who present good academic results, leadership qualities, and outstanding co-curricular records. International students also have the opportunity to apply for external scholarships to study in Singapore.
Scholarships available at NTU include:
|Scholarships||Benefits||Living Allowance (SGD)|
|ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||5,800|
|NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees
Settling-in allowance of SGD 200
One-way air passage from home country to Singapore
|Nanyang Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees
Accommodation allowance of up to SGD 2,000 per academic year
Travel grant of up to SGD 5,000 for an overseas program
Computer allowance of SGD 1,750
|College Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||6,000|
|School Scholarship||Full coverage of tuition fees||-|
Nanyang Technological University has an alumni network of 254,528 members representing 155 nationalities. These members volunteer to offer expertise and mentor students, organise various events, for career development and planning. Various benefits gained by alumni of Nanyang Technological University include:
- Alumni Course Credits: Alumni get upto SGD 1,600 course credit to pay 50% of net fee when enrolling in the courses offered by NTU's Continuing Education and Training (NTU-CET) units.
- Alumni Card: Alumni card offers various discounts on shopping, dining, healthcare, and hotels and resorts in Singapore and other countries.
- Library services and professional development opportunities
Some of the notable alumni include:
- Ms Joanne Peh (Actress)
- Mr Zaqy Mohammad (Singapore’s Senior Minister of State for Defence & Manpower)
- Ms Dipna Lim Prasad (National Sprinter & Olympian)
Career & Attachment Office (CAO) at Nanyang Technological University provides career coaching, industry-specific consultations, employability skills workshops, and career experiential programs for students and graduates.
- Nanyang Technological University has connections to over 3,500 global and local organisations, including MNCs, Public Service Ministries & Agencies, offering various internships, networking events and employment opportunities to propel students towards career success.
- Every year, about 5,000 students holding valid Singapore student visas are placed in various internship programs.
- CAO has developed a career framework for students called SODA: Self-Assessment, Explore Options, Set Directions, Take Actions.
- The average salary of NTU graduates as listed by Emolument are tabulated below:
|Degree||Average Salary (SGD)|
|Masters in Finance||120,000|
|Masters in Management||114,000|
|Masters of Arts||92,000|
Also See: MBA Jobs in Singapore
Nanyang Technological University smart campus offers the latest technologies including driverless vehicles and new ways of learning for its students. Scholarships and financial aid are readily available to support international students planning to study abroad. Undergraduate students are guaranteed accommodation for freshmen year at NTU.
Ques. How competitive are NTU admissions?
Ans. With a 35% acceptance rate, admissions at Nanyang Technological University are moderately competitive.
Ques. Is Nanyang Technological University reputed?
Ans. Yes. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is one of the top-ranked universities in the world. It was ranked #37 in the world by Financial Times' (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2021 and #1 in Asia in World University Rankings by The Economist (EIU) 2021.
Ques. What is Nanyang Technological University famous for?
Ans. The university is famous for its research excellence and technological innovation.
Ques. Does NTU accept transfer students?
Ans. No. The university does not accept credit transfers/transfer students.
Ques. How many students are enrolled in Nanyang Technological University?
Ans. It is home to nearly 24,579 undergraduates and 8,000 postgraduate students and its student body represents over 100 nationalities on-campus.
Ques. What is the average rent for off-campus accommodation at Nanyang Technological University?
Ans. The monthly rent is approximately 550-700 SGD per month around the college areas.
Ques. Is GMAT/GRE a prerequisite for postgraduate courses at NTU?
Ans. Yes, either GMAT or GRE is a prerequisite. There are no minimum score requirements for GMAT or GRE.
Ques. Are international students required to take the IELTS or TOEFL exam to get into Nanyang Technological University?
Ans. IELTS or TOEFL is required if the medium of instruction of the aspirant during studies was not in English.
Ques. What programs does Nanyang Technological University offer?
Ans. It offers programs through the colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and Graduate College.
Ques. Which are the partnered institutes of NTU?
Ans. It runs joint and dual Ph.D. degree programs with well-established universities. Some of its key partners in academia and research include Imperial College London, Technical University of Munich, and the University of California, Berkeley.
Round 1 (1st Nov 2021)
Round 2 (15th Jan 2021)
Round 3 (31st Mar 2021)
|M.S Civil Engineering|
January (31st Jul 2019)
August (31st Jan 2019)
|B.E/B.Bus Computer Science/Business Analytics|
January (31st Jul 2019)
August (31st Jan 2019)
January (31st Jul 2019)
August (31st Jan 2019)
July (30th Nov 2020)
Find A Program
Nearest Ranked Colleges
|Nanyang Technological University||National University of Singapore|
|collegedunia score||7 Out of 10||6.8 Out of 10|
|ranking (overall)||# 12 QS World University 2022 |
# 46 Times Higher Education 2022
# 13 QS World University 2021
|# 11 QS World University 2022 |
# 21 Times Higher Education 2022
# 11 QS World University 2021
|programs||UG Programs -46|
PG Programs -32
Doctorate Programs -1
|UG Programs -59|
PG Programs -54
Doctorate Programs -20
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees USD 13869|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees USD 13843.1
[For PG Program]
|Average Tuition Fees USD 12987|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees USD 15836
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - USD 5068 Per Year
|collegedunia reviews||-||6.3/10 Read 1 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison|
- Bus Station
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary