As Singapore’s flagship educational institutions, the National University of Singapore or NUS attracts more than 20,000 students from 100 countries, every year. The university has consistently improved its global rankings and at present ranks #11 in QS World Ranking 2021.
While the majority of National University of Singapore’s advancements come from its refinement of courses and curriculum, a small credit must also be given to its development of NUS scholarship programs for international students.
At present, international students are entitled to a limited number of NUS scholarships. However, these scholarships cater to a good amount of applicants. In the year 2019, the university awarded around 3,000 National University of Singapore scholarships to international students commencing UG & PG programs on Singapore student visa.
Of all NUS scholarships, 90% of scholarships are designed to provide full or partial assistance towards the payment of tuition fees. Furthermore, the majority of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships are awarded along with the NUS admission offer.
NUS Scholarships for Undergraduate Programs
For academic session 2020/21, international students are eligible for only two UG-level National University of Singapore scholarships- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship & S&T Undergraduate Scholarship.
Both these NUS scholarships have specific eligibility conditions- while the former is region-specific, the latter program-specific. However, there is one aspect that is uniform for both scholarships, no separate scholarship application needed.
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to full-time freshmen students commencing undergraduate courses at National University of Singapore. It is designed to support academically outstanding students from ASEAN member countries (except Singapore).
- Benefits: Recipients receive,
- Tuition fees
- 5,800 SGD as annual living allowance.
- Eligibility: The requirements are simple,
- Be a citizen of ASEAN country (excluding Singapore)
- Minimum aggregate of 70% in class XII or equivalent
- Outstanding extracurricular achievements
- Strong leadership skills
Applicants shortlisted on the basis of the interview may be asked for an interview session, wherein they will have to provide documents supporting their academic and non-academic achievements.
Science & Technology (S&T) Undergraduate Scholarship
Available to students of Asian countries (except Singapore), NUS Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship offers various benefits to the students commencing UG program at the university.
- Benefits: Recipients get the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- 6,000 SGD for annual living allowance
- 2,000 SGD as one-time enrollment allowance for settling-in
- Eligibility: Requirements of the scholarship are:
- Citizen of an Asian country, except Singapore
- Seeking admission at NUS UG program in Computing Engineering or Science (except Pharmacy)
- Minimum 75% in class XII or equivalent
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent extracurricular achievements
Along with National University of Singapore Scholarships, international undergraduate students are eligible for financial aid packages.
NUS Scholarships for Postgraduate Programs
For postgraduate programs, National University of Singapore scholarships are awarded as per the chosen degree program and level of study- masters by coursework, masters by research or doctoral program.
Talking about the NUS masters programs, the university follows a decentralized approach wherein all departments award scholarships and financial aid to students, as per their suitability.
NUS MBA Scholarships
Of all the programs at the university, NUS’s MBA program attracts the most number of students. As per FT Global Rankings 2020, NUS MBA ranks #15 and is undoubtedly the best MBA program in Singapore.
To its incoming MBA program students, National University of Singapore is offering more than 10 international scholarships. While the majority of these scholarships are region-specific, a few are available to all international students.
Some of the National University of Singapore MBA scholarships are:
- NUS MBA Study Awards (Dean’s/Excellence/Achiever)
- NUS MBA Scholarship for Emerging Countries Leadership
- NUS MBA Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- NUS MBA Africa Leadership Scholarship
- NUS MBA Scholarship ASEAN Scholarship
- NUS MBA Women-in-Business Scholarship
For the session 2020/21, the department has committed to offering NUS scholarships worth 1.3 million SGD, of which, 1 million SGD will be awarded to the recipients of NUS MBA Student Awards. The remaining 0.3 million SGD is reserved for other MBA scholarships, offering varying award amounts.
NUS Research Scholarship
Applicable for all research-based degrees (masters or doctoral) at the National University of Singapore, NUS Research Scholarship program recognizes academic achievements of incoming students.
- Benefits: Recipients of the scholarship program are awarded
- Full-tuition fees
- Monthly stipend: 1,500 SGD for masters students and 2,000 SGD for PhD students.
- PhD students get an additional 500 SGD per month upon clearing PhD Qualifying exam.
- Eligibility: The scholarship is available to students who have
- Completed UG or PG coursework degree with at least distinction
- Have secured admission at the chosen NUS research program
- Application: Eligible students have to indicate their interest in scholarship during their NUS admission process.
Recipients of the NUS Research Scholarship will be notified of the outcome in the month of May or October, depending on their admission cycle.
Most Popular Tags
1 Reviews Found