Master of Science [M.Sc] (Data Analytics and Business Economics)
- The program is multidisciplinary and is designed to solve business problems by integrating statistics, economics, business, informatics, and law.
- As a student, students will learn how to write their own computer code, how to manage data, how to use statistical machine learning tools in order to explore and deduct hidden patterns from data, and how to incorporate the results obtained into strategic decision-making.
- They will also learn about the relevant data legislation, and why it is important to ensure regulatory compliance when working with sensitive data.
- Students will develop their communicative and collaborative skills. They will learn not only how to work the numbers and draw conclusions, but also how to clearly communicate their results to data technicians and business managers alike.
- The program provides rigorous, hands-on training, and it does so through a careful blend of lectures, seminars, case assignments, computer labs, and self-studies.
- The training is carried out under the supervision of a number of carefully selected researchers from across the departments of the School, which are working closely together with partner companies and institutions within data analytics in order to maximize the program’s relevance for employers.
|Event||Start Date||End Date|
|Term 1||Oct 15, 2021||Jan 15, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- The program is developed for students who have recently finished an undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) of at least three years, 180 credits, in a subject matter including quantitative methods.
More specifically, it is required that the students have one of the following backgrounds:
an undergraduate degree including at least 30 credits in statistics and mathematics with at least one course in statistics that includes regression analysis and one course in mathematics;
an undergraduate degree including at least 60 credits in economics, informatics or business administration with at least one course in econometrics or regression analysis and one course in statistics or mathematics;
- an undergraduate degree including at least 60 credits in statistics with at least one course in regression analysis,
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they complete one of the following eligibility criteria:
- The minimum requirement is a 4-year Bachelor's degree or a Bachelor's degree followed by a Master's degree (4 years of study in total).
- Consideration will also be given to applicants who have attained a 3-year Bachelor's degree with honors in certain social science or humanities majors.
- Students holding only a 3-year Bachelor's degree without honors will not satisfy the entry requirements for a master's program. A Post Graduate Diploma is not considered equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen and does not meet the requirement.
Lund University does not require a GMAT or GRE score, but a well-balanced score may strengthen the application to this particular program.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
VISA & Work Study
- To study in Sweden, international students have to submit their application forms to the Lund University. Once, the university admits the student, they need to pay the first part of the tuition fee.
- Students need to apply for the following visa type depending upon their duration of study in Sweden:
- Short Stay Visa
- Residence Permit in Sweden
- At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Passport with a 6 months validity. Should not be issued not earlier than 10 years before the time of application.
- Letter from university stating that the student has paid the first fee installment
- Proof of financial funds.Minimum fund required in bank to study in Sweden – USD 871.95
- Evidence of health insurance if stay is less than 10 months
- Previous universities/schools marksheets
- 150-word essay on – Why have applicant chosen Sweden for their education?