Stockholm School of Economics is the only private funded university in Sweden. In addition to its specialized MBA degree, SSE offers 2 UG and 5 PG programs in Business, Economics, Retail Management, Accounting, Finance and International Business. International students planning to pursue courses at Stockholm School of Economics have to invest around 100,000 to 150,000 SEK.
Admission to Stockholm School of Economics will open from October 2021 for the coming academic year 2022. An IELTS score of 6.5 for UG and 7 for PG is a key admission criteria. Candidates planning to enroll into MBA programs must have a GMAT score of 600. A video or telephonic interview round to ask questions related to the choice of program is a part of the admission process. To increase the international student population, the school offers financial assistance based on academic merit, statement of purpose, extracurricular activities, and financial needs.
Graduates from the school are working in top companies like- Amazon, Barclays, Filippa K and others. Alexander Bard (musician and writer) Kristian Luuk(comedian & television host), Klas Eklund(economist and writer), Jan Carlzon (former CEO of SAS Group) earned degree from SSE.
Stockholm School of Economics Rankings
- As per 2021 The Financial Times has ranked SSE as:
- 60 out of 100 for Executive MBA
- US News has ranked its Economics and Business #114, in 2021
- #175 by Times Higher Education World Ranking 2020.
|Campus Setting||Suburb: Midsize|
|Intake||Fall, Winter and Summer|
Stockholm School of Economics Campus
- Students can engage in Clubs and Organisations, Trips, Tournaments, and SSE has a vibrant campus life with various traditions and fun activities.
- The campus provides various opportunities to students interested in Sports as they can practice with a coach and their fellows every week.
- Stockholm School of Economics has its pub, clubs, and banquet hall for its students.
- The university has a gender-inclusive campus and has a Flag of the Queer Community unfurled to denote the same.
Stockholm School of Economics Residence
- Stockholm School of Economics has two residences for International and Ph.D. students – Huvudsta and Liljeholmen.
- Huvudsta residence hall has three-room apartments, single studio apartments, and single-room apartments. Liljeholmen residence hall has apartments with a bathroom, balcony, and with shower and toilet.
- Amenities provided: All residence halls have a security door, private bathroom, kitchenette, furniture, internet, heating, electricity, and free laundry facility.
- Rent also includes the cleaning of the apartment once a month.
Stockholm School of Economics Programs
- Stockholm School of Economics offers courses in the field of Business, Economics, Retail Management, Accounting, Finance and International Business.
- The University provides 2 undergraduate degrees, 5 graduate degrees, and an MBA degree.
- Three different Ph.D. programs are offered by the School – Business Administration, Economics, and Finance.
- Master of Science in Business and Administration offers three specializations - International Business, Management and Marketing, and Media Management.
- Its programs are recognized internationally.
Stockholm School of Economics Application Process
Applicants can apply for the Stockholm School of Economics admissions by January 15. It attracts a lot of international students to study in Sweden.
Application Portal: University Application Portal
Application Fee: 900 SEK
- Completed Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Secondary Education and above for UG admissions
- UG or PG degrees for graduate admissions
- GPA corresponding 17.0 in the Swedish upper secondary system or equivalent qualification.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Motivation Letter (300-500 words)
- Updated Resume/ CV
- Personal Interview
- Work Experience (Graduate)
- References (Optional)
- Essay Question (MBA Program)
- High-Resolution Digital Photo
English Language Test Requirement for International Students
Stockholm School of Economics Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee (Annual)|
|BSc programs||100 000 SEK|
|MSc programs||150 000 SEK|
|Ph.D. programs||Free of charge|
|MBA program||495 000 SEK|
|Accommodation Costs (Per Month)|
|Single Studio Apartment||9500 SEK|
|Single Room Apartment||6000 SEK|
|Three-room Apartment For Two-person||7500 SEK|
Stockholm School of Economics Financial Aid
- 89% of the students receive scholarships offered by the Stockholm School of Economics. Whether or not a student will be provided with a Financial Aid depends on a student’s academic merit, personal motivation, extracurricular activities, and financial needs.
- The Scholarship application is to be submitted along with the Admission Application.
- The scholarships are given on a competitive basis and the candidate is selected by a panel.
- These scholarships cover Tuition Fee or Living Costs or Travelling Costs or combinations of them.
- Applicants may apply for various external scholarships to study in Sweden.
Stockholm School of Economics Alumni
Notable alumni of SSE are
- Sara Kukka Salam: Politician
- Philip Jonzon Jarl: Start-up founder, Magister Graduate
- Sebastian Siemiątkowski: Co-Founder and CEO of Klarna
- Jacob de Geer: Co-Founder and CEO of iZettle,
- Dan T. Sahlberg: Author of highly popular novels MONA and SINON, the Founder and CEO of Sehlhall Fastigheter, and also the CEO of Citat Group
- Thomas Berglund: former President as well as the CEO of Securitas.
Stockholm School of Economics Placements
Within three months of completing their graduation, 90% of graduates of the Stockholm School of Economics accepted a job offer. Corporate companies like Amazon, Barclays, Filippa K, hire the best of Stockholm School of Economics graduates.
40% of the graduates chose Consultancy as their employment sector and 29% chose Finance. Graduates salary of Stockholm School of Economics, by degree, as per emolument:
|Degree||Average Salary (SEK)|
|Bachelor in Science||1,278,000|
|Masters in Science||1,076,000|
|Masters in Finance||1,056,000|
Students graduating from this school have a high demand in the International job market. The Career Management Team of this school trains students in every possible way to grab their dream job. 90% of the graduates get jobs within three month of graduation from Stockholm school of Economics.
Find A Program
College Student Profiles
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary