Master of Science [M.Sc] (Computer Science)
- MSc in Computer Science at the King's College London is offered a program for a duration of 4 years.
- King's College London is one of the top public universities in London, United Kingdom, it is ranked #31 in QS Global World University Rankings 2021.
- Also, King’s College London is ranked seventh in the UK according to The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021.
- The course is offered on a full-time basis.
- This degree combines undergraduate study with a master’s course.
- In the first two years, students will study a broad range of subjects within computer science and able to refine their interests in years three and four.
- The key benefits of the program are:
- 6th in the UK for Computer Science (QS World Rankings by subject 2020).
- research lies at the heart of the department - 92% of research outputs ranked as world-leading or internationally excellent in Computer Science.
- students will be taught by leading academics.
- accredited by the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- The college collaborates on research projects, share teaching resources, and create internship opportunities to enhance students’ experience.
- Also maintains more than 50 sports clubs, societies, shops, eateries, and a fitness center and developed a worldwide status for top-notch teaching and avant-garde research.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:12.5.
- The average salary goes up to 1,35,000 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of King's College London is 85.7%.
|Term 1||Jan 29, 2021|
Closed for applications.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
All International applicants to Undergraduate programs are required to pay a deposit of 2,580 USD against their first year’s tuition fee.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have must contain at least one of Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Computer Science or Computing subjects.
- Students have A*AA grades in an undergraduate degree.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants have completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Welcome applications to master's courses from students who have taken a three-year Bachelor (Honours) or Bachelor (Special) degree from a recognized university.
- Students will need to have achieved good grades, usually in a subject related to what they would like to study.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in courses longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) – Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
- For degree level students on a Student Visa or Tier 4 visa, they should be allowed to work up to 20 hours during term time (term time is determined by the academic calendar).
- Students are able to work full time during vacation periods. These students should be aware that:
- Masters students: students can only work 20 hours during the summer period (the summer period is when students should be doing their dissertation so does not count as a vacation period).
- Ph.D. students: as students work throughout the year, term time dates do not apply to them.
- Students should be entitled to 8 week's annual leave and can work during their annual leave periods.
- Upon reaching the course end date, students can start working full-time up until their visa expiry date, for a maximum period of 4 months.
- During this 4 month period, students may have the option to switch to another visa that permits them to work in the UK after their Student Visa or Tier 4 visa expires.
Career and Placement after Course
Recent graduates have found employment within the following job roles and companies:
- Analyst Programmer, Airbus
- E-Disclosure Specialist, Stroz Friedberg
- Information Security Consultant, Merrill Lynch
- Financial Software Developer, Goldman Sachs
- Senior Software Engineer, Oracle
- Software Developer, Bank of America
- IT Consultant, Detica
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|The Global Study Awards||$12252||Yes||N/A|