Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Civil Engineering)
Ranked #18 out of 1200 by THE Global Ranking 2022
- MEng in Civil Engineering is a four-year program that builds on the knowledge and experience with a final-year design project and advanced modules and is a direct route to Chartered (CEng) Status.
- The program covers all the major fields of civil engineering (structures, geotechnics, materials, fluids, design, and surveying) with residential field trips throughout.
- In Year 4 students will have to complete a capstone design project, working in large teams to design a major engineering infrastructure.
- The program offers a world-class education brought to students by leading researchers, educators and practising engineers. It is supported by a structured personal tutorial scheme, subject-specific clinics and student mentoring.
- This program is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators.
- Students get the facility of Centred around week-long project-based team activities, which enables students to work with their peers to design solutions to real-world engineering problems.
|fall||Jan 15, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have an A*AA, A-level grade.
- GCSEs English Language at grade C or 5. Mathematics and Physics (or Double Award) at grade A or 7 if not offered at A level.
- Students have an IB score of 39 of which 19 points in three higher level subjects, with no score lower than 5. Physics must be offered at either higher or standard levels.
- Students whose official language is not English are required to submit IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE scores.
Indian Students Eligibility:
- Successful completion of one year of a Bachelor's Degree at an Indian university recognized by UCL, with an average grade equivalent to UK Upper Second Class.
- Or, the Year 12/Standard 12 Indian School Certificate awarded by CISCE or CBSE with five subjects at 95, 95, 95, 90, and 90.
Required Document List
Following are the required Documents:
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of a student's experience and skills.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- English Language Requirement - This shows the test score of English Proficiency Exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE, etc.
Career and Placement after Course
- Employment sectors for civil engineers include:
- Consulting, contractors, local authorities, non-governmental organizations,
- Research, the railway industry,
- Law firms and finance.
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2020|
|Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
No Comments To Show