Master of Science [M.Sc] (Business and Management)
Field of Study:
Offered By: University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Master of Science in Business and Management at the University of Nottingham is a 1-year program.
- It is an on-campus program offered on a full-time basis.
- This program is a collaboration between ASBM University and Nottingham University Business School Malaysia.
- The various course offred by the departments are:
- Master of Business Administration Finance MBA
- Master of Business Administration MBA
- Finance and Investment MSc
- Business and Management MSc
- The course provides theoretically-grounded coverage of key conceptual and practical developments across a range of management disciplines including corporate strategy, finance, accounting, human resource management, and marketing.
- Students must complete a total of eight taught modules and an individual dissertation on an approved subject relevant to their field of study.
- Classes will take place at the Semenyih campus during the daytime on weekdays.
- Students will complete a 60-credit dissertation over the summer and will be allocated an appropriate dissertation supervisor who will oversee their progress.
- The core modules of the program are:
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Managing People and Organisations
- Managerial Economics
- Research Methods for Management Studies
- The school is accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- The University of Nottingham ranks 6th in the UK for research power by the Research Excellence Framework.
|Term 1||Jul 12, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have an upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have a first-degree containing module in business studies, economics, or management.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they complete one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Students should hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, usually in a relevant subject area. This should be equivalent to at least a UK ‘Upper Second Class (2:1)’ or ‘Lower Second Class (2:2)’ degree.
- Students from elite institutions will be required to obtain a minimum overall average of 7 / 10 or 60%. These are the college minimum scores and particular departments may seek grades at a higher level.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of a student's experience and skills.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Board||$6966|
VISA & Work Study
Most international students need a visa/entry clearance to study in the UK. A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is a unique reference number given by an immigration sponsor to study in the UK. A CAS number is required for the student visa process. There are two different visas which students can apply for:
- Student route: Students will need a student visa if they intend to study in the UK for more than six months.
- Short-term study visa: The visa can be issued for up to 11 months. Employment is not permitted on this visa.
- Standard visitor visa: Depending on nationality, permission must either be obtained prior to travel or, in some cases, can be obtained on arrival at the UK border.
The required documents are:
- Details of passport
- Previous Qualifications
- ATAS Certificate
- Bank statements
- Scholarship letter (if receiving a scholarship)
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Parents or legal guardian letters if they are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph.
The permission to work in the UK is determined by the type of visa that students have. Most international students hold Tier 4 (General) student visas which allow a student to work, with limits on the number of hours per week and restrictions on the type of work permitted.
- Most international students studying for more than six months are given student visas allowing them to work part-time. This means up to 20 hours of work a week during term time and full-time work during their vacation periods.
- If students are studying a course below the UK degree level, such as foundation or presessional English, they are only allowed to work 10 hours per week.
- Students holding short-term study visas cannot work in the UK.
- In some cases, students can stay in the UK after completing a degree course and take on paid employment.
In this University Tier 4 (General) visa holders cannot:
- engage in business activity or self-employment
- work as a professional entertainer or sports person
- pursue a career through a permanent full-time vacancy
- work as a doctor or dentist in training, unless students are on the appropriate Foundation Programme sponsored by Health Education England.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities for the students are:
- Business Development Manager
- Business Administrator
- Finance Manager
- Accounting Head
- Management Consultant
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UWL International Ambassador Scholarship||$6447||Yes||Mar 30, 2020|
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Mar 31, 2020|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|