Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology, and Research (VFSTR) University, provides quality education in a diverse and intellectually stimulating environment. It imparts value addition training to students to make them competent and inspired engineers. The Institute celebrates the power of knowledge, cultivates vision and encourages new ideas, besides aiming to inculcate human values and build awareness about the self and society around. The Institute is well known for its dedicated faculty, state-of-art infrastructure, and excellent Placement Record. As a university, it is in the process of improving its standards to the level of a global technical institution. The latest curriculum has been prepared after consulting our illustrious alumni working across the world, veterans from industry and distinguished academicians possessing a rich teaching and research background. The university offers study in various UG, PG and Research Courses in Engineering, Science and Management fields. Admission to such courses is based on entrance exams conducted at the national level and merit system.
Vignan University Highlights
|Established | University Type||2009 | Deemed University|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ Grade, UGC|
|Campus Area||42.86 acres|
|Entrance Exam||University-level: V-SAT
State-level: TS I-CET, AP/ TS EAMCET
National-level: JEE Main, CAT, MAT, GATE, and NET
|Courses Offered||UG: 19 | PG: 11|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online and Offline | INR 1,200|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Voltas, HCL, AXIS Bank, Videocon, TCS, Darwin box, Future group, Hyundai Mobis|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 86323 44700/ 701|
Vignan University Rankings
- Ranked 107 among the engineering category of India by NIRF 2019 Rankings
- Listed in 76-100 rank band in the management category by NIRF 2019 Rankings
- Ranked 16th in the top Technical universities by India Today Engineering Ranking 2019
- Listed in the 101-150 rank band among the overall category of universities in NIRF 2019 Rankings
- Listed in the 101-150 rank band among the top universities in India by NIRF 2019 Rankings
- Ranked 53rd among the top 150 engineering colleges by Times of India Engineering Insitute Ranking 2018
- Awarded Green Campus Award by Andhra Pradesh State Government in 2018
Departments under Vignan University
All the courses offered at Vignan University come under the following Departments:
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
Vignan University Courses
The university provides a cluster of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the area of Technology, Computer and administering Business. The table below briefs about the name of the courses, duration, and eligibility:
|B.Sc in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science||3-Year||Intermediate(10+2) in PCM or MEC discipline with 70% or 8 CGPA in total aggregate.|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry in Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)||3-Year||
Diploma in the relevant discipline
|BBA||3-Year||Intermediate(10+2) in any discipline with 50% or 6.0 CGPA in total aggregate|
|M.Tech||2-Year||B.Tech graduates in the relevant courses with at least 50% marks in total aggregate or equivalent CGPA|
|MCA||3-Year||Graduates in any disciplines with 50% in total aggregate and Mathematics as one of the main subjects in 10+2|
|M.A in English||2-Year||Graduation in any discipline with English as a Major/ Minor subject with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc. in Chemistry||2-Year||B.Sc with Chemistry as one of the subjects with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (above 6.5 CGPA)|
|Ph.D. in Engineering, Science, Management, and English Streams.||3-5 Years||Master degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% and good research background.|
Also, Check: Vignan University Fees
Vignan University Admission
The University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in multiple specializations. Applicants must register their names for their desired courses, the mode of the application is offline and online as. Candidate can follow the subsequent steps and make themselves registered:
Step 1: Visit the official website(https://www.vignan.ac.in/) and navigate yourself to the Admission page
Step 2: Choose the UG/PG/Ph.D. Course as per your choice and further select the course you want to apply for
Step 3: Navigate yourself to the end of the page click on ‘How To Apply’
The students have options to apply either through online or offline mode, details for the same are given below:
- Online applicants must click on and the application form will appear
- Fill in the form duly and submit it with the payment of the application fee as per your category and course.
- Offline candidates must click on Apply Through DD and download the application form.
- Duly fill the form with all the correct information and attach a DD of INR 1200 (the application fee) and post it to the address given below:
Office of Dean Admissions,
Vignan University, Vadlamudi,
Guntur – 522 213 (A.P.) – India
Contact No. +91 86323 44777/ 78
Note: Application fee for M.A (English) & M.A (Chemistry) is INR 200.
Admission to all the courses offered at the university is done on the basis of entrance exams and on merit basis. The types of entrance exams candidates must appear as per courses and the selection procedure are listed below:
- B.Tech/ B. Pharmacy aspirants are admitted on the basis of their marks or rank secured in JEE Mains/ Advanced/ A.P/ TS EAMCET-2020 or VSAT -entrance exam conducted by the university itself and above 7.0 CGPA in + 2 examination.
- B. Sc. admission is completely done based on +2 examination marks. Candidates satisfying their eligibility with Vignan University Cutoff can be considered for admission.
- The selection of candidates for admission into BBA and BCA programs will be on the basis of their marks secured in +2 examination as well as V-JET, an entrance exam conducted by the university.
- M.Tech aspirants will be admitted on the basis of their marks in B.Tech. / B.E branch with qualified rank in PGECET/GATE/VU CET.
- MBA admissions are done on the basis of marks secured in MAT or CAT conducted at the national level and results obtained in I-CET conducted in A.P/Telangana. .
- MCA admissions will be on the basis of rank in A.P/TS I-CET, an entrance exam conducted by Andhra Pradesh/Telangana States.
Ph.D. (Engineering, Science, Management, and English) aspirants are admitted on the basis of the academic performance in UG, PG, written test and interview conducted by Vignan University.
Check: Vignan University Admission
Vignan University Placements
The university has great placements records. Every year, it gathers the best placements opportunities for its students. The Placement cell at Vignan University provides an interface between students and industry by providing assistance to students for industry internships and final placements.
In the academic year 2018-19, the students were offered the highest salary of INR 12 LPA whereas the average salary offered was INR 3.48 LPA. The university placed its students in some of the reputed companies Such as Amazon, Voltas, HCL, AXIS Bank, Videocon, and more.
The Placement records of the past three years are tabulated below:
|No. of Recruited Students||No. of Companies visited | Top Recruiters||Year|
|1344||124 | Gbox, EPAM, Wipro, MAQ Software, TCS, and more.||2018-19|
|921||96 | TCS, Darwin box, Future group, Hyundai Mobis, Nestway, and more||2017-18|
|699||84 | TCS, IBM, Learning Peppers, Hyundai||2016-17|
Click here: Vignan University Placements
Vignan University Facilities
Library: The university has a well-stocked library with a rich collection of 25,033 Titles and 71,000 Volumes of Books. There are 261+ National and International Journals and 3,748 Online Journals for student’s easy learning.
Hostels: The university provides hostel facilities to both boys and girls students with an intake of 1200 and 1250 respectively. The rooms are equipped with all the necessary facilities like Wifi, Playground, Library, Gym, Medical Rooms.
Sports Facilities: The campus has playgrounds for cricket, football, tennis, basketball, badminton and volleyball. In addition, gymnasium, athletics track and walking track are available. All the sports activities are organized under the supervision of well-experienced coaches and physical directors.
Arts and Culture: The university organizes various arts and cultural activities. There is a cultural club that organizes Music, Dance, Debating, Photography, Travel, Environment, GK, Film, Heritage Clubs. Vignan University has a music, art and culture centre.
Vignan University FAQs
Ques. Does the university provide scholarships facility?
Ans. Yes, The university has a wide range of scholarships. To know more, click here
Ques. Does Vignan University Guntur provide accommodation facilities?
Ans. Yes, The university has a well-furnished A/c hostel facility available for the foreign boys and girls within the campus. Hostels are equipped with indoor games facilities and gymnasium. No student should stay away from his/her room during the night without prior written permission of the Warden. The VFSTR hostel Health Centre offers medical facilities round the clock to the students residing in the hostels.
Ques. What is V-SAT?
Ans. VSAT stands for the Vignan Scholastic Aptitude Test, an entrance test conducted by Vignan University across India for admission to the B.Tech/ B.Pharmacy course in multiple specializations. It is a university level test which is conducted once a year in computer-based mode. The exam is conducted in online mode in the English medium. The duration of the paper is 150 minutes consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, and English subjects.