Assam University was established in 1994 and is located in Silchar, Assam. The University has two campuses in Silchar and Diphu.
Assam University Silchar offers B.Tech, BPA, BVA, BA LLB, B.Pharm, B.Voc, Integrated B.Sc. – M.Sc. and Integrated B.Sc. – B.Ed. course at UG level. At PG level, the university offers M.Tech, MBA, MA, M.Sc., M.Com, M.L.I.Sc, M.Ed., MVA, MSW and LLM. At Research level, M.Phil and Ph.D. courses are offered by the university. D.Litt., Diploma and Certificate courses are also offered by the university.
- Application Process for all the courses offered by the University is online.
- For B.Tech, candidate must pass in 10+2 examination with PCM as subjects and minimum 60% marks.
- The university also offers B.Tech Lateral entry course for which candidate must pass in Diploma in Engineering.
- For 75% of the B.Tech seats, admission is on the basis of JEE Main score and for the rest of the seats, admission is given on the basis of UG entrance test conducted by the department.
- For UG courses, candidate must pass in 10+2 examination in relevant stream from recognized university.
- For UG and PG courses, admission is done on the basis of entrance test and interview conducted by the university.
- For M.Tech, candidate must pass in B.Tech with relevant discipline from recognized university.
- For M.Tech, candidate with valid CUCET/ GATE score is considered for admission.
- For MBA, candidate must pass in any Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks from recognized university.
- Admission to MBA is done on the basis of CAT scores.
- Candidates not having CAT score card have to appear for Written Skill Assessment Test (WSAT) conducted by the Management Department.
- For other PG courses, candidate must pass in Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from recognized university.
- Applicants of research based courses of Ph.D and M.Phil must have done Postgraduation in the relevant field with at least 55% marks.
- Admission to the Ph.D and M.Phil courses is on the basis of Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) conducted by the respective schools and interview.
Read More: Assam University Fees Structure
Admission Highlights of Assam University
|Name of University||Assam University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance based|
|Name of Entrance||For M.Tech: GATE|
|For B.Tech: JEE Main|
|For MBA: Written Skill Assessment Test (WSAT) / CAT|
|M.Phil and Ph.D: Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET)|
|Entrance Date||GATE: February 3,4,10 and 11, 2020|
|JEE Main: April 8, 15 & 16, 2020|
|CAT: November 26, 2020|
|WSAT: February 23, 2020|
|CRET: January 17, 2020|
|Entrance Result||GATE: March 17, 2020|
|CAT: Second week of January, 2020|
|JEE Main: April 30, 2020|