CEED 2022 will be conducted on January 23, 2022. However, registrations for the same ended on Nov 18, 2021. Candidates who have successfully completed the registration will be able to download the admit card from January 8, 2022. Results for the same will be announced on March 8, 2022. Read more about: IIT Guwahati Admission 2022
IIT Guwahati M.Des Key Highlights
- IIT Guwahati is one of the top IITs in India that offers the Master of Design in the duration of 2 years.
- The M.Des program at IIT Guwahati is available via regular mode and the institute charges a total program fee of INR 23, 600 for its M.Des program.
- The M.Des program at IIT Guwahati has a multidisciplinary faculty drawn from a vast variety of fields such as Industrial Design, Product Design, Computer Graphics, Information Design etc. Check IIT Guwahati Faculty Details.
- Apart from other basic facilities, the institute provides lab facilities for its designing students to perform research and activities.
- Placements are conducted every year at the campus of IIT Guwahati to provide the best job opportunities to its students and also, various summer internships are provided at both international and national level with stipends and without stipends.
- The past recruiters of the Department of Design at IIT Guwahati include Wipro, TCS, IBM, Flipkart, Accenture, Infosys, Cognizant, Virtusa India, Mindtree, Videocon, Sysmentic India and many more. Check further more details of IIT Guwahati Placements
Read more about: IIT Guwahati
IIT Guwahati M.Des Important Dates 2022
|CEED 2022 Registration Start Date
||September 9, 2021
|CEED 2022 Registration Last Date
||November 11, 2021 (extended)
|CEED 2022 Registration Last Date With Late Fee
||November 16, 2021
|CEED 2022 Admit Card Release
||January 8, 2022
|CEED 2022 Exam
||January 23, 2022
|Release of draft answer key for Part-A
||January 25, 2021
|Last date of uploading comments about draft answer key for Part-A
||January 27, 2021
|Release of final answer key for Part-A
||January 31, 2021
|CEED 2022 Result
||March 8, 2022
IIT Guwahati M.Des Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates seeking admission into the M.Des program at IIT Guwahati are required to have completed their bachelor's degree in design/ engineering/ architecture from any recognized university or college.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA in graduation.
IIT Guwahati M.Des Admission Criteria
Admission to the M.Des program is entirely based on the scores obtained by the applying candidates in the CEED Entrance examination. The seat allotment is done after the successful completion of the CEED entrance examinations. The selected candidates then have to report to the campus for document verification and other admission procedures.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of the IIT Guwahati.
- Register yourself by entering the basic details such as email id, phone number, name, date of birth, program etc.
- Click on the 'Register ' tab and start filling the application form for the M.Des program 2022
- Enter all the necessary details in the application form including CEED 2022, education details, personal information etc.
- Upload all the scanned images of the required documents and make the payment for the application form.
- Download the payment receipt and filled application form for your future reference.
Check More: IIT Guwahati Cutoff
IIT Guwahati M.Des Course Details
- The Master of Design is spread over 2 years comprising 4 semesters.
- The first three semesters of the M.Des program include coursework and practical work and internship/ industrial training in the 4th semester.
- The institute organizes and encourages its students to participate in various seminars and workshops to enrich their practical skills.
- The coursework of the M.Des program includes core courses, lab work, projects, thesis, seminars, industrial training, etc.
- The evaluation system of the course work is based on the internal and external assignments, viva voce, mid-term examinations, and end-term examinations.
- Each particular part of the coursework is credit-based.
Check More: IIT Guwahati Courses & Fees
IIT Guwahati M.Des Placements
- IIT Guwahati has a placement cell that is responsible for ensuring the maximum participation of various top recruiters and students for the placement drives.
- The placement cell coordinates with various top MNCs and companies for the recruitment process and invites them to the campus for placement sessions.
- Apart from the placement opportunities, the institute also provides summer internship opportunities at reputed firms such as IBM, Purple Talk, Snapdeal, Oracle, Sprinklr and many more.
- Some of the prominent recruiters of IIT Guwahati M.Des program are IBM, Microsoft, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, Cognizant, Flipkart, and many more.
- In the 2020 placement session, a total of 27 students registered for the placement session and out of which 23 got placed with their dream jobs. The average salary package offered was INR 8.8 LPA.
IIT Guwahati M.Des FAQs
Ques. How are the IIT Guwahati M.Des Placements?
Ans. Placements for the IIT Guwahati M.Des program are extremely good. The institute invites several prestigious organizations such as IBM, Infosys, Wipro, Oracle, Flipkart, etc., for recruitment process and has an average placement rate of 85% for M.Des.
Ques. How can I get Design in IIT Guwahati?
Ans. For admission into the Department of Design at IIT Guwahati, a candidate needs to have a valid score of CEED entrance examinations and should meet the basic eligibility requirements.
Ques. Can I do M.Des after BCA?
Ans. Yes, any interested candidate can choose his/her masters degree in design after BCA/B.Tech/B.Sc./B.Des. with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
Ques. How is pursuing M.Des at IIT Guwahati?
Ans. Pursuing M.Des at IIT Guwahati is totally worthwhile. Students get great professional exposure and experience by experienced and highly qualified faculty members.
Ques. What are the top recruiters of M.Des at IIT Guwahati?
Ans. Some of the top recruiting companies at IIT Guwahati are Wipro, TCS, IBM, Flipkart, Accenture, Infosys, Cognizant, Virtusa India, Mindtree, Videocon, Sysmentic India etc.