The last date for applying in UG courses was 31 August 2020. The application process for postgraduate courses including MA in PMIR closed on 21 September 2020. However, for MA (except PMIR), M.Sc and M.Com regular courses, the last date of submission of the online application form is 5 October 2020. The last date of admission for all courses, including quota, is 31 October. The last date of admission under casual vacancy is 28 November 2020.
The counselling procedure will be held only after declaration of the merit list. All shortlisted candidates will have to go for counselling.
According to a notification released by Patna University, candidates need not send hard copies after submitting the form online. However, they should keep a printed copy of the application form.
The admit card of the entrance examination will be released two days before the examination.
Admission to all the courses is done through both online mode via the official website of the university, and offline through the registrar office of Pune University. Admission to the undergraduate courses is based on the candidate's score in the 10+2 examination, provided they studied in the relevant field from a recognised board. Typically, a minimum score of 45% marks is required for admission.
For selection to undergraduate and postgraduate courses, candidates have to take the Patna University Common Entrance Test (PUCET).
To apply online, students will have to visit the official website of Patna University to register. Register by clicking ‘Apply Online’. You will be redirected to the ‘Apply Online for PUCET-2020’ page. Click and select the course you want to pursue. Fill in your personal and contact details.
Login again and enter your academic details. Proceed to attach the scanned copies of their documents, photographs, signature in the application form..
Once the details have been entered, the applicant will have to pay the Patna University Entrance Exam application fee which is INR 300 for UG and INR 500 for PG courses. The candidate will have to pay the application fee online.
Patna University was established in 1917. It offers various UG, PG, PG Diploma and Research courses in various disciplines in the field of Commerce, Science, Humanities, Education, Management, Computer Applications, Library Sciences and Law.
Patna University has 10 constituent colleges which offer various degree and Diploma programs. The university also offers distance education courses. Application form can be filled online followed by submission at the respective department of the university.
- Admission to BA, B.Sc, BSW, B.Com, B.Li.I.Sc, BBA, BFA and other Bachelor courses is based on candidates’ performance in Patna University Common Entrance Test (PUCET). Check Out Patna University UG Admission
- For B.Ed and LL.B courses, the university conducts BEET and BLET exams respectively.
- For MCA, M.Sc, MA, ML.Li.I.Sc, M.Com and MSW courses university conducts separate entrance tests. Check out Patna University PG Admission.
- For MA (PMIR/ Rural Studies) and MBA, the candidates have to qualify in CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ JMET followed by GD and PI.
- For M.Ed and LL.M courses, Patna University conducts MEET and MLET tests respectively.
- Patna University conducts Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) to offer admission in Ph.D. program.
- UGC NET/ CSIR NET/GATE/MHRD Scholarships/Teacher Fellowship/DBT/ICMR/ICAR/DST-INSPIRE/CSSIR or ICHR qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for Ph.D.
Patna University Admission Highlights
|Name of the University||Patna University|
|University Type||State University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||PG Courses: Merit-Based|
|M.Ed: MEET Score|
|MA (PMIR/ Rural Studies)/MBA: CAT/ MAT/ JMET or ATMA score followed by GD and PI|
|LL.M: BLET + Interview|
|UG Courses: Entrance conducted by the university|
|LL.B: BLET+ Interview|
|B.Ed: BEET Score|
|Ph.D.: PAT followed by an interview|
|Application Mode||Online followed by submission at the university departments|
|Reservation||5% relaxation in the qualifying marks for SC/ST/PH|